Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249492 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #630 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »

Part 1 of 2

Howdy,

Another sunny clear and COLD today. I think I'm just going to deal with cabin fever a bit longer. RATS!!
Below is a post to a caring friend that sent me a link yesterday that claims to cure cancer. I get 2 or 3 a week and do read most of them. They don't offend me because I know they were sent with the hope that I'd be able to put this cancer behind me. With that in mind, who could ask for better friends than them. Like I have said many times, I am a blessed man to have so many people that care about me and have stuck with me on this, my most difficult path yet. God Bless You All!!

Hi Friend,
In responce to your link:

Thanks for your effort and time spent on your post. It's alot to chew and requires much reseach as well as (bottom line) "faith" in the ability of strangers to mix things that are naturally unavailable close to my location. I do use some of the things you mention, although I fall far short of useing them all.

The medical appoach that has spear headed my fight against thymic carcinoma cancer and has been a very difficult battle, with many ups and downs. Surgery saved my life in Nov of 2009. I lost 29 pounds of tumors and as much infected tissue as could be removed. I was and am unable to recieve radiation because of the damage the needed levels of radiation would do to the effected organs and or the marginal area of the remaining cancer. New tumors are maybe my biggest concern followed in close second are the stubburn remaining tumors that are still growing and chemotherapy is my weapon of medical choice.

Chemo is not fun, but it has shrunk some tumors, slowed the growth of many tumors and maybe stopped new tumors from growing at all. Unfortunently cancer spreads in three different ways, tissue to tissue, the lymth system and threw the blood system and cancer is spreading in my body in all three ways. What's worse, it spreads on a cellular level that can't even be seen with all the technology and medical machines that man has to offer. By the time the new cancer growth location is actually seen, it's a full blown tumor. Thank God my cancer seems to have remained in my chest cavity.

But, again, medicine offers me surgery, had the one and now I am deemed as inoperable as far any future surgeries. As the sugery has had it's limitations for me so does the chemo. I am off chemo right now, not because I'm in remission, but rather because I have reached a level of toxicity that has killed more healthy cells than my body can survive if chemo was continued. Thymic carcinoma cancer is a cancer that doesn't go into remission. But, my faith in Christ and what He has, is and is going to do, has given me the cause and I am persuaded that He is able to intervien to any degree including a full healing. Now, that's OK with me. However, still know this, if God chooses to do nothing, that's OK too; for more reasons then I could post or share here.

In March of 2010 I was given 6 months to live. At the end of that 6 months and the 7th month, Sept and Oct of 2010 I rode my Ultra 4500 miles and visited as many folks as I could. It was a good choice, riding and being with friends is much better than dieing. Now I am 6 months past that date of experation. I guess I just don't follow directions very well. lol

Thank God my cancer seems to have remained in my chest cavity. But, again, medicine offers me surgery, had the one and now I am deemed as inoperable as far any future surgeries. As the sugery has had it's limitations for me so does the chemo. I am off chemo right now, not because I'm in remission, but rather because I have reached a level of toxicity that has killed more healthy cells than my body can survive if chemo was continued. Thymic carcinoma cancer is a cancer that doesn't go into remission. But, my faith in Christ and what He has, is and is going to do, has given me the cause and I am persuaded that He is able to intervien to any degree including a full healing. Now, that's OK with me. However, still know that if God chooses to do nothing, that's OK too; for more reasons then I could post or share here.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:26:14 AM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #631 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »

Part 2 of 2

In March of 2010 I was given 6 months to live. At the end of that 6 months and the 7th month, Sept and Oct of 2010 I rode my Ultra 4500 miles and visited as many folks as I could. It was a good choice, riding and being with friends is much better than dieing. Now I am 6 months past that date of experation. I guess I just don't follow directions very well. lol

To jump back, (Oct. 2009), I was told if all three battle appoaches, surgery, radiation and chemo went well for me, I might have two years to live. That was told to me in by the oncology department head of one Hospital and confirmed by nearly a dozen other Dr's from the same hospital and many other hospitals as well. I have been unable to have any radiation and don't know if that changes any of the Dr's calculations on my departure. So, right now that leaves me 6 months away from that date of experation. I plan to ignor that date as I did the first date of experation given to me. However, One drilling fact that Sue and I live with ever day is, my cancer is terminal and although I have been able to beat the cancer to the mat a few times, the toll it is taking on me is a slower but very powerful path to the destruction of my body. I am on this slope for the long haul, and hopeing for a slow and long one. Less sickness and weakness would be great and I don't like pain all that much either, but there are Meds for all that and as I need them I will continue to add them to my daily pile O' pills. LOL But I can say, I do know that I'm on that slippery slope to my demise and I will fight as long as I will fight. But the day and hour is just plain unknown at this time.

I try to live one day at a time, but, that is really much harder than I ever realized it would be. I still have many dreams and goals and plans as well as unfinished business that I hope to take a big chunk out of before I check out. I'm glad to be alive and a very big part of my life is riding, and I'm so glad to see that my home 20 is so close to starting my daily good and warm riding conditions and offers so many options for riding loops.
It's only warmed up 3 degrees to a tempid 35 degrees since I checked at 8 am. Maybe I won't make it out for my first ride today, but it will happen and the sooner the better.

sorry for the length of this post and please don't take this post as a complaint but rather a statement that claims "It's OK" even though I know I am on the slope called my life.

Thanks for thinking of me
your friend
Sam/chappy

ps: Today I didn't make it out for a ride. I was just to sick, but, Man 'O man, I heard a harley coming up my dirt road. So, my eyes were glued to the window looking out toward the road to see who was so fortunate to be riding, and on my road even??? What a great surprize, it was my best friend and fellow CVO Forum Member, Delta. Without a doubt, beside my wife who holds first place, Delta claims a close second to who I have riddden the most miles together with. That includes the most miles on one road trip at a time, even the long distance rides of IBA. It was so good to see him and we agreed that many more miles together are officially on the books. Thanks my friend

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:21:04 AM by chappy »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #632 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38:42 AM »

Good to hear from you Chappy.  Thinking of and praying for you often, my friend.  It'll warm up sooner than later now and you'll hear the sound of your own scoots pipes.  :2vrolijk_21: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #633 on: March 21, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »

I guess I should have got out on two wheels when it was much easier to control the ride. LOL
Below is four snapshots out windows in my home.

Spring has sprung
but it ain't begun
much saddle time for me
that thought I hate
but, I'll have to wait
until I ride my H-D

Sam/chappy

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/limozn/workshop/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:13:19 PM by chappy »

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #634 on: March 21, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »

Damn Sam, what is that white stuff in the background. I was told this time of the year that snow was dirty and sometimes yellow!
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #635 on: March 21, 2011, 07:30:19 PM »

sorry Chappy.  Some people really love that stuff, but......this late in the year, it's got to be getting 'old'.  Maybe a really warm front will head your way, you could sure use one about now.  Hang in there.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #636 on: March 21, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »

Damn Sam, what is that white stuff in the background. I was told this time of the year that snow was dirty and sometimes yellow!
Mike
 :drink:

Howdy Mike,

Snow is white as long as the indoor pumbing is working, it's cold out there!  lol
Sam/chappy

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #637 on: March 21, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »

sorry Chappy.  Some people really love that stuff, but......this late in the year, it's got to be getting 'old'.  Maybe a really warm front will head your way, you could sure use one about now.  Hang in there.  :) spyder

winter was fun when I was a kid, now it's pretty once and all the rest of the winter cold and snow just plain hurts.
Must be a getting old thing, my grandkids still love winter. lol

warm is good, hot is better.  lol
Sam/chappy

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #638 on: March 21, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »

Sam. great to see you were acble to endure the DMV lines, they are a complete pain.  I hope your weather clears up soon and you have the strengh to ride for a while.  Watch out for cages as they won't watch for you.

Thinking and praying for you and Sue,

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #639 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »

Hello folks,

This is Sue writing for Sam. I want to let you all know how Sam's Doctor's appt. went today. It certainly wasn't what we exactly thought it was going to be. We got to the VA Hospital around 8:30 this morning and ater waiting awhile and then seeing his oncologist we found out that Sam was down 2 units of blood. His red blood cell count was down and not only that but his kidney and liver function tests came back way too high.

Guess that sure does explain why he has been feeling like crap so much lately. The Doc says it was like Sam stood out in the road and got hit by a "Mac Truck". Guess that chemo isn't just killing his cancer cells but its going after everything in its path as well. Hopefully he will start to feel better in a few days,but it will take some time to really get back on his feet.

We finally got home around 6:00 tonight, what a long day it was. We will keep you updated as to how he is getting along. Thanks for all the love and prayers you all have sent and are sending his way.

Warmest regards,
Sam and Sue
ps can you believe it is snowing again today!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #640 on: April 05, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »

Thanks for the update Sue,  it is a warm feeling that I get inside knowing that with all the challenges that you and Sam are facing you both find it in your hearts to keep us up to speed on Sam's progress.  As allways You, Sam, and all of your family are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #641 on: April 06, 2011, 12:34:39 AM »

Sue,
Thank you for taking time to give us an update. You and Sam are in our prayers daily.
We will always be here for you.
God bless my friends.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #642 on: April 06, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »

Sue,

Thanks for the update, I look for Sam's responses everyday and when I don't see them I figure he is fighting his daily battle and is to tired too sit down and write.  Prayers for you and your family, give Sam a big hug for me.

God Bless you all.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:45:47 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

schmoopy

« Reply #643 on: April 06, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

Sue,  Thank you for keeping us posted. I know your time is precious. Make sure you take care of yourself. I think of you guys often and always keep positive thoughts going your way. All my love and support to you both!

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #644 on: April 13, 2011, 06:14:27 PM »

Howdy Folks,

Sorry it's been such a long time since my last update. My last day of the three days of chemo ending on March 10Th seems like such a long time ago but also seems like it was just last week. It amazes me how easily I loose track of time when I have such a hard time falling asleep and waking up at a regular time and find myself finally falling asleep in the wee hours of the morning and sleeping well into the day. Although I can't say that this has become my normal sleeping habits because on the days when Sue or I have an appointment of we need to run one of the many errands that normal life throws in our path.

Sue is just now coming out of a MS flare up. She chose to not get the 3-5 days of IV steroids that usually will get her back on her feet within a few days. So she will reach her peek of well being at a much slower pace. So we both are moping along at a turtles pace, maybe the weather has something to do with it. LOL  The snow is finally disappearing at a very noticeable rate. The streams and rivers are running high and mud season is upon us. It's raining lately nearly every day and although the roads are clear of all the sand and salt that winter has left behind. The town I live in has done a great job at keeping the ruts at a minimum on the dirt road that leads to my home. The skiing has ended on Mt Sunapee even though there is still lots of snow on the mountain. Sunapee Lake has pretty much seen the end of ice fishing and nearly all the bob houses are off the ice, yet plenty of ice still remains. The day so affectionately called "Ice Out" is aways off yet, and getting the boats water ready is still far off also. Only in the past week or so have Robins been readily seen bobbing along the muddy wet green areas that snow has been retreating from more and more each day.

I don't have a future date to start chemo again but I am scheduled for a ct-scan in May. The ct-scan results will help to set a plan of attack to continue the fight against my thymic carcinoma cancer. It's now been just over 4 weeks since my last chemo treatment and I just can't seem to bounce back this time around. My energy level is just about a zero and my arms and legs feel rubbery like I'm on a rebound of a heavy workout at the gym. I had an Oncology check up appointment on April 5Th and after the usual examination and blood tests it was decided that I needed to get two pints of blood. The plan was it would help snap me out of the decline and tail spin that I was in since the last three chemo treatments in early March. I'd like to believe that the blood helped me but I really don't know one way or the other. Every day that I get up I have plans to get something, anything done but in no time at all I realize how bushed I am and the next thing I know the sun is going down. Not much later in the day and I'm looking forward to falling asleep and can't seem to find it. When I feel as though I'm waking up I find myself thinking that I'd rather sleep longer and sleeping for several days sounds like a deal I'd buy into.

I feel like a babbled long enough and chewed your ear long enough so I'll say so long for now.

Sam/chappy
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 99

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.