Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: “You got to be kidding, right?”  (Read 7097 times)

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
Re: “You got to be kidding, right?”
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 09:47:40 PM »

Here it is

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 09:58:46 PM »

So I sprung for the $20, and now I have the manual that should have been included with a motorcycle with a MSRP of $42,399. I stand by my original post, they got some set of balls, and most of us just keep coming back for more. 🥜🥜🥜🤪
At least it was printed the USA🇺🇸
Tom P.

You got a part # for that $20 manual? My dealer says the only way to get that is to download over 250 pages off the Harley site.
Not gonna happen in my world.
All my other CVOs had that separate manual.
 Now they jack the price up and don’t send a manual.
There is a steep learning curve to get it all to play well together.

Sales, GM, service department all say “no problems “ with all the bikes they sold.
I pointed out “just do what you say you’re going to do.”
Not good follow up on this cvo,
Lack of training?
Lack of caring?
They all do that?
Pick your excuse, does not sit well with me.
 :soapbox:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:01:21 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 10:02:50 PM »

Here it is

You got a part # for that $20 manual? My dealer says the only way to get that is to download over 250 pages off the Harley site.
Not gonna happen in my world.
All my other CVOs had that separate manual.
 Now they jack the price up and don’t send a manual.
There is a steep learning curve to get it all to play well together.

Sales, GM, service department all say “no problems “ with all the bikes they sold.
I pointed out “just do what you say you’re going to do.”
Not good follow up on this cvo,
Lack of training?
Lack of caring?
They all do that?
Pick your excuse, does not sit well with me.

Agree with both of you guys. Pathetic. Not sure I'd be very nice about not getting a manual. Now that I know what I know, IF, my next one is another HD, The service manual and the audio manual will be part of the deal.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 07:07:15 AM »

Boom GTS Owners Manual
Part # 94000601
Surdyke has it for $15.00
Tom P.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 07:23:42 AM »

I read the manual on the Boom screen a couple of times, and still refer to it when somebody asks a question about a function. HD is screwing the pooch here for a lot of buyers by not providing a copy in print.  Sometimes little things can piss people off in a big way.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Spiked Olive

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »

Well dang, the cover sure looks pretty. I'd pay $20.00 for that alone! ???

Yeah I agree with the OP. For $42K you should get a stinking manual. Maybe they could handle it like Plastic Straws. They don't offer it unless you request one!

I still to this day remember buying highway pegs and mounts for my first Harley a 2008 FLHX. I drive 25 miles each way to the dealer, spend almost $200 bucks, get back home and there are NO bolts to connect them with. I call the dealer to tell them they are missing. He laughs and says they do not come with them. It will be another $10 bucks and we have them in stock. I was pissed that they did not at least tell me that while I was there. ??? ???

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2019, 08:00:56 AM »

I read the manual on the Boom screen a couple of times, and still refer to it when somebody asks a question about a function. HD is screwing the pooch here for a lot of buyers by not providing a copy in print.  Sometimes little things can piss people off in a big way.

Tom: thanks for the #

Yeah, you guys are spot on about lack of customer service all the way up the ladder.
I will be heading to my local dealer this morning with part numbers and information they say is not available.
A call to H-D tech support will be our next course of action.

Our dealer has a cvo on the floor listed for 52K plus fees and you don’t get the boom manual because “you should download it from the web”.
Really?
HOGMIKE

ultrarider123

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2019, 08:32:57 AM »

Agree with both of you guys. Pathetic. Not sure I'd be very nice about not getting a manual. Now that I know what I know, IF, my next one is another HD, The service manual and the audio manual will be part of the deal.

I've read your comment a couple times now and I get more frustrated each time I do.  Operations manuals, electronic or printed, should NOT have to be part of any negotiation on ANY new vehicle.  When you purchase something, you should get instructions on how to operate (even though most us guys don't read 'em  ;) ).  In our legal environment these days, I'd say this is a lawsuit in the making.  Also, how in the wide world of sports do you access instructions 'cause sumptin ain't workin when your phone/laptop has died, you are in the-middle-of-nowhere (pick a state) with no cell or internet service?  If you have a printed manual, your covered (unless it's broke beyond road-side repair).

No printed manuals as part of a purchase...what's next?  That new scooter don't come with oil, sir.  That's extra.

GB506

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 11:09:29 AM »

I've read your comment a couple times now and I get more frustrated each time I do. 

I get frustrated reading these comments, too. You're talking about a 200+ page manual for a complicated hardware product (Boom! Box GTS) that receives regular software updates. These updates normally require changes to the manual, especially if functionality or procedures have been amended.

The printed manual delivered with a 2019 bike in the fall of 2018, for example, is already woefully out of date. The online version of the GTS manual has gone through many revisions already and was last updated two days ago.

I can see the logic in providing a printed version of the motorcycle owners manual because the info contained there isn't likely to change significantly over time. But I can completely understand why a printed version of the GTS manual has been deemed illogical and counterproductive from an end-user experience perspective.

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 12:29:50 PM »

How I miss the days that my biggest concerns were gas in the tank, oil in the engine, sweetie  on the back and how many kicks it would take to start!
Now we have to worry about the “end-user experience perspective” What???
Tom P.

GB506

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2019, 12:34:57 PM »

How I miss the days that my biggest concerns were gas in the tank, oil in the engine, sweetie  on the back and how many kicks it would take to start!
Tom P.

Hate to break it to you, brother, but H-D’s entire business model is built around the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »

Tom P.

Remember those days.  Cold mornings, 2 kicks and a big smile.  Used to park near a hill whenever possible, roll on start was easier.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2019, 01:40:19 PM »

Remember those days.  Cold mornings, 2 kicks and a big smile.  Used to park near a hill whenever possible, roll on start was easier.

Now that was and still is the real end user experience....just sayin.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2019, 02:06:24 PM »

Also, how in the wide world of sports do you access instructions 'cause sumptin ain't workin when your phone/laptop has died, you are in the-middle-of-nowhere (pick a state) with no cell or internet service?  If you have a printed manual, your covered (unless it's broke beyond road-side repair).

don't know about you, but I can say that I don't normally have my owner's manual on my bike.  especially when i'm packed for a roadtrip.  so I have a better chance of pulling the manual up on my phone than I do of reading the hard copy manual.  plus, if being 'out of service' really concerns you, download a pdf copy of the manual to your phone before you leave.  then you don't have to worry about service issues, or space issues in packing.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

ultrarider123

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »

don't know about you, but I can say that I don't normally have my owner's manual on my bike.  especially when i'm packed for a roadtrip.  so I have a better chance of pulling the manual up on my phone than I do of reading the hard copy manual.  plus, if being 'out of service' really concerns you, download a pdf copy of the manual to your phone before you leave.  then you don't have to worry about service issues, or space issues in packing.

I do carry my owner's manual in the tourpak everywhere I go.  I do have room but really, it doesn't take up that much space.  I also carry a current, magazine size atlas with me, too because it's nice to have something that can't break or not respond when you actually need it.  I don't carry the boom book, however (but I did read it when first purchased).  I've learned pretty much what I need so mostly on trips just use it for the radio and/or thumb drive.  I rarely go to the navigation but know how to use it if I do need to find something and it's not on my paper map.  I have issues in trying to navigate a road, operate a motorcycle and read a map while going down the road so it's better to have it off or reference it (or my paper map) when I'm stopped for gas/bathroom break... ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.