Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 256509 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #735 on: May 25, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »

Chappy, so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother's close friend.  My heart is heavy for you all.  Just know that you are a true inspiration to me and others that hear from you on a sporatic basis.  I send good wishes your way, my friend.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #736 on: May 25, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »

Sam,

Sorry to hear your friend lost her valiant battle with cancer.  It seems more and more so many wonderful friends leave us behind.  All we can do is hold our heads up high and make them proud to have been part of our extended families.  Our prayers go out to Nancy and those who new and cherished her.

Good luck at the VA today, enjoy your ride and clear your thoughts.

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #737 on: May 25, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »

Sam,
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and fellow cancer fighter. Our prayers go out to her family.
Good to hear the rain is stopping so you can ride to group. Be careful and enjoy the ride.
God bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #738 on: May 25, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »

Hey Sam!

Prayers go out to Jeff and Ryan. Also lifted your brother Dave up that he may be able to help minister to his friend in this time of grief. If Nancy was a women of faith she IS healed now! My buddy at work has cancer in both lungs. He is my age, 53. Try to lift him up to keep him from getting depressed. I find it difficult at times choosing the right words but always end our conversation with these three powerful words, "I Love You". It seems like everyday I find out someone I know has cancer. Then I wonder if they have Jesus. We are all just a heartbeat away from eternity. Live each day as if it's your last. Smile, Laugh and most of all Love. Sam, thanks for sharing with us like you have. You inspire me. My love and prayers go to you and Sue. God Bless!

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #739 on: May 26, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »

Good morning Sam.
  You are most certainly a inspiration to me.I find it amazing that you can be so upbeat on a daily basis and encourage others to do  the same. Some day I hope to shake you're hand and try to thank you for the comfort that you have provided me with.God bless and heal you. kb
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:16:20 AM by kb »
kb

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #740 on: May 26, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »

Good morning Chappy...Sorry to hear the loss of your family friend.  Things just seem to drag down
our spirits.  But then I think of the inspirational people I have met along the way and you are
definitely 1 of them Sam.  Hang on and look up...pray up...and give thanks to the only 1 that
really matters.  From this everything else lines up...AMEN :2vrolijk_21:

Yours in Christ,
BUCKNUT

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #741 on: May 27, 2011, 09:32:19 AM »

Amen.
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #742 on: May 30, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »

Happy Memorial Day Sam & Sue  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #743 on: May 30, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »

Chappy, long time since I've been on and I wanted to say hello to you and Sue and wish a happy memorial day to you both and hope it was a pleasant one for you both.
 I went for a ride today after paying respect to my Father-in-law with my wife at Riverside National Cemetery , saw a lot of vet's today, over all a very nice day.                         Praying for you both, MAT

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #744 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:40 AM »

Howdy Folks,

Wow, can you believe it's June 11th already?  Man O' man, only a week and a half from the first day of summer.  It's been hot and humid with some rumblings thunder and lightening with some heavy rain at times, but, all and all I'm just glad that the winter cold, ice and snow is over.  I've had several short rides and when I can take the heat in my garage I have worked on the bikes.  I finally found a derby cover I like and put it on the '03 Ultra. All these years it's had the 100 year anniversary Gold Key hologram HD trinket theme way to get your money just to toss it in the trinket theme box in the back corner of my garage.  But now, I like my derby cover!! lol.. 

I have done much more in the line of changes on my "97 heritage springer.  I finally fixed the wiring problem that HD should have fixed with an official Call Back years ago.  Anyway, while riding down the road with the passing lamps on, all the lights would go out. After a few moments to minutes the overloaded breaker would cool down enough and the lights would come back on.  I'm not the only heritage springer owner that has this problem and strangely enough, all that have written on this issue have been told by dealers that they have never heard of such a thing.  Now, to the fix; I snipped the power from the headlamp to the passing lamps switch and connected the switch wire to the accessory power wire.  This fixed the problem of the mystery of the lights "maybe" and also allows me to now run my passing lamps even when I turn on my highbeams.  I also ran a power source to supply my Zumo GPS on my handlebar.  This turned out to be a very clean and the wire are well hidden since my left tank was off for the headlamp fix.  While I was at it I ran a ear bud wire and have the connection for that coming out on the tank pouch.  I have a "Y" splitter in the same pouch so Sue has the option to listen to the Zumo MP3 player with 8 GB of tuneage on the SD card.  The whole GPS is on or off the bar in less than a minute and all that remains is the blackball of the RAM mount.  I hoped to have the sidecar painted by now, but it just wasn't to be.  Since it's finally riding season the paint will wait until the next winter.  My plan is to ride to Gettysburg next Thursday for a heritage springer gathering with the sidecar.  I hope to also do a ride to NY for a few days in early July.  I also hope to ride down to Maggie Valley for the CVO gathering in Sept/Oct again this year.  Now, that ride will be on my tuna boat with my barge in tow.  Sue will be on all these rides.  Though these rides are far less than Sue and I have ridden in the past, it's OK with me if I can pull this off this summer.

Well enough dreaming for now, it's off to bed and hopefully I'll have a few ridding miles in my sleep thoughts as well.
I hope all is well with all of you.
Til next time, farewell my friends
Sam/chappy   
Ps 118:8

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #745 on: June 11, 2011, 01:53:28 AM »

Wow Chappy, you been busy, man.  So good to hear from you and that you've doing so well.  I've not been as busy as you, but will have to continue to heal so as to get my scooter fixed and be able to get to MV to see you & Sue.  Ride safe .... spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #746 on: June 11, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »

Chappy, good to hear from you, glad to see you been working on the bikes and getting them ready to roll out to some gatherings.  I hope you and Sue have a great time riding and the weather treats you well.

Happy Fathers day my friend
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #747 on: June 11, 2011, 09:10:45 AM »

Good morning Sam
  All sounds like fun to me. Have a great summer. kb
kb

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #748 on: June 26, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »

Howdy CVO Friends,
I hope all is well with you and yours and that you are having a great 2011 riding season.
I managed to pull together my first of the three planned rides (Gettysburg, PA). I rode solo on this 500 mile plus one way roadtrip a day later than planned. Sue wasn't feeling well enough to go, not all that sure that I was feeling well enough either, but set out anyway. I hit pounding rain with only 17 miles on the trip meter. You've heard the saying that a day of riding your motorcycle in the rain is better than not riding at all? Well, I think there's a strong argument in favor or sleeping in, munching a late breakfast and watching a good movie on TV. Especially when the riding option is about 80 degrees and relative humidity above 80, you know, the weather that causes you to sweat so much under your rain gear that you may as well have just jumped into a brook and got it over with once and for all. On a short ride wet isn't so bad, but with hundreds of miles to go at highway speeds, don't that chill set in down deep to the bones and get the teeth to chattering? But, wet or dry the day still comes to a close and for me that day the close came with me rolling safely into the parking lot of my Motel destination a couple towns east of Gettysburg. I was some ready to check-in and crank the AC and hit the hay.
I woke up at 6:30 and met up with several of the other riders from all over the States and about 25 of us took the MC Battlefield Tour. The Tour Guide, Phil did a great job, no hurrying no rushing, plenty of time for questions. Over all it was a tour well worth it and I would recommend it to one and all. Our group stopped for lunch and a time for visiting one with another, that alone was worth the 500 mile ride. A ride to an H-D dealership and then w met up with two or three other groups for a pig roast, I mean a great pig roast. Live music and more visiting. I called an early evening for myself and headed back to the motel and was soon sound asleep. Sunday I pretty much laid around and tried to catch my breath before the ride home on Monday.
Well, all went well on my ride home until I got a mile before the PA/NY stateline on I-84. As it turned out, 2:30 in the afternoon was not the time or place to be. The two east bound lanes were forming into one lane because of the bridge work just ahead. Anyway, as it happened, a tractor hauling garbage didn't notice the lane switch ahead and also failed to slow. A sad and all to familiar story then unfolded. The truck plowed into a car that then plowed into an SUV that hit another truck that then hit a BMW. During the next several hours of sitting there I saw four Helicopter airlifts and countless emergency vehicles. Once we got moving again I couldn't believe how mangled the cars were. Not sure if anyone died or not, but am very thankful that I was spared from the blindside that can jump up and bite you in the butt at any moment.
I made my way homeward and at one gas stop I decided to give the old girl a treat, some Sunoco 93 octane and got back on the road. About 20 miles later and still on I-84 east bound headed for Hartford, CT where I was going to pick up I-91 north, well, spitting and sputtering like bad gas then, she's dead, I mean 6 feet under dead. Time to drop the jiffy. But, from my experience of roadtrips this problem also can mean bad battery, shorted volt regulator or burnt stater or any combination thereof. Well, you know what's next; check the battery connections, try to start again and that fails, try to figure out where exactally I am and call for help. Triple A towed me to Ellington, CT to the H-D shop and a couple of friends were there waiting for me with a trailer to tow me home. Thanks Kevin and Warren. I got home at 04:00 Tuesday morning. Now that was one long day. Guess it's not to hard to think I caught me some winks before I did much troubleshooting on the bike.
Well, next day, turned out to be just the battery, how lucky can you get, with all that can go wrong, I only had a simple maintenance problem. And go figure, I had a battery on my shelf in the garage. Oh happy days!!
Anyway, one of three is done.  lol

till next time
your friend
Sam   aka   chappy
Ps 118:8

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #749 on: June 26, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »

Chappy,

Glad to hear your out and about, even thought it rained sounds like a great time.  Last time I lost a battery I was lucky, happened in the dealers lot.  Didn't take long to get up and going.  Better that breaking down on Duval Street at 2:00 AM, that is a long story in itself.

Hope Sue gets to feeling better.  Our weather has been extremely hot in Alabama then it rains, then it gets hotter and so on and so on.

Take Care My Friend and enjoy your rides.

Chains/Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 99

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.