Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: FXR HISTORY  (Read 290113 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: HISTORY OF THE FXR
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2008, 06:29:29 PM »

1992 FXRS Low Rider

One of the cool aspects of these next 4 photos was that these were taken outside of the WI HD plant....
The FXRS Low Rider's last year was 1992.

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:40:57 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »

1992 FXRS Low Rider

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your curser next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your curser on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:41:11 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2008, 06:30:58 PM »

1992 FXRS Low Rider

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:41:27 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2008, 06:31:53 PM »

1992 FXRS Low Rider

It is the 1988 - 1992 FXRS Low Rider Model that has the same tank panel & instrument housing as the 1999 FXR2's & 1999 FXR3's, with the only difference being of course the 1988 - 1992 FXRS Low Rider's tank panel and instrument housing was finished in "wrinkle black". The FXR4's have a similar tank panel however the FXR4's featured an electronic speedometer/odometer thus they did not have a "manual" knob to reset the odometer.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:41:43 AM by FXR2evo99 »

elvislee

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »

1985 FXRC "Candy Glide" Side Pic - 1

If anyone has the ability to enlarge these pics without all the blurring; please do this if you will and then e-mail them to me so I can re-post...e-mail address is in my profile...Thanks Folks  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:25:31 AM by elvislee »

elvislee

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2008, 11:19:55 AM »

1985 FXRC "Candy Glide" Side Pic - 2

elvislee

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2008, 11:21:55 AM »

1985 FXRC "Candy Glide" Front Pic - 3

elvislee

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »

1985 FXRC "Candy Glide" Rear Pic - 4

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »

Elvislee....

Thanks for posting the photos of the 85' "Candy Glide" I know historically that many didn't seem to like this particular color but I would certainly enjoying seeing it in person before making my final decision....It seems quite appealing from all of the photos presented above and even earlier in this thread.....and there weren't many of them made!

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »

Elvislee....

Thanks for posting the photos of the 85' "Candy Glide" I know historically that many didn't seem to like this particular color but I would certainly enjoying seeing it in person before making my final decision....It seems quite appealing from all of the photos presented above and even earlier in this thread.....and there weren't many of them made!

Regards,

Tim

Vern has a customer with one that he's serviced since new. Guy still has it. It's one of thos models that either you really love the color scheme or hate it. Ya'll probably know where I stand on that! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:57 PM »

Vern has a customer with one that he's serviced since new. Guy still has it. It's one of thos models that either you really love the color scheme or hate it. Ya'll probably know where I stand on that! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

LOL, yeah, we know how you feel about anything that's not black! ;) ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »

LOL, yeah, we know how you feel about anything that's not black! ;) ;D

Hey man, gimme a break! I'm looking for a Blue 3, and I'm gonna keep it Blue too! How do ya like them apples! :P ;D ;)

But don't expect me to leave it stock. As you know, I'm one to make these things riders, not collectibles. I know it needs Traxxion/bitubos, PM DB calipers, Flanders street bars with 6" risers, ME tires, hmm, what else?

A little help with the motor!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2008, 04:24:41 PM »

Hey man, gimme a break! I'm looking for a Blue 3, and I'm gonna keep it Blue too! How do ya like them apples! :P ;D ;)

But don't expect me to leave it stock. As you know, I'm one to make these things riders, not collectibles. I know it needs Traxxion/bitubos, PM DB calipers, Flanders street bars with 6" risers, ME tires, hmm, what else?

A little help with the motor!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

You won't know just HOW BAD it needs the Traxxion/Bitubo treatment until you ride one. :shocked2:  The amount of dive in the front forks is incredible.  It'll be the first one of my bikes that I do . . . hopefully, sometime next spring.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »

You won't know just HOW BAD it needs the Traxxion/Bitubo treatment until you ride one. :shocked2:  The amount of dive in the front forks is incredible.  It'll be the first one of my bikes that I do . . . hopefully, sometime next spring.

Hey Brian, all HD forks need em, especially narrow glides! ;)

BTW, the FXR3 have a standard ht. or lowered suspension? I was hoping it uses the 13's (13.5? :confused5:) in the rear. Ya know how it comes stock? Pics look like Profile shocks in the rear. Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2008, 09:28:47 PM »

Good eye, buddy!  Profile low shocks in the rear, stock FXR up front! :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.