Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 256806 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1170 on: March 21, 2013, 02:17:17 AM »

WOW!!
Another month has gone by. Only 25 days until midnight-rainbow will have more rent due for the dealer storage. And don't ya know? We just had another dumping of the winter white frosting. Besides riding in the snowy icy frozen dirt road of Sunapee where I plant my home, I need to do it all right in the balance of frost and mud.

Either way I'll dress warm and get it dome. The strangest thing has happened this year, it's the first year since I started riding mini bikes as a kid, right on thru to today. Somehow I didn't get spring/cabin fever. But lol, maybe it's all those pills I take to cut down on the pain.

Speaking of that pain stuff and the fact that I have been off a curative medical plan and on the terminal comfort plan only also called palliative plan, my visits to the VA Hospital has change a little more than I thought it would, or maybe I just wasn't really thinking about it enough. Well, it seems that there's a push on for Hospice. I don't believe I much care to get into the breakdown lane yet. I don't like the circling the airport while I wait to land. Kind of weird, when flight chappy lands I'll be guided to a terminal gate.
Deep down inside I know that I have to get my heart right and give it my all so I can ride this year. So the last thing I want to mess up would be failing to get my ducks in a the row needed to assure I get in the wind for as long as I can.

Speaking of ducks, Maybe I shouldn't tell this one, ya, I guess I Will. It goes back about 40 years or so. I was up in the neck of the woods not to far from Weirs Beach, NH. It was winter and I might have been feeling a little confined, you know know, like cabin fever will do. anyway there's a McDonalds in the typical busy area near the water. Most of the water was frozen but not all. Water close to the piers rarely freezes if it's in the sun most of the.

Back to ducks, well, because there are so many people without a clue feed the ducks mickyD food so the poor creators don't fly south with the main part of the flock and pretty much get stuck eating mickyD food all winter. Back to that cold day some 40 years ago I went into mickyD's for the usual choke and gag and while I was there I had this idea cross my forehead, you know, the inside screen on my forehead. Might have been a bell ring too. So, I gathered all the fries that weren't being eaten and went out side to the ducks. I tossed a few fries their way and like always ducks filled the parking lot from all around. I tossed a few more fries and started to lead them to the doors of MickD's. I wished I had a camera to snap a few shots because in no time at all I had close to 50 ducks inside both sets off doors then I tossed all remain fries all around and quickly headed for my car and watched the whole thing from the comfort of my car.

Rocker and Deb came up a week or two ago to help with a leaking hot water tank. As always the leak ended up being an entire tank. All back together and again as usual a new leak down the pipe at the next joint if that wasn't enough it did it again. The water is nice and hot now.

Sue really suffered losing her twin sister, it caused her to go into a MS flare. She was given three days of IV infusion treatment and slowly she is coming along better now. I really hat when she gets these flares because I lose a little bit of her each time. We are doing pretty good at keeping our wits about us at least we think we are. Not that it matters much now, but the veterans Administration has added a few more diseases to the list of Agent Orange and the other agents that add up to the over 30 million gallons dumped on Nam. My ship was one of the ships that was a confirmed handler. A very long story to say that all the VA Administrators and Managers as well as all the top level chemical company's are all comfortable with the big time retirement and guarantee of zero accountability. The ship I was on was given to Nigeria. Other ships went else where.

So there, the joke is on me and untold thousands that just did what they were told. But, not so much any more.

All is well with my soul
Be well my family and friends
Chappy
Ps 118:8

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1171 on: March 21, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »

Chappy, started following this thread when I joined this site and have followed all of your updates. Haven't met you but have admired how you have faced the hand dealt you. God bless and continued prayers.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1172 on: March 21, 2013, 07:45:03 AM »

Good to hear from ya Sam, best to Sue too!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1173 on: March 21, 2013, 07:56:41 AM »

Great to read your post this morning Chappy!  So sorry Sue has been dealing with the flare, but you have a way of conveying bad news that always leaves one with a sense of resolve.  I love the mischievous duck story.  Hang tough my VietNam Brother, the snow will melt soon. :sunny:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1174 on: March 21, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

Great read Sam, you and Sue stay warm and hang in there as warm weather is around the corner.

You both do as we all should and count each day as a blessing, have faith in God and know paradise awaits us!   

God bless you both!

Mike

P.S. The duck story was great!

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #1175 on: March 21, 2013, 09:53:21 AM »

Good to read your post. Hope Sue is feeling better. May God bless you and Sue
kb

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #1176 on: March 21, 2013, 10:05:59 AM »

Sam,

You and Sue are in our prayers. 

Thank you for sharing your stories.  You have quite a gift for writing.  I too have followed your thread here since you started it and I'm sure we would have been fast friends if we'd met.  You didn't say what chaos was caused by the ducks, but I imagine quit a stir.  I wish you well.

God bless,
Ken
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1177 on: March 21, 2013, 11:34:11 AM »

So now we know how Micky D came up with their chicken sandwich, it all started with ducks.
Sam as always it is good to hear from you. Give Sue a big hug from me and keep one for yourself.
Love to you both.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1178 on: March 21, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »

Great to hear from you Sam  :2vrolijk_21:  I hope Sue is progressing quickly and is feeling better soon.  I, like you am very tired of this winter wonderland and hope that our riding season is just around the corner and you will be on that shiny trike in the wind very soon  :2vrolijk_21:  As always you and Sue are in our thoughts and prayers my friend.

Marty & Diane

Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1179 on: March 22, 2013, 08:30:39 AM »

You two are an inspiration, we could all learn from your life experience, not to sweat the small stuff, get out and enjoy what you have. Prayers sent for you and Sue.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1180 on: March 22, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »

Hey Sam! Thanks for an update and great laugh with those ducks! :jack: :huepfenlol2: It is my prayer it warms up fast and your able to get in the wind again. Sorry to hear about Sue's setback. Praying for her and you my friend, love ya man, God Bless!

:bananarock:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1181 on: March 24, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »

Great to hear from you Sam.  Love the duck story, my kinda fun.  Hope Sue is felling better, so sorry about her sister.

Love and prayers

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1182 on: March 24, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »

Hello my riding friends,

After reading your replies to the misadventures of my times long past as well as those most recent. I can tell you that although I was right there from the start to total chaos I did duck out before the conclusion. What I did see still leaves me with the question as to who was more frighten and frustrated, the customers, the employees or those ducks that were by the time I left were flying in an almost hover about 3 to 4 feet off the floor. So, (smiling as I remember the sight) the ducks were flapping just about head height of the many unsuspecting folks Only trying to eat. Employees were running trying to catch the freaking out ducks that were doing their best to find the way out. Just about that time I drove out of the Micky D parking lot.

Another thing I read was a part of my earlier post was unintentionally less than clear. The point I made was about the ship WHEC 718 Chase that I called my address for a time, although it is finally list among many other recently listed ships that spent time in the waters of the Nam and handled Agent Orange and Agent Blue and who knows what else. What I wrote could be and and fact was easily understood one way but I did note and would not try to make a false claim. Here is the factual point that I want to make, Although the Chase was there, very lucky for me I was not. I was a part of the new crew deployed on the Chase after she came back to the States. My intended point was the connection of Agent Orange, the Chase and another newly added piece to the puzzle (Thymic Carcinoma Cancer). Only a level of clean can be reached on the cleanest of ships even one returning from Nam. While I was a sailor I did sea some rough and very rough seas. During that time the Chase would rock and roll and sometimes make the most ungodly sounds of banging, cracking and snapping. I'm sure those time would raise the dust that was in the cracks and crannies and other wise unseen. Bottom line I was Honorably Discharged 29 March 1972 as a Vietnam Era Veteran. The VA does not include my service to be one in any way connected to Agent Orange. That being said, I know that far to many Vets of the Chase have died or are living with the nasty cancers connected to Agent Orange including myself. Maybe in another 40 years the VA will change their rating system and include the service of the unnumbered Navy and Coast Guard ships that made up what's know as the Vietnam Blue Water Sailors and maybe those that served on those ships before they could or would be consider clean of those deadly chemicals.

Fortunately I am a 100% PTSC [(permanently & totally, service connected) a Veterans Administration term]. If this wasn't the case I like thousands of Veterans wouldn't be eligible for VA Medical Care. In my case I was never approved for any Medical Insurance at any of the jobs I held during my working career. What's really weird, because I would have been the primary in any medical coverage plan and I was rejected, well, so was my family. So, I find it very strange that the politicians just all of a sudden find a need to deal with and correct the wrongs for any and all the folks with  what's known as preexisting (What Evers). Long boring story would otherwise follow... lol.

I have participated multiple times in the Ride To The Wall DC as well as  many times to The Moving Wall. I also remember those that were sent home and those that came home from Nam with visible and invisible wounds that for every changed their lives. I also every now and then I remember the names and faces of the crew I sailed with and am every time amazed how many are living with or have died from a long list of cancers that not only affected their person but also the persons of their posterity. I am thankful to be alive, but I at times have a very hard time with how very easily my life and death could have been so different. Maybe that's why I except my Diabetes type II and Thymic Carcinoma Cancer the way I do. My brother Bob was a twin tour Brown Water River Rat bow gunner and also has diabetes. Like me he is a very odd fellow.. lol. But he did have Agent Orange dumped on how and Agent Blue dumped in the water he motored on bringing troops and supplies up and wounded down those Nam waters. In the same sense that we look a a picture and think, "yup, he's all in one piece", well, a picture is a thousand and more, but, NO!, my brother Bob is not all in one piece. Much of him remains in Nam and thou I have been to The Wall in DC more times than I can count, my brother Bob still has not been there and after talking to him on the topic many times, he still tells me,  ("I just can't do it!)

God Bless Our Warriors And There Families.
To all the Veterans here, Thank You for your service!
Sam. Aka. Sam
Ps 118:8

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1183 on: March 24, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »

Chappy you QUACK me up ...  :huepfenlol2:

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1184 on: March 24, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »

CHAPPY,
   I too thank all Servicemen and Women for their service,  While you were in Nam I was a young kid that had no idea of the magnitude of that conflict, I wish it had not occurred.
 I hope you get warm weather soon and get out in the wind.

Think of you and Sue often, God bless!
 Mike
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:59:01 PM by MAT »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 99

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.