Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Styling Issue vs. Comfort -- Mustang Seat  (Read 3905 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Styling Issue vs. Comfort -- Mustang Seat
« on: February 17, 2004, 09:29:58 PM »

Ok guys. Here goes. No, wait......JC, before you even think it......I don't want to hear it....no, no, no, I can see...You're thinking it already "There goes psycho again trying to turn his scoot into a bagger" ::)....that didn't work....JC, just step out of the room for a minute......Your still there....now step out for a minute...OK I can continue now)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 10:01:22 PM by psychodeuce »

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Styling Issue vs. Comfort -- Mustang Seat
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 10:04:56 PM »

I use a mustang solo seat with a backrest. I switched from a corbin after my back went bad (L4-L5). Made a big difference. The bike has to be enjoyable to ride first if it is your main ride. I also use the harley detachable backrest with the luggage rack. works great except my antenna hits it (so I take it off,,untill I get my fairing maounted antenna..but you don't care..you don't have a radio). I remove my backrest when my wife rides to give her more room. Bike looks clean when using the solo only!
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 08:22:14 AM »

i'm wit cabo if you cant ride it for more than an hour change it, i've left my stingray seat on my SERK because i wanted to keep the original look, and i have spent as much as 15 hrs in one day in the saddle, with out to much discomfort
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 09:14:01 AM »

Psycho......sale the bike and buy what you really want, a SEEG!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] LOL
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ashcraft

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 12:26:01 PM »

HAVE HAD 3 MUSTANG SEATS, AND HAVE LIKED THEM ALL. I RIDE WITH A DRIVERS BACKREST TO MAKE ME SET UPRIGHT ON TRIPS, AND IT REALLY HELPS MY BACK. HAVE USED TOURING SEATS ON FATBOYS, ROAD KINGS AND ELECTRA-GLIDES.
AFTER BEING 'COOL', COMFORT IS AT/NEAR [OKAY, [AT] THE TOP OF MY LIST.
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 10:19:11 PM »

Psycho......sale the bike and buy what you really want, a SEEG!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 10:28:05 PM »

Well lets see if I'm headed down the path of cool :1.) Pastel full face helmet, 2.) Pastel, colored, heated, armored outwear, 3.) Touring Seat (considering backrest), 4.)Wimpy SEII's (according to several forums general concensus), 5.)Ear plugs. And I'm just getting started. I never did blend in very well!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 10:30:24 PM »

i'm wit cabo if you cant ride it for more than an hour change it, i've left my stingray seat on my SERK because i wanted to keep the original look, and i have spent as much as 15 hrs in one day in the saddle, with out to much discomfort

I think part of it is I'm not broken in yet. However, the lower back stuff is always there. You just get used to it (the pain) when you have no choice.  

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 10:34:25 PM »

HAVE HAD 3 MUSTANG SEATS, AND HAVE LIKED THEM ALL. I RIDE WITH A DRIVERS BACKREST TO MAKE ME SET UPRIGHT ON TRIPS, AND IT REALLY HELPS MY BACK. HAVE USED TOURING SEATS ON FATBOYS, ROAD KINGS AND ELECTRA-GLIDES.

Just received word back from Mustang. They have no plans to make any seats for Screamin Eagle bikes (just deuce not sure). I'm not sure how SE bikes differ from stock as far as seats are concerned. I think Harley has same seats as accessories for SE deuce that they have for stock deuce. So measurments must be the same. So, the mustang seats for 04 stock Deuce when they come out should be fine for the SE. Don't ya think?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 10:58:10 PM by psychodeuce »

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 11:52:53 PM »

Installed battery wiring harness for Gerbing stuff tonight and changed out Badlander seat for Sundowner. We'll see how the seat is on my first "heated" spring ride. It looks fine on the bike also with the touring backrest. However, in the process of installing the seat I noticed some rear fender paint scratching under the luggage rack. Never noticed before? Not sure if I did it (don't see how I could have, I was paranoidly quite slow and careful installing seat) or whether the dealer did it when they installed luggage rack and sissy bar?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 11:55:06 PM by psychodeuce »

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.