Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: comfort stitch vs Corbin seats  (Read 1490 times)

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
comfort stitch vs Corbin seats
« on: July 15, 2004, 04:25:15 PM »

I was orginally going to go with the Corbin seat, but after reading the topics here and noticing the $200 price difference, I am wondering if I should go with the HD Comfort Stitch seat?  There is  a post that says the RK Comfort stitch seat will fit on the 04 SE Electri Glide.

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

starvin

Re: comfort stitch vs Corbin seats
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 07:16:25 PM »

the comfort stitch seat is going to raise you up a bit. but it will fit. I have two buddies that tried out my mustang seat on thier roadkings and then went out and bought it themselves. its $400

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 08:14:29 PM »

I recently purchashed and install the new Corbin Stinger CVO.  Been riding Corbins for 30+ years and this is the best yet.  Lowered my seat height by 1 3/4" and moved the pocket back about an inch.  Should be able to buy one direct for about $350.

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 08:46:42 AM »

The HD comfort stitch seat is similar to the seat that comes on the Electra Glide Classic and Ultra.  Having owned an Ultra I can tell you it's not a bad seat, but if you do multi day riding it's too soft. IMO, it looks kind of big and bulky on a SEEG. But remember there are two basic truths about motorcycling... you can either look cool or be comfortable.  It's rare that you can have something that is both at the same time :)

Corbin on the other hand, well cheek, is much more firm and great for long distance riding once the seat is broken in (takes about 2000 miles to break in a Corbin). I have two Corbin seats for my SEEG, a "dual tour" and also a "stinger". If I were to pick just one it would be the "dual tour" as it is wider and also allows for two up riding. Add the rider backrest and it's a great package.  The downsides to Corbin are the cost and their customer service is almost non-existent.  Since the seat is firm you'll feel more of the bike and road vibrations through the seat. And depending on your size, the seat may move you back too far. The best way to buy a Corbin is at a rally or at their Daytona or California locations where you can try different seats on the bike and then have them make adjustments when they build your seat.

I've also had a Mustang seat on a Road King and it was a happy medium between the soft HD seats and the firm Corbin seats. They do tend to sit higher and move you more forward.

Another option to consider is Saddlemen. They custom build seats based on your physical characteristics (weight, height, etc) and have options like gel pads, heaters, etc. I have never ridden on one of their seats. My friend John, who has an orange / black SEEG, has one on order. He has always been a Corbin fan, but was not happy with the dual tour seat he purchased for a cross-country trip.

Some seats are good for 100 miles, some for 300 and some for hundreds more per day. All butts are different so what works for one person doesn't work for another. And bottom line (no pun intended) is that there is no "perfect" seat and any seat that you ride on long enough will become uncomfortable.

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 11:57:37 AM »

Thanks for all the info, I'll check out Saddlemen.  I might just pickup the Comfort stitch, price is right, unless someone out there has one and has info on it.
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.