Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249594 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »

Sam,
Looks like you are planing a busy summer.
When you do the four corners ride you would be passing thru The Lowcountry, so keep us posted and plan to stay at
Mikeytee's Bed, Breakfast,Bar, and Grill.
Garage parking, plenty of room, lowest rates in the country ( free ) !  ;D
Susie and I would love to have you visit us.
Plenty to see in the area.
Keep us in mind when you make your plans.
I would enjoy riding with you to your next stop.
Mike
 :drink:
Prayers to you and Sue

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2010, 12:43:33 AM »

Hi family and friends,
I made it through treatment 2 of three, 3rd treatment tomorrow. Going to hang in there for the long haul. I did get an appointment set for March 30 for my next c-scan, that the test that sets the stage for the next plan of attack. At this point a PET-scan still hasn't been set yet, nor has a date for radiation (or not). But I am set up to have more chemo on the the 5th of April for the next cycle of 3 treatments. Those may or may not bee the same as I'm having now, the c-scan will tell that tale.

On a two wheeled note. I'm hoping to get out for a ride this weekend, Yup I'm hoping. It's supposed to be in the 60s. Got to love that for an early spring. I'm hoping I'll have my heritage springer running by than too. I think it might be the gas so I'll drain the tank and put in some nice new gas and change the plugs for good messure. I have a new batt on the shelf so maybe that will get the charge blast and be all set for a ride. I never did get to putting the sidecar on, and now with all what's going on maybe I won't get to it at all.

But, now it's off to bed again, sleep for another couple hours or so. For all of you that are riding, I wish I was right there with you on two wheel. For all of you offering your hospitality, please know, to just be able to put my right hand in your hand to shake and say hello face to face, with my friends will surely be a day on the list of best days lived by this country boy. I can hardly wait. I'll let you know of the route and planned times as soon as I get it together.

your friend
Sam  chappy.
Ps 118:8

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2010, 12:47:30 AM »

Hi family and friends,
I made it through treatment 2 of three, 3rd treatment tomorrow. Going to hang in there for the long haul. I did get an appointment set for March 30 for my next c-scan, that the test that sets the stage for the next plan of attack. At this point a PET-scan still hasn't been set yet, nor has a date for radiation (or not). But I am set up to have more chemo on the the 5th of April for the next cycle of 3 treatments. Those may or may not bee the same as I'm having now, the c-scan will tell that tale.

On a two wheeled note. I'm hoping to get out for a ride this weekend, Yup I'm hoping. It's supposed to be in the 60s. Got to love that for an early spring. I'm hoping I'll have my heritage springer running by than too. I think it might be the gas so I'll drain the tank and put in some nice new gas and change the plugs for good messure. I have a new batt on the shelf so maybe that will get the charge blast and be all set for a ride. I never did get to putting the sidecar on, and now with all what's going on maybe I won't get to it at all.

But, now it's off to bed again, sleep for another couple hours or so. For all of you that are riding, I wish I was right there with you on two wheel. For all of you offering your hospitality, please know, to just be able to put my right hand in your hand to shake and say hello face to face, with my friends will surely be a day on the list of best days lived by this country boy. I can hardly wait. I'll let you know of the route and planned times as soon as I get it together.

your friend
Sam  chappy.

I don't write often in your thread Sam.  After reading it there's usually little left to say and nothing left to add.  The story is all yours.  Only wanted to say good luck with the rides your planning, ride safe, keep strong and get that guy to mow your grass again.  :2vrolijk_21:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2010, 01:02:23 AM »

I don't write often in your thread Sam.  After reading it there's usually little left to say and nothing left to add.  The story is all yours.  Only wanted to say good luck with the rides your planning, ride safe, keep strong and get that guy to mow your grass again.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hi Twolanerider,
That's funny. Looking back that yard care was really a treat and glad I didn't have to do it. Yard care and riding sure is a conflict of interest for sure. But mowing grass won't happen here for at lease 60 days or so. I really expect that I'll have the plow busy a few more times yet. And then the next huddle is the mud season. Wouldn't you know I live on a dirt road. Worse case, I'll trailer the bike down off the hill to some tar road and park at a wal-mart or such and then put some miles on. One thing I love is that spring brings longer days. And let me say thanks to you for reminding me how much I have been blessed. It humbles me to recall.
Thanks friend
chappy
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:05:12 AM by chappy »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »

Chappy,

Enjoy your ride this weekend and ride safe.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2010, 10:45:28 PM »

Yes Chappy ride safe, ride long and enjoy the many miles a head of you.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »

Good evening Sam and Sue,
  Your faith and perseverance bring great joy!  Your updates always cause me to smile and give thanks.

"Do not keep the faith.  Spread it around!"   :)   For your example it should say, "Continue spreading it around!"   :2vrolijk_21:

We continue to lift your names on High, each evening at 9:30PM.

All the best,
Charlie and family
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »

Chappy I'm very happy that you may get to ride. I just wish I was there, and so does a lot of others from here.

Be Safe my Friend,
Chris
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2010, 08:17:07 AM »

Hey Sam, hope all is going well, I just went out for my first long ride of the season, was in the high 60's here. Man nothing clears the head and makes me feel good like getting out the first few times. Of course it going to be a hing in the low 30's on Saturday!!! Get out and ride! Our prayers are with you every day Sam. Good luck with the springer!

Craig

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2010, 09:09:22 PM »

Sam, I was riding home from the local dealership this afternoon. It was only about a fifteen minute ride but about half way home, a thought of you hit me like a ton of bricks. Like so many others have said here before, you have touched us in ways that you will never know. Please know that you, Sue, and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #310 on: March 21, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »

Thanks Hard10,

Today wasn't as good a day that I had hoped for. Maybe a tad better than yesterday, but, it wasn't a day I could ride. Although, I did get som company and had a good feast of spaghetti and meatballs. Latter Delta, a riding buddy stopped by. He was out and about on his bike and stoped in. He lives in the greathe Manchester, NH area and told me it's hard pressed to find any snow. At my house tha snow drifts on the edge of the roads is still quite high. And my back yard has a foot or mor of snow. Yet, cross the couple of big hills on I-89 to The Conn. River valley and it's like a new time zone. But The good news is, "IT"S SPRING!!!" Back to some chills tomorrow.

This chemo just kicks the snot out of me. If it acts the same I should be ill until around the 25th of March. The good news is I'll have a c-scan on the 30th of March. Lots of info will be gleamed from the scan, I hope so anyway. One of my new friends that is going his rounds with chemo has been as sick or maybe even more sick than me. It's sad to see so many people sick from this stuff. He may have his changed as I may as well. The talk was that I may not be able to continue with chemo. Now the radiation is another story all together. Story there is I may never get to start. It's a mixed feeling for me concerening that. On the one hand, I don't like the thought of 5 days a week for 8 weeks, but on the other hand I don't want to give up either.

I'm hoping that if this is my last year to ride, I'll at least be able to put on some great miles and see face to face so many that have made my riding the most worthwhile experience of my relaxed life. Relationships can be the best of the best and if we do it right our memories will be what blesses us and others for much time to come.

Well, , sorry if I got foggy, Just overwhelmed with the dream of a greatest riding season ahaed. At least that's my plan.

I hope all is right with all of you and yours
chappy

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #311 on: March 21, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »

Good morning Sam,
You don't have to apologise to anyone here for sharing your thoughts. We are blessed that you have chosen to share you journey with us.
Keep your chin up and your eyes straight ahead.
I look forward to riding with you this year.
God bless you and yours.
Your friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #312 on: March 21, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »

Hello Sam, just keep thinking of the rides ahead, don't let the other stuff lower your spirits, I know its easy for me to say, its not me getting the treatment.  You are are a strong man with a strong family and friends that all love you and pray everyday for you.  Keep your head up and help us help you with your fight.

God bless you and yours.

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »

Sorry to hear you getting sick for so long Sam. Keep those thoughts of the great riding season ahead and it might help you through the illness from the chemo. Hope you start feeling better soon and can get out and enjoy the spring weather. We keep bouncing from nice warm weather in the 50's and 60's to snow! Just giving us a tease of what's to come. As always, prayers are with you and the family!!

Craig

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »

Chappy, my daily prayers continue your way. God Bless.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 99

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.