Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249481 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1110 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »

Sam, Ya'll enjoy your family GTG.
Love Ya'll.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1111 on: September 03, 2012, 08:54:29 AM »

Good Morning Sam  :)  Just thinking about you in prayer again this morning, and hoping all is well with You and Sue.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1112 on: October 05, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »

Howdy CVO HARLEY Family and Friends,

It is with much gratitude I write to you today. Delta, Rocky & Miss Debbie, Tomahawk & Debbie came here to visit and Sue and I really enjoyed the company. MikeyT, HowieGH, CaptGary, JohnTN as well as Mud who called me a couple days back and just as he stated, I am feeling down a bit. I'd really like to say I had it all together, but the simple truth is, I feel like a rung out dishrag. You know, the twisted and dried in place dishrag that even after it is moved it maintains it's deformed shape.

I try to brake loose of this feeling and it seems the more I try the deeper it gets, yup, that old down deep dark and dirty is back. It sucks the wind out of my sails and days, weeks go by at a time. Not sure how long it's been this time around, but I can only blame myself. I stopped taking 6 or 8 different pills a day (cold turkey) and didn't tell my Doc's because I knew they would want me back on them. Yesterday after talking to one of my Doctors, guess what, she told me to go back on at least the happy pill. lol. And wouldn't you know it! One of the pills I stopped was a happy pill. As it turns out, cold turkey isn't the recommended way to stop. Last night I started it up again. Half dose at a time for a week then up to the full dose. O'Boy!!

Two months ago I had a double dose of radiation to my chest from three different angles and that was done Mon - Fri. Thankfully the pain was greatly diminished in my left chest, shoulder and arm that was nearly useless. I had a ct-scan on my chest area done yesterday for an after comparison view. I'm not sure if another radiation zap will be in the works or not, but I see my Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist next week.

As you know I'm not on curative care any more. What I get from the Doc's now is aimed for comfort care (palliative care). That change is just that, a change, but a Big One! lol One thought that keeps banging me side the head is, if I wasn't sitting in the chemo room or on the radiation table or the waiting rooms, that space would be filled by some other poor sap, but most likely that someone would be getting Curative care, not just palliative care like me. I find this part of the mix the hardest to deal with. Next to seeing young kids and all the courage and life I can see in their eyes. I guess another part that is very difficult for me is fact that so many of the other Veterans I've met in the past three years that have been getting treatment during their fight against cancer are now passed away. Sometimes it feels like a twisted way of playing tag you're it. I do know that we all will have our turn at being the one who is "it". But, being terminal changes the rules a bit. Like I have said before many times, "I'm not giving up, or giving in, I'm giving over!". I have handed the control over to God and I can say if I don't interrupt His handling of things, life is much more pleasant.

The last couple months I have felt like a city on the hill under siege being held by a five prong attack. I won't bore you guys with the details of the five sides of these attacks I am battling against. I don't have a death wish, but I am getting tired and would like a rest, a long rest. Well, that's when I get to thinking I need to just stand up, be a man and stop my whining. I have been sleeping more and even sleep has become a juggling act. If I sleep to late in the morning I feel an afternoon nap is out of the question. When I get up earlier in the day an afternoon nap feels so good, but if my nap is to long I end up awake all night. lol

Sue is hanging in there extremely well. She has to help me now in ways that neither of us ever expected. Our rides are more in a cage this summer and less on the two or three wheeled transports. lol Believe it or not, as a result of not snapping back after the long winter this summer like I have the two previous summers, I have been in the wind catching bugs with my teeth this year less than I have in any other year of my past. I have thought about riding my bicycles as a kid and I think I rode more miles peddling my bikes than the low odometer readings I have on the Ultra and Tri-glide combined this year.

Today, is the first day in 5 that hasn't been raining, so, the mold breaks today, Sue and I are going to take a ride. Short or not, but sweet indeed.

Well, so long for now
Be well, Be blessed
Sam aka chappy
Ps 118:8

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1113 on: October 05, 2012, 04:22:15 PM »

Sam,
Thank you for your update. You and Sue are always in our prayers. Enjoy your ride today however long it is.
I still call your cell just to hear you say SAM in your voice mail message. That is the best medicine I ever get. LOL. One day you will fool me and actually answer and I will most likely pass out! Keep the chin up but don't let the nose fill up with rain water.  ;)
God Bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1114 on: October 05, 2012, 06:05:53 PM »

Thank you for the update Sam! Sorry we missed you in Maggie Valley this year. I love reading your words. They are so truthful and inspiring and they make me realize what a special person you truly are.

Rob

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1115 on: October 06, 2012, 12:15:33 AM »

Great to hear from you directly Sam.  Hope you and Sue did manage a short ride.  My prayers are with you both as you seem to be such great examples of our community.  Thank you.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #1116 on: October 06, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

I hope you and your wife really enjoyed your ride Sam!! And after reading your post I am quite sure you did!!  :) Hope ya'll get many many more!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #1117 on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »

Thank you for the update Sam! Sorry we missed you in Maggie Valley this year. I love reading your words. They are so truthful and inspiring and they make me realize what a special person you truly are.

Sam & Sue were there - they were number 1 on the list  :2vrolijk_21:

UPDATES

Folks who may be there:
Screen name_______Name_________# in party

ChappySam & Sue 2
PortholeDuane & ? 1
LtBawbBob & ? 2
MikeyTEEMike & Susie 2
pete_4854Pete 1
PadoPhyllis and Frank  2
HDBRad & RHODA_King  Brad & Val 2

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:20:31 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1118 on: October 06, 2012, 01:38:53 PM »

.....and I missed them....

DJ56

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE (pumpkin)
    • CVO2: 05 FLHTCSE2 (two tone candy red)(2 of them)
    • CVO3: Not CVO; 07 Ultra Classic (black pearl)
« Reply #1119 on: October 06, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »

Good to hear from you Sam.  Thanks for the update. As always you and Sue remain in my prayers.

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1120 on: October 08, 2012, 12:32:47 PM »

Sam,

Great to hear from you, love and prayers to you and Sue.  Hope the rain stopped long enough for a short ride.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1121 on: November 16, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

Hi everyone, this is Susie-Q. Chappy's better half. Ok, ok, so I'm not really his better half but it sure did feel good to write it.

It's been a long haul lately for Sam and I guess me too. Guess I should start where Chappy left off. After his radiation treatments he had to wait a bit and then he had another CT scan to see if the radiation did anything. Well, Praise God we do know it did something because before he got any treatments he couldn't even lift his left arm. Now, he can lift it and no pain where it had been unbearable. The scan showed that the tumors they radiated had indeed gotten smaller. Unfortunately the ones they did not radiate did grow a little more.

He then went back to see the Onc doc and everything is on hold again until he sees the radiation/Onc. He went back to see her and she wants to wait about 2-3 months and then do another CT scan and see where the tumors are at at that time. She doesn't want to use up what can be done to help if the pain/tumors start playing havoc again. He can only get so many treatments.

Chappy went back to see the Onc doc a few weeks ago and to my surprise and the docs, Chappy asked about experimental drug. He has decided to try one since its winter and if the side affects are awful at least he isn't loosing time to hopefully ride the bike. He hasn't started anything yet, it's coming in the mail. Will take the chemo pill daily for 4 weeks then off for 2, then repeat again. The name of the drug is Sutent.

Now for the sad part, Chappy isn't doing well at all. He has been sick for about 3 weeks now, kept quite about it for the most part. He isn't out of bed much, has horrible vertigo that has been going on for these 3 weeks. Can't even imagine that, he is starting some new meds tonight and hopefully they will give him some relief, the current meds haven't done anything for him. I have to say, I am worried about him. It is so hard to see him like this. Please, please pray that The Lord will heal him. I feel like I am loosing my Sam. I am so sorry to say this,but I guess I just feel like you all are family
Love you all, Sue. Sam sends his love to you all and misses everyone of you.
Ps 118:8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #1122 on: November 16, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »

Sad to read this Sue.  Godspeed on any relief from the new meds and to comfort for both you and Sam.  Be safe, care for each other as best you can, know your family is in the thoughts and good wishes of many.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1123 on: November 16, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »

Susie Q and Chappy

Just wanted you to know I lifted you and Sam up to the throne of grace. God has used Sam to touch our hearts in a miraculous way and I asked God to return the favor and reach down from heaven and touch Sam and heal him. Sam is a warrior with a sweet spirit. He has brought great Joy to my heart and spirit when I speak with him. Sam brings glory to our Lord everyday he remains on this earth! I love him and you very much! I pray that God grants you wisdom, peace and an abundance amount His grace to face each day. It is an honor a privilege to pray for you both! Anything else you may need don't hesitate to call. Love you both, God Bless!

JR

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #1124 on: November 16, 2012, 10:03:23 PM »

Sue,
 Sam ,yourself and your Family will be in our daily prayers. Keep your spirits up and know that you have us with you in spirit.

God bless you,  Mike and Sandra
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 99

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 21 queries.