Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249587 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1050 on: May 01, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »

Sam,
Just wondering what you have been eating, because you kave one of those grins on you'r face.
You and Sue enjoy many miles on Midnight Rainbow, it sure looks nice.
Love ya brother.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1051 on: May 01, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »

Nice ride Sam, enjoy it.

Love you brother
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1052 on: May 17, 2012, 12:25:37 AM »

Howdy folks,
Went for another ride today, much smoother. I should know better than to trust the HD shop when they release a bike as ready to go. My rear tires were 12 pounds over (both of them) and my air suspension adjustment was, ready for this, "10 pounds". I brought the air ride up to 45#s and tires to 26 as the owners manual states. And wow what a difference.
I put on a few things, yup, chrome mostly, one add on was a pair of Kury longhorn hi way peg supports I had kicking around Here and there and, the pair of rear pegs that came new with my '97 Heritage Springer. So, for the coolest part is when I have my legs stretched out, I sorta kinda and riding my HS even though I'm on my trike. I also have a pair of original Grampaw Springer seat springs to hang off somewhere yet to be determined.
I got my Veterans plate today (BLK1) and mounted it with the usual chrome trim and chrome bullets. Finally got my shift lever where it should be and to top it off, my mustang rider backrest is in and I'll pick that up tomorrow.
My appointment for the 1k service got bumped to next Monday. that's cutting close for my planned ride to DC for Rolling Thunder, but, the service head said he would have it ready for me. I do have a pup tent! Suppose to be real nice weather right through so Sue and I should enjoy so sunny miles until I drop the trike off.
Well, I guess I bragged long enough. I hope this message finds all of you well and enjoying life.
Till next time
Sam aka chappy
Ps 118:8

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #1053 on: May 17, 2012, 07:29:59 AM »

Howdy folks,
Went for another ride today, much smoother. I should know better than to trust the HD shop when they release a bike as ready to go. My rear tires were 12 pounds over (both of them) and my air suspension adjustment was, ready for this, "10 pounds". I brought the air ride up to 45#s and tires to 26 as the owners manual states. And wow what a difference.
I put on a few things, yup, chrome mostly, one add on was a pair of Kury longhorn hi way peg supports I had kicking around Here and there and, the pair of rear pegs that came new with my '97 Heritage Springer. So, for the coolest part is when I have my legs stretched out, I sorta kinda and riding my HS even though I'm on my trike. I also have a pair of original Grampaw Springer seat springs to hang off somewhere yet to be determined.
I got my Veterans plate today (BLK1) and mounted it with the usual chrome trim and chrome bullets. Finally got my shift lever where it should be and to top it off, my mustang rider backrest is in and I'll pick that up tomorrow.
My appointment for the 1k service got bumped to next Monday. that's cutting close for my planned ride to DC for Rolling Thunder, but, the service head said he would have it ready for me. I do have a pup tent! Suppose to be real nice weather right through so Sue and I should enjoy so sunny miles until I drop the trike off.
Well, I guess I bragged long enough. I hope this message finds all of you well and enjoying life.
Till next time
Sam aka chappy

Chappy enjoy Rolling Thunder in DC.  I went a couple of years ago and it was one of the best trips I ever made.  ::). Ride safe and return with many stories and pictures.
~Judy
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1054 on: May 17, 2012, 08:01:32 AM »

Oh man, Sam, you made my morning with that great post~ I'm sitting here nursing a painful Gouty foot and feeling sorry for myself and get a great post from you and it was like a drug injection, only better.  Ride on brother on your new ride and be safe.  ;D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1055 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »

Great to here from you Sam, send me your address in a PM, I have a sticker for you from Ribfest.

Ride on Brother   :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #1056 on: May 17, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »

Sam,
You made my day. Good to hear you are enioying your toy. Have fun on the Dc trip. Ggive Sue our love and we look forward to seeing you.
God Bless my friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

nashalynn

• -:¦:-
  • Senior CVO Member
  • # 5459

• CVO1: Hers: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: His: 2009 SERG
    • CVO3: Extra? 2001 SERG
« Reply #1057 on: May 17, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »

one add on was a pair of Kury longhorn hi way peg supports I had kicking around Here and there and, the pair of rear pegs that came new with my '97 Heritage Springer. So, for the coolest part is when I have my legs stretched out, I sorta kinda and riding my HS even though I'm on my trike.

I still have my '98 Heritage Springer...you kinda have to have owned one to know that feeling.
Maggie Valley NC (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
Ribfest (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
New River Gorge (2010)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1058 on: May 17, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »

You are right, my Heritage Springer was my all time favorite bike of all. Funny thing, I don't even remember some of the bikes that I have owned.
But, anyway, those pegs are much enjoyed as a keepsake from my HS.
Sam aka chappy

I still have my '98 Heritage Springer...you kinda have to have owned one to know that feeling.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »

What a sweet post Sam! I'm so happy you got out in the wind today! :drink: Sounds like your ready to rock n roll. Enjoy your Rolling Thunder run my friend and of course you and Sue are in my prayers. Love ya brother, God Bless! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

catsnhogs

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2012, 10:58:28 PM »

Keep on "Inspiring" all of us. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1061 on: May 18, 2012, 06:25:02 AM »

Great post Sam  :2vrolijk_21:  I'm happy to see that the new Tri Glide is working out for you  :)  Enjoy a safe ride down to Rolling Thunder  :coolblue:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #1062 on: May 18, 2012, 06:49:03 AM »

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your loved ones .Hang in there  :2vrolijk_21: Better days are ahead.
My favorite color is chrome

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #1063 on: May 20, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »

Hey Sam,
When are you heading down to DC?
Mike

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1064 on: May 20, 2012, 10:59:38 PM »

Hey Sam,
When are you heading down to DC?
Mike
Hi Mike,
Me and Delta are leaving on Thursday, I'm blessed to have a friend like Delta, he's aware of my situation and I know he'll be looking out for me. We have ridden more thousands of miles of roads all over, and I think we're both addicted to getting lost with the GPS set on shortest route. I could go on for hours with stories of where we ended up and how and over what types of roads, including apple orchards and washed out roads that even the locals don't use. A funny getting lost with GPS had us come out of the thick woods on a tote road for farm equipment and entered a farm yard that had a tractor out front of the barn that was for sale. And the farmer appeared to be in the process of actually selling to someone when we popped out of the woods on two Ultras. We rode on by at a very respectful speed and waved. Looked to me that the farmer that knew the road just couldn't believe that we road out where we did. He waved and I must say, his jaw was hanging a bit too.
But, anyway, the plan is to leave on Thursday and get home Monday. That's yet to be lived, and me and Delta are pretty much ready for anything on the road. This is where one of those big yellow smiley faces, extra big size that is. lol lol
Went for a great ride today on the Mohawk Trail (rte 2 west) in Mass. The road repair from the flood is just about done and we had the joy of fresh pavement, so fresh that most hadn't yet had the lines painted. Sue and I are pretty tired and I'm about ready to snore.
I drop the trike off tomorrow for the 1k service, whoops, I went a little over. lol
Take care
Sam
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 99

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.