Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 10" Windvest on Springer  (Read 2623 times)

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
10" Windvest on Springer
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »

Hey guys,
I haven't done many mods yet, but have put LED turns and HIDs (finally found a place to put all of the "stuff").  I bought a 10" Windvest and put it on.  It is very compact but at the same time buffets the air enough so that I barely feel anything at 95 mph.  Will make travel much more enjoyable.  Thought you may want to see some pics.  We have a few with the 14" Windvest already but I would probably be looking through the top of the screen...a bit altitude challenged.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 10" Windvest on Springer
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:42:40 PM »

side

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »

front lights off

Seegarsmkr

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »

Inside...all parts except screws are chrome.  Please excuse the finger these were taken with my phone.

Seegarz

Seegarsmkr

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »

Looks sharp. Too bad the stock one on the flhrse3 didn't work that good. Nice Job!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »

I bought a 10" Windvest and put it on.  It is very compact but at the same time buffets the air enough so that I barely feel anything at 95 mph.  Will make travel much more enjoyable.

So being in Germany I suppose 95mph is the normal speed on the autobahn?

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:47 AM »

I notice that you changed the mirrors.....The HID is from harley or aftermarket?

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »

Seegarz,

Glad the Windvest is working out for you.  Love mine on the V-Rod.  It really is amazing what that little piece of lexan does.  It sure makes the ride so much more comfortable at speed.  It looks good on the bike too.  Their hardware is first class and nicely chromed. From the side, you barely even notice the windscreen.  Minimalistic in appearance and functional at the same time.

Craig

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 02:04:37 PM »

I notice that you changed the mirrors.....The HID is from harley or aftermarket?

The mirrors are HD stock but the HID comes from one of our very own...HD Dude.  Thanx again HD Dude!!!  They are awesome, but on the friggin springer the tough part is finding places to put the stuff that is required since HIDs require A LOT more energy.  The parts are small but $.25 is a lot of money to a homeless person too.  You can do it but you need to be a bit creative or get a bigger headlight housing to stuff all of the stuff behind the lens.  I have heard though did not try...that the Headwinds 7" may have enough clearance for he ballast.

Thanx all for the comments.

Seegarz

Seegarsmkr

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »

So being in Germany I suppose 95mph is the normal speed on the autobahn?

Many places are unlimited speed, though they recommend 130 kph (78 mph).  The other places have speed limits and it is advisable to follow them, they have cameras all over the place.  It is possible to download the stationary positions on your GPS they also have mobile cars which you have no idea where they are; they never chase you they just send you the ticket in the mail...with your picture, points assessed as required.  It is easy to get a bit carried away and the spasms in my right wrist seem to only affect me when I am Springing...if you catch my drift.  :2vrolijk_21:  I have had my bike up to 110 mph (on the speedo) but only for short bursts...and not since putting on the windscreen.  Everyone here drives so it tends to be acceptable to ride it like you stole it. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Seegarz

Seegarsmkr

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 08:37:24 PM »

Many places are unlimited speed, though they recommend 130 kph (78 mph).  The other places have speed limits and it is advisable to follow them, they have cameras all over the place.  It is possible to download the stationary positions on your GPS they also have mobile cars which you have no idea where they are; they never chase you they just send you the ticket in the mail...with your picture, points assessed as required.  It is easy to get a bit carried away and the spasms in my right wrist seem to only affect me when I am Springing...if you catch my drift.  :2vrolijk_21:  I have had my bike up to 110 mph (on the speedo) but only for short bursts...and not since putting on the windscreen.  Everyone here drives so it tends to be acceptable to ride it like you stole it. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
Seegarz

There you go Hoist  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.