Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road GlideĀ®

Would anyone buy a 2009 SERG 110 with 120,000 miles?

(1/7) > >>

fishdoktor:
Looking at a silver 09 SERG, looks good, but can't test ride. I'm in NY, bike is in TX. I have a 1990 EVO with 106,000 and still runs great, just looking to upgrade. Thanks in advance.

JCZ:
That would depend greatly on the price.  If you can get it at a low enough price to put a motor in it and still not have more $$ in it than the average 09 SERG is worth then I might consider it. 

It was a unique model that year, with a nice paint scheme that still turns heads ten years later.

fishdoktor:
Price is $11,000. I've always liked the 2000 in orange, but the 09 silver is sharp. Also don't see any oil stains on cylinders.

Twolanerider:
For me it would have to be cosmetically brilliant at that price; and that's something you can't guarantee from half a continent away.  It's also something that is a subjective measure so you can't trust someone else's word or judgment.  Especially when that someone else is the owner/seller.

Have seen a few examples of those bikes sell in the last six months.  Lowest I know of was about $16.  Highest of the four I know of that sold was $20500.  So split the difference and consider a good negotiated average.  So $17-18K ?  Especially if you're not willing to pay top dollar.  At that versus the asking price you're eating up every bit of the difference buying an engine.  After that you've still got everything from handlebar bushings, to swingarm and other suspension consumables that are pieces you'd have to consider with that many miles. 

It may not be an awful price (assuming outstanding cosmetics).  But it's not a home run either.

fishdoktor:
It looks very good cosmetically, but it has I think about 16" apes on it..are they hard to put back to stock?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version