Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Black Leather Deuce bags feedback on this bike  (Read 9272 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Black Leather Deuce bags feedback on this bike
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2004, 09:09:25 PM »

The paint should be able to be bought from the dealership (you'll need your vin #) and then ask around about body shops that can do trick stuff.

I'd start by aasking the dealership if you can order the bags color matched, from the factory.  Because you can order the brackets now, you may be able to order the bags (similar to the tour pak for our bikes) already painted.  If not, somebody at the dealership can probably refer you to a painter that can handle it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 11:34:19 PM »

I was in the local HD dealer this weekend to get some odds and ends and I put the Black Leather Deuce bags up against the blue/black CVO deuce in their showroom. It looked OK. I'm gving it some more thought.

Had my 6-yr old with me and she remarked "What are you worried about Dad?" "Well, how it looks. Does it look OK?" She replied, "Daddy, you're only worried right now because the bike is so new. Once it gets dirty and you have been driving it around for a while, you're not gonna care as much. I would just get what you think you need right now, because you are gonna put it on later anyway."  [smiley=yes.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2004, 08:45:49 AM »

she's right you know
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 09:22:22 AM »

I was in the local HD dealer this weekend to get some odds and ends and I put the Black Leather Deuce bags up against the blue/black CVO deuce in their showroom. It looked OK. I'm gving it some more thought.

Had my 6-yr old with me and she remarked "What are you worried about Dad?" "Well, how it looks. Does it look OK?" She replied, "Daddy, you're only worried right now because the bike is so new. Once it gets dirty and you have been driving it around for a while, you're not gonna care as much. I would just get what you think you need right now, because you are gonna put it on later anyway."
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2004, 11:43:33 PM »

she's right you know

I know! And the thing is, she gave it some thought (you know how you can see people thinking sometimes) and then said it in such a matter-of-fact manner and she's ready to move on--conversation done-- "OK, take me to Build-a Bear at the Mall now Daddy."  And I'm thinking I gotta beat myself up on this a bit more!  [smiley=wall.gif]

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2004, 11:49:23 PM »

[smiley=7.gif] And this is because she knows you so well......or because she's already got the human specie figured out? [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

You know, your supposed to have at least 12 years or so of your kids thinking you know it all. At about thirteen they of course have it all figured out. My kids give me that look now!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.