Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turn Signal Light  (Read 1474 times)

Ken_CVO

Turn Signal Light
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:39:45 AM »

I am not a big fan of the yellow turn signal lights that are on the Breakout.

I was wondering if those would fit the bike: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/led-bullet-turn-signal-kit-pa-11-67800060--1

On the HD website say it doesn't fit the CVO Breakout, but I find they are very similar.

Or can anyone recommend a brand that makes similar ones?

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
Re: Turn Signal Light
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 05:03:37 AM »

Hi, I have checked the Manual and the Harley site, for these LED inserts there is not mentioned that the LED inserts are NOT fitting on the FXSBSE.
However the price that is on the Mo-Co US SITE IS NOT EXACTLY MATCHING THE EUROPEAN PRICES.
As usual the US dealers are not shipping these Items to International destinations
So our European stealer's can Rip us off :furious3: .
The US site mentions 179 US$ however I checked several European sites and
they charge between 206 and 222 Eur for this set :oops: , or calculated back to US money for our friends on the other side of the pond between 263 and 285 USDollar.
Maybe it is better to order from KURYAKYN the  L.E.D. FRONT BULLET TURN SIGNAL INSERTS 5443, first of all we can get these from the US without problems
And they only cost around 110 US$ for a set.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:11:49 AM by Breakout »

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Ken_CVO

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:16:55 AM »

Hi,

I totally agree with you on our "stealers", I bought some L3 Legend Air Suspensions last week, my dealer gave me a quote, thought I was buying gold plated ones. Purchased them from the US directly and the savings pays for the installation and some spare cash for the turn signals.

I have a friend who lives in the US, will get them shipped to his address then will just get DHL to pick them up under my account. Was thinking of ordering them from Tri-County HD as I read they offer discounts and are great to deal with.

Was going to also ask for the chrome front and back callipers from HD. And maybe even some apparel. Will place one big order to save on shipping costs. If you need anything we can always team up.

I am not a big fan or the Kuryakyn ones, find them too modern for the CVo Breakout, like the HD ones better. 

Ken_CVO

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »

Well I emailed Tri-county HD. But they refuse to sell me any parts....... even if I supply them with a US address.

Does anyone know of a more friendly and business orientated place I could buy my parts from (if possible with a discount on the catalogue prices)

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks

janlubbers

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 05:26:40 PM »

Just installed them on my 2010 softail convertible! Running daylight as well! I am shore they will fit on a cvo breakout!

Ken_CVO

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »

thanks for your reply.

Do you know which reference you purchased? The one ending in 55 or 60? I haven't took delivery of my Bike yet, but are the front and the back the same?

Thanks

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 12:56:35 AM »

OK Ken-CVO  :welcome_005: in the real world of HD stealerships, I was wondering yesterday already how you wanted to purchase stuff in the USA. I have been doing it for years untill about 2 years ago I got the message sorry we don't deliver anymore to international customers. While by then I had a good relationship with the USA dealer I got from him a copy of the Letter of the Mo Co to all US dealers telling them that if they deliver goods to people who indicate that they exporting or to people of who they think will export the goods (for example a tourist walking into their store and wanting to buy stuff) they will lose their dealership immediately. So by e-mail or EBAY you can buy nothing anymore in the US.
A year ago I had to go to the US on a business trip and tried then to buy some stuff, however my accent is such that the guy at the counter told me immediately after I talked to him that he could't sell me HD parts because I was a foreigner, So the european stealer ships can go on with ripping us off.
I have been reading yesterday in an other post (breakouts of the world) that a German Guy had bought 2 red CVO Breakouts in the States  :stars: I am wondering how he did this, but I am sure that the HD secret service is already investigating who sold these to him and there will be soon one HD Dealer less in the US .
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:44:14 AM by Breakout »

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

RANGER73

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 06:43:24 AM »

Go to J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk to name a few. They should have aftermarket lens and LEDs retrofit bulbs that'll fit.
SUA SPONTE
PAID CLOSE ATTENTION TO ALL MURPHY'S LAWS

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 25 queries.