Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249493 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #615 on: March 15, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »

Sam,

We are looking forward to the riding season and enjoying the pleasure of your company, would like to meet Sue as well. 

Maybe we can get a group ride up your way.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2011, 03:03:27 AM »

Sam,

We are looking forward to the riding season and enjoying the pleasure of your company, would like to meet Sue as well. 

Maybe we can get a group ride up your way.

Hi Chains,
Wouldn't ya know it, snow tonight. They're say 2-4 inches then sleet, freezing rain. Sue has an appointment for the tooth fixeruper. She's hopeing it wont need a root job. Don't blame her there.
I'm going to try to go the hour plus ride with her, but, I'm not sure if I can pull it off. I'm still pretty sick from the chemo. I had a meal last Thursday after the thrid round of chemo, then I was one sick puppy from then on. Tonight I ate some chicken, smelled and tasted good, but, just isn't sitting good. I will be glad when I can eat again without the fear of getting sick or sicker.

I'm hoping to bring Sue to the Maggie Vallie Gathering this year and stay a bit longer as well. I will plan to stop in on many of the others that I know and maybe my brothers (Florida & Georgia) as well. I'm planning to ride as much as my broken body will let me. I'm off the chemo now for a whaile, now I just got to get it through my system, man, the sooner the better.
I still haven't got my heritage springer home from the HD shop. I was riding last year at this time, but, that was after 4 months of chemo. This time around I've been on chemo 6 months for a total of 10 months out of 14 months. I really need to get in shape, I have no strength it seems. I loose my breath easy and just plain run out of gas. Other than that, I'm up for a ride.LOL I just hope I don't drop my bike, I probably wouldn't be able to pick it up. LOL
Sam
Ps 118:8

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:24 AM »

Should you trip brother, I'll help you up!

JW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2011, 09:47:15 AM »

Hey Sam - Maybe we can get the scoot washed this year in time for the first ride  :huepfenjump3:   :nixweiss:   :P   :huepfenlol2:

Hope you get in the wind soon - let's ride!!!!

Oh btw - check this ride out. It'd be a pleasure to ride with you again!  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=58200.0

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #619 on: March 16, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »

Hi Howie,

Man, I can tell ya that thinking of being in the wind comes alot easier than thinking of eating. Let alone the actual event of filling my chops.
Altough, ribs is a favorite, nothing seems to be a favorite right now. lol

I need a tad more gas in the system to wash a bike, some good old fashion warmth would be a plus too.

Sue and I are planning to attend her family reunion in upper NY this summer, hope to see you on the trail.
chappy

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »

Chappy,

Take care, hope Sue did OK at the tooth Dr.  Hate them root canals ouch!  Hope we can all cross paths this year and enjoy some quality time together.

Watch out for the snow.

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #621 on: March 16, 2011, 11:14:16 PM »

Hi Chains,

Sue actually got off the hook today. Because of the snow fall and freezing rain/sleet her appointment was moved until Monday. She is hopeing that her broken tooth will just need a filling repair, but the Dentist hasn't ruled out a root cannal. The wait til Monday was bittersweet for her because if she had just been able to keep the appointment, it would have been behind her now. I just let her know you are thinking of her and she said to be sure and say thanks!!

chappy

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #622 on: March 17, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »

Hi Howie,

Man, I can tell ya that thinking of being in the wind comes alot easier than thinking of eating. Let alone the actual event of filling my chops.
Altough, ribs is a favorite, nothing seems to be a favorite right now. lol

I need a tad more gas in the system to wash a bike, some good old fashion warmth would be a plus too.

Sue and I are planning to attend her family reunion in upper NY this summer, hope to see you on the trail.
chappy
Careful what you ask for my friend  :huepfenlol2: Hope your feeling better soon and you get some time in the wind real soon. Weather is breaking here ... there is light at the end of the tunnel.

You & Sue are always with us in spirit ... looking forward to our next ride together.

Howie

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #623 on: March 17, 2011, 10:48:43 AM »

Always thinking of you and Sue, if I can get out and ride this weekend I will take you guys with us in my mind.

Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #624 on: March 18, 2011, 08:03:57 PM »

Howdy folks,

Today was a much warmer day with lots of blue and wind. I had planned I would venture out on the road and enjoy my first of the season ride on two, but I had to instead admit I wasn't feeling up for the part, not yet anyway. I am hopeing that although tomorrow will be a lower temp ride, I can dress the part.
I did get out on four by myself today, not much time passed before the confirmation of correct reasoning fully revealed that as much as I prefer two wheels, two pair worked in my favor. I managed to deal better today with food, less nausea and finally the other end was following the spec sheet more closely to proper working order. Finally!! Hopefully it all continues. I am still running on low octane and the day just about whooped me, but it was nice to get out. So I guess today I'm celibrating an a pooped sort of way my first time out since Thursday March 10th (the last day of my three day cycle of chemo). Man, I'm glad it's over, even if it's only temperary.
Funny in a tired way that most will understand, I spent time in the Town Clerk's line waiting to register my two bikes ans a cargo trailer that I tow behind my Ultra on two up long distance road trips. Sue's wheelchair fits in great with about a 2 minute wrenching task. Anyway, I stood in the "time stands still" line for longer than I care, but, not bad since I could have spent the same amount of money anytime after Jan. 1st (my birth month). I did do something that I thought I'd do for years, but today was the day, I changed my four letter Veteran Initial Plate on my 1997 Heritage Springer from ""CHAP" to "HSOA". I did need to register the bikes if I wanted to ride without the risk of getting a ticket for an unregistered vehicle. I was lucky to secure the choice of "HSOA" for my '97 FLSTS Heritage Springer, because I have been a member of the "HSOA" Heritage Springer Owners Association so long my membership number is #250.
I also went to the Post Office also. I didn't have to wait in line there, but by the time I got back into my truck, I was ready for a nap. But, I had a nice supper with Sue (it even smelled and tasted great) and I cooked and right now I'm kicked back in the recliner with the laptop enjoying a chat with folks that bring a spring to my step and a smile to my face. I'll let you know if I pull off a ride tomorrow. I am hopeing so!!

your friend
Sam/chappy
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:21:01 PM by chappy »

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #625 on: March 18, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »

You are an incredible inspiration to many. So glad to hear about your appetite being strong! Get in the wind when you are ready. Thanks for being YOU!!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #626 on: March 18, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »

That was a good read my friend. Congrats on the senses coming back around. Good to hear your feeling a bit better!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #627 on: March 18, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »

Howdy folks,

Today was a much warmer day with lots of blue and wind. I had planned I would venture out on the road and enjoy my first of the season ride on two, but I had to instead admit I wasn't feeling up for the part, not yet anyway. I am hopeing that although tomorrow will be a lower temp ride, I can dress the part.
I did get out on four by myself today, not much time passed before the confirmation of correct reasoning fully revealed that as much as I prefer two wheels, two pair worked in my favor. I managed to deal better today with food, less nausea and finally the other end was following the spec sheet more closely to proper working order. Finally!! Hopefully it all continues. I am still running on low octane and the day just about whooped me, but it was nice to get out. So I guess today I'm celibrating an a pooped sort of way my first time out since Thursday March 10th (the last day of my three day cycle of chemo). Man, I'm glad it's over, even if it's only temperary.
Funny in a tired way that most will understand, I spent time in the Town Clerk's line waiting to register my two bikes ans a cargo trailer that I tow behind my Ultra on two up long distance road trips. Sue's wheelchair fits in great with about a 2 minute wrenching task. Anyway, I stood in the "time stands still" line for longer than I care, but, not bad since I could have spent the same amount of money anytime after Jan. 1st (my birth month). I did do something that I thought I'd do for years, but today was the day, I changed my four letter Veteran Initial Plate on my 1997 Heritage Springer from ""CHAP" to "HSOA". I did need to register the bikes if I wanted to ride without the risk of getting a ticket for an unregistered vehicle. I was lucky to secure the choice of "HSOA" for my '97 FLSTS Heritage Springer, because I have been a member of the "HSOA" Heritage Springer Owners Association so long my membership number is #250.
I also went to the Post Office also. I didn't have to wait in line there, but by the time I got back into my truck, I was ready for a nap. But, I had a nice supper with Sue (it even smelled and tasted great) and I cooked and right now I'm kicked back in the recliner with the laptop enjoying a chat with folks that bring a spring to my step and a smile to my face. I'll let you know if I pull off a ride tomorrow. I am hopeing so!!

your friend
Sam/chappy

Now I know the reason I was blessed w/this day... so good to hear of your day and accomplishments.... Keep on keeping on. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »

Well, maybe a ride today is a bit of a push. Got up to a fresh dusting of snow and 32 on the thermometer. Here it is 5 to 10 and it's gone up a whooping 1 degree. The overcast will keep it cold, the wind is light. Hummmm, still in the deciding mode.
As usual, thanks for all your encourageing words my friends.
Sam/chappy

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #629 on: March 19, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »

Sam It is nice to hear that you are doing things that you enjoying doing, rather than the things you need to do. God bless and have fun. kb
kb
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 99

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.