Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Glare Polish - Snake Oil?  (Read 104215 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Glare Polish - Snake Oil?
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »

"Snake" according to ZZ Top....   http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Zz-Top/Tube-Snake-Boogie.html

"Charles Miller adds: "When this song originally debuted, the title and lyrics were, indeed, 'Tube Steak Boogie'. However, radio stations were hesitant to announce this title, or even play the song because it's a nasty title and a nasty song. Everyone down South, and especially in Texas, knows what 'tube steak' is, and that's how the song was written. In order to get the airplay on radio stations, the record producers changed the printed title and lyrics to 'tube snake,' which doesn't make any sense at all. but it wasn't as offensive as 'tube steak'. Additionally, the studio went back and distorted the word 'steak,' so it doesn't sound like 'steak' or 'snake' or anything else --- it just sounds like a glitch in the tape, if you listen closely."

Tube Snake Boogie is the "real" title of the song (changed maybe who knows?), but when I heard them play in 1981 or 82 would have SWORN it was Tube Steak, not snake.   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »

I thought tube steak was a hot dog.... :confused5:

Never made the connection to tube steak and pearl necklaces til later in life.   :o

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »

I thought tube steak was a hot dog.... :confused5:

Never made the connection to tube steak and pearl necklaces til later in life.   :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Miker, you crack me up man!!! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 02:36:05 PM »

Might be easier to find tube snake oil....... 

Like this?

Just the thing to polish your snake.

RedFXR2

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »

Or how about this product:

If it's good for bowling balls, think what it will do for your bike.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 04:11:30 PM »

Or how about this product:

If it's good for bowling balls, think what it will do for your bike.

Obvious response:

That only works on the AMF models. 

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 08:50:21 AM »

Have yet to see a post here giving a scientific comparison of Glare Polish vs Snake Oil.  Obviously, Snake Oil must be rarely used as a bike wax or polish, but expected at least 1 poster to prefer Snake Oil to Glare or at least claim it is comparable.

Also, does the type of snake (rattlesnake, garter snake, anaconda?) matter as to the best shine one can achieve from using Snake Oil?   :nixweiss:

I heard that the guys with '08 Annie SE's prefer snake oil derived from Copperheads!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »

I heard that the guys with '08 Annie SE's prefer snake oil derived from Copperheads!

As in the "Lodge" variety?

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »

As in the "Lodge" variety?
Do you drink ??
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2008, 10:29:59 AM »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

Occasionally.

Pretty much when your not breathing?   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »

Pretty much when your not breathing?   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Years ago.  Now just a wee bit o' spirits to put a sparkle in the eye & keep the chill off the bones.   :drink:

FXRS07

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2008, 04:14:05 PM »

Unfortunately, in my opinion, yes it is.
I initially bought Crystal Glo based on some great reviews here. Then I found many people saying the Glare was noticeably superior in shine to Crystal Glo or anything else on the market.
Well, I switched to Glare, followed the directions to the letter. Looked nice, but nothing spectacular. So, to be fair, I have continued to apply thin coats and polish it over the next couple weeks.
Still not overly impressed.
Today, I got out my bottle of Crystal Glo and did one side of my tank to compare.
Wow! The Crystal Glo side definitely had a clarity and depth to the shine. I would say almost wet looking.
So thats it for me. Crystal Glo is my permanent choice for a premium polish.
I feel like I wasted a lot of money on Glare.
Hope this helps anyone considering the two products.
Cheers!

I just got the Glare for Christmas in 2008.  I know this is an old post but I have to say that Glare beats anything I have ever used hands down. I purchased Crystal Glo as per your suggestion. Big mistake. No comparison. Do you work for Cyrstal Glo? Enough said.

FXRS07

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »

I actually find the Harley polish to be better than anything, but to each his own. I really like the Honda spray polish too. I tried Glare, it's ok.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2008, 10:32:30 PM »

I just got the Glare for Christmas in 2008.  I know this is an old post but I have to say that Glare beats anything I have ever used hands down. I purchased Crystal Glo as per your suggestion. Big mistake. No comparison. Do you work for Cyrstal Glo? Enough said.

FXRS07

Welcome from Texas :welcome_005:
Go to New Member Section tell us about your self and post some pictures of your bike.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.