Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front braking improvement  (Read 1146 times)

Ken_CVO

Front braking improvement
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:55:19 PM »

Just got my Breakout and have took it out for a small ride, but I am not impressed by the front brake. I have the impression it doesn't really slow the bike and that the bake brake is way more powerful and efficient at stopping the bike.

Have any of you done something to increase the braking power? Or what are the possibilities to improve it?

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
Re: Front braking improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »

Mate my front brake is adequate . It's no superbike twin disc stopper , but mine is surprisingly good for a single disc set up  :2vrolijk_21:
How many miles/km do you have on it? They do bed in after a few hundred miles/km .

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »

Mate my front brake is adequate . It's no superbike twin disc stopper , but mine is surprisingly good for a single disc set up  :2vrolijk_21:
How many miles/km do you have on it? They do bed in after a few hundred miles/km .

same here...no dime-stopping distances like the dual front Brembo's on my V-Rod, but I grab the binders and the front end dives in a hurry and stops really well...

I wonder if there is too much take-up on your front brake?  I have very little travel distance on my front brake before it's at full ABS engagement.  That's how all my cruisers have been that I have owned from HD: rear brake has much more travel for modulation than the front...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »

My cvo Ultra was like that , just needs more miles it will be ok then
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »

Swap out the stock rotor and caliper for a Brembo setup from a V-Rod or touring bike. Did that on my Night Train and it made a huge difference. 

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

13brkoutCVO

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »

Mine stops very well with the front brake also.  Moderate pressure on the lever and the front end dives.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 03:07:49 AM »

Ken_CVO, I never noticed any reduced braking on the front when I got my 09SEUC, but when I used to replace the Hawg Halter pads on my 95 Heritage (the ones they recommended) they were pretty useless until I had about 10 or 15 miles of stop and go driving to get them to seat in. After that they were great. Easily twice as good as the stock brake. Only a single disc on the 95 but with the Hawg Halters it was fantastic compared to the small single piston it came with. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Page created in 6.69 seconds with 21 queries.