Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 256331 times)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #945 on: January 08, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »

Happy Birthday my Freind  :2vrolijk_21: I hope you had a great day and your feeling well.

Marty & Diane
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #946 on: January 22, 2012, 06:31:41 PM »

Sam asked me to post this for him: Written Jan.13

Howdy to all my friends and family in e-mail land,

Sorry it's been so long since I have pecked at the keyboard. LOL Thanks to Howie, I'm now using  my keyboard that just moments ago wouldn't work with bluetooth or on the screen on my new iPad. All better now, other than all the changes I'll have to learn that differ from my PC. So far I like the iPad other than the near collision it almost had with the livingroom wall.

Sue wrote for me several weeks ago because I was just down right sick. About that time I was prescribed a patch for pain management. It was a drug called Fentynl (sp). A couple weeks or so on 25mg, then a couple more weeks I went to 50mg then last I went to 100mg. My Oncology Doctor thinks my sickness was from the patch so I was weaned off the patch and finally after being off the drug for a couple weeks I started feeling a bit better little by little. It seems as though I have a choice to make, pain V vertigo, nausea, vomiting with zero desire to eat. I think I'll go with the pain. After all I still have some pills.

I started eating a little more each day about a week ago and I'm slowly getting my strength back. I'm pretty weak and lost a lot of weight. Somewhere between 35 and 40 lbs loss may sounds like a good thing if you're trying to lose weight but I'd like to gain some with muscle mass as well. I started drinking protein drinks and have been experimenting with flavors and substance. So far I like strawberry and peaches mixed with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream.

My left kidney has been acting up with lots of pain. The Doc thought it was a kidney infection so he put me on an anti-biotic and sent me home. He called me the next day and told me that all the lab test results were back and it didn't show an infection so it was decided that a run of 5 days rather than 10 days on the anti-biotic would help give me a kick start. So tomorrow those pills stop. My Doc thinks the kidney pain might be some stones or maybe the cancer has made a new home there. Far as meds, I have also cut by a third some horse pills that help with my diabetes neuropathy. If all goes well, I can cut another third off each of the next two weeks. That's my plan unless I get the pounding pain back in my feet and hands. Another pill I've been taking for years via the Veterans Hospital "here ya go" regulars, was motrin 800mg. I've been off then now for over a month. If I had my way I'd get off all the drugs, but that's very unlikely.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #947 on: January 22, 2012, 06:33:07 PM »

Cont.
This past Monday I saw my Oncology Doctor. After my regular lab work I waited the usual 2 hours in a small waiting room filled to the brim with 12 or so folks. Some watching the TV on CNN, others reading, some just staring at the wall, others still carrying on a quite conversation with someone that was sitting next to them, but all with the hope the next name called would be theirs. I happen to hear two guys talking about motorcycles, so you can be sure what I was doing. LOL  As I was listening one of the men was called in to see the Doc. So I asked the one remaining if he goes south to get some wind in his face during the winter. Our conversation went on from there. A good conversation at that, it really lifted me up. Then he was called, back to quite anticipation that filled the air and finally I was called to see my Oncologist. 

Sue went into the little examination room and the usual question and answer started right in. I brought him up to speed as best I could, then, even without Sue or even me for that mater, I said to the Doc, "This dying stuff isn't panning out for me very well. So lets get along with the living part of this cancer." I know that I wrote in the past how much I didn't like the nasty side effects from the chemo I was on and that I didn't want it anymore. The Doc was full aware of my strong feeling on this subject too. Anyway, after all the talking about bikes and riding I decided that I wanted to ride again, maybe for another season. I asked the Doc to explain to me the new chemo that I had not had before, the one that he though might help me by lessening the growth of the tumors and also resulting in less pain. So, he did his best to fill me in. I talked for a few minutes seeking lots of info, but to simply say,  I want to ride again. I asked him if I could get a treatment right then and there. He said "NO". My kidney has to be a little better and he wants a ct-scan done before so it could be compared to one done 3 to 4 weeks later. The Doc was surprised as was Sue and even me. But, I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. I'm set to get this new chemo on the 23rd of January. It will be only one day of chemo treatment and then a month will pass before I can have it again, if I have it again.

As you all know, I have been kicking around the idea to sell the better of my two bikes. I have sent out an e-mail in the past a couple of times to some folks that I thought might be interested in my Heritage Springer or might know someone who might want it and I have also mentioned it on the 3 harley forums that I am a member of.
A few folks asked for more details but as you know, times are tough and money is tight. Plus, as it turns out January 2nd (the day I sold her) isn't the usual day to sell a motorcycle. But I must say, I couldn't be happier as to who bought it. My long time friend John. What makes it so cool is I'm as happy as he is. I am really looking forward to riding with him. I sure will miss my heritage springer but the sale of her also has lifted a load off my shoulders.

Last of all, I want to say happy new year to you and thanks to all of you that wished me a happy birthday. My birthday was full of family and friends, some at my home others by e-mail and forum posts and pm's as well as snail-mail and even phone calls. I am truly a blessed man to have so many that care about me. thank you all so much.

I hope this is the best year ever for all of you, lol  and me too.
See you soon
warmest regards
Sam

hogasm

« Reply #948 on: January 22, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »

Howie thank you so much for passing on Sam's words.

Kathy and I are praying for a successful chemo session. We were privileged to ride with you and Sue last fall and look forward to riding with you anytime next year. Any time you and Sue want to come south to the Ocean, our house is open.

Get well soon :2vrolijk_21:

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #949 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:58 PM »

Thanks for the update GH and Sam, Keep up the good spirits and we'll keep the prayers coming for your Chemo on the 23rd and the following month that it goes well.
  Hope all goes well, Mike

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #950 on: January 22, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »

Thanks Howie for passing on Sam's update to us.  I am glad that he has you to help him through some of the difficult  days and we are praying that Sam has  a successful treatment on the 23rd.

Marty & Diane
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #951 on: January 22, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »

God Bless you my sweet brother! Thanks for the update. I will be praying this new chemo helps reduce the tumors and relieves your pain. God willing you will be in the wind this spring! My love to you and Sue! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #952 on: January 22, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »

Hey Sam - from the sound of it, you'll be in top top shape for Maggie Valley! 

Looking forward to riding with you and Sue again.

iPhone using Tapatalk
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #953 on: January 22, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »

Howie thanks for the update, Sam bless you brother, keep the fight alive.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #954 on: January 23, 2012, 10:02:08 AM »

Sam, so good to hear from ya'll with GH's assistance.  I completely understand your frustration with the new gadget, can't live with 'em and can't live w/o 'em.  har.  Great that you were able to sell your springer to a pal....the best way.  You and Sue are in my prayers and hope to see ya down the road later on my friend.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #955 on: January 23, 2012, 10:04:11 AM »

Howie.  Thanks for Sam's update. It was a great way for me to start my day.Sam is always such a upbeat guy,a true inspiration.
kb

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #956 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »

Thanks GH...

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #957 on: January 23, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »

Thanks for the update GH.  Sam and Sue, Praying and Hoping for the best for the both of YOU.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #958 on: January 23, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »

Thanks for keeping us aware..GH. May the new treatment soon put wind in your face, Chappy
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #959 on: January 23, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »

:)
Prayers and phone calls really do work.
Howie, thanks for posting.
Sam and Sue, love you both and looking forward to gettig together this year.
We are ere for both of you.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 99

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 20 queries.