Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: I miss my old bike  (Read 5040 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: I miss my old bike
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 12:17:53 PM »

If you buy the bike back it's as if you bought the SEUC with no money down.  Simple as that. 

Maybe not.  It's the dealer's bike now.  Nothing to keep him/her/it from selling for more than he paid for it.  Even if its to the guy he just took it in trade from.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »

Our family has one extra bike in the garage.  You will not believe how many times that bike comes into play.  One bike is in for service, or a friend comes in from out of town and wants to ride with us.  Surprisingly, two bikes is not too many... sometimes.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »

I get the feelin you really do not want it back based on your comments... especially about your friend buying it.   

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 12:37:24 PM »

Our family has one extra bike in the garage.  You will not believe how many times that bike comes into play.  One bike is in for service, or a friend comes in from out of town and wants to ride with us.  Surprisingly, two bikes is not too many... sometimes.

Oh believe me Candy, I definitely believe it!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 12:41:48 PM »

Oh believe me Candy, I definitely believe it!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Spiderman seemed to like the SERG so much I think I'd have to check with Brian first to get permission to do anything with it.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 12:48:21 PM »

I vote that everyone should have an extra bike!!  The Titan does not get a lot of use but it sure is nice to have when its warm, I'm not going far or a good friend / rider is in town....   ;D

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 12:49:46 PM »

I vote that everyone should have an extra bike!!  The Titan does not get a lot of use but it sure is nice to have when its warm, I'm not going far or a good friend / rider is in town....   ;D

Nice Titan Greg!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »

Nice Titan Greg!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
Ditto that... that is sweeeeet!!!! :bigok:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 01:02:54 PM »

Spiderman seemed to like the SERG so much I think I'd have to check with Brian first to get permission to do anything with it.

The seat alone conjures up fantasies unmentionable on this family website Don.

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »

Well, at least Elvis is in the family, not gone away like my serkglide...Ah well....I didn't keep it long enough to get too attached...spent the money on it yes,, time, no... :confused5:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »

The seat alone conjures up fantasies unmentionable on this family website Don.

B B

That seat is properly broke in now Brian.  Mackie's cams are in and the bike is tuned.  Only thing it's waiting for is your visit.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »

I get the feelin you really do not want it back based on your comments... especially about your friend buying it.   

I wouldn't mind at all if he got it.  He rarely rides, unless it's with me.  Then I could have both of my bikes out at once.  I would get a lot of enjoyment out of that.  I know how meticulous my friend is with his bikes and his cars.  His Viper is from the early 90's and he still has only 2000 miles on it.  His Vette is also from the 90's and has 7000 miles on it.  His 95th Anniversary Springer has 7000 miles on it and I thought he was going to cry when we got caught in the rain this summer.  The bike has never been wet before.  His 03 SE RK is really decked out and has about 11,000 miles.  He sold his Ultra to another friend of ours last summer.  He keeps them all perfect at all times and doesn't ride anything hard.  Plus, we live close to each other and he is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met.  I would be pleased to see him get the bike, but short of that, I will likely have to get it back myself and then have to store it at his garage anyway.  So, yes, I'd like it back, but him having it would certainly be the next best thing, or maybe even a better solution.  He is intending to trade his 95th Springer for this bike though.  I think he has every 95th accessory available on it and like I said, he keeps it immaculate.  If you happen to know anyone looking for one of these, let me know.  I told him before that he should sell it outright and then just go buy the other bike.  He may also be trading his SE RK for an 09 SE Ultra, so he's in the wheeling and dealing mode right now trying to get the bikes he wants in his garage.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »

That seat is properly broke in now Brian.  Mackie's cams are in and the bike is tuned.  Only thing it's waiting for is your visit.

Every day the market ticks up brings me closer to heading east Don. Yesterday's gain was $4k. Another couple days like that and I'll cash out my 401k from GenDyn, roll it into a Roth IRA and pinch a few dollars from the transfer.

B B

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »

I wouldn't mind at all if he got it.  He rarely rides, unless it's with me.  Then I could have both of my bikes out at once.  I would get a lot of enjoyment out of that.  I know how meticulous my friend is with his bikes and his cars.  His Viper is from the early 90's and he still has only 2000 miles on it.  His Vette is also from the 90's and has 7000 miles on it.  His 95th Anniversary Springer has 7000 miles on it and I thought he was going to cry when we got caught in the rain this summer.  The bike has never been wet before.  His 03 SE RK is really decked out and has about 11,000 miles.  He sold his Ultra to another friend of ours last summer.  He keeps them all perfect at all times and doesn't ride anything hard.  Plus, we live close to each other and he is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met.  I would be pleased to see him get the bike, but short of that, I will likely have to get it back myself and then have to store it at his garage anyway.  So, yes, I'd like it back, but him having it would certainly be the next best thing, or maybe even a better solution.  He is intending to trade his 95th Springer for this bike though.  I think he has every 95th accessory available on it and like I said, he keeps it immaculate.  If you happen to know anyone looking for one of these, let me know.  I told him before that he should sell it outright and then just go buy the other bike.  He may also be trading his SE RK for an 09 SE Ultra, so he's in the wheeling and dealing mode right now trying to get the bikes he wants in his garage.

Wow!  As nice as that RK of yours (formerly) is, I'm not sure I'd trade a 95th Springer for it!  That's a friggin sweet bike, too!  I saw one at a show here last summer - it's a knockout!

What's he want for it (not that I'm necessarily in the market for one)?

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »

What's he want for it (not that I'm necessarily in the market for one)?

If the pic of your bikes is your house, I see you have at least a three car/multiple bike garage...plenty of space!

;) ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.