Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road GlideĀ®

So I'm not a new member... but I am sharing my latest aquisition...

<< < (3/3)

2018_FLTRXSE:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on May 13, 2019, 01:52:36 PM ---
The monotube kits are a relatively inexpensive way to get a much better suspension up front.  Losing the air is no big deal.  You'll need to swap the caps on top of the forks with parts from the bazillions of bikes that never had air suspension to begin with.  Cheap parts on eBay.  In the rear just change the shocks.  Leave the lines laying in the bike or not; depends entirely on your degree of OCD.

I have for years on-and-off thought of getting a hack.  The idea has often tempted me.  Hearing guys who've ridden with speak of the greater effort on a longer day has always kept me from it.  Still thinking I'd prefer a hack than a trike when it finally comes the time I'm no longer good on two wheels.  I'd take the dog in a hack.  Never liked the idea of the dog trailers behind.  In a hack would be cool though.  A Greyhound in goggles would be the bomb!

--- End quote ---

Trike V. Hack... no comparison... I'd ride a hack anyday... it takes more skill but its more rewarding. . Be ready for conversations everywhere you go and be ready to give people the grand tour.

I can still ride two, and I still enjoy two. But hack riding is an adventure... setting it up correctly, from setting the bike up, to setting the alignment up for the hack its all part of the skillset needed to make the adventure fun. :huepfenlol2:

I've been riding this for the last three weeks straight... watch me next week when I take my gunship grey road glide out... i'll forget to put by feet down at the first light!  :oops:

OCD.. I got lots of that... right now its fix mechanical things one at a time from years of previous ownership(s) and buying chrome and black doo-dads to replace the bad ones... At least the speedometer and cruise control works now in the carpool lane in the morning on the way to work!

I'll probably fix the trip/reset button this weekend and order tires... (Tires are pretty old and hashed out.. they probably should have been replaced when I first got the bike...  :)  brakes too... )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version