Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249591 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #645 on: April 13, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »

So great to hear from you all Sam.  Sorry that Sue's been dealing with the MS flare.  But, just so glad to hear from you both.  Hang tough & we'll send prayers your way, my friend.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #646 on: April 13, 2011, 10:29:15 PM »

Like spyder said, it's good to hear from you. I know about the rutted road as I live on a non-paved one as well. The price we pay for not being crammed into a 300 house subdivision! The ice and snow will melt and the rain will stop. Riding season is just around the corner for you guys. As always you and Sue are in our thoughts and prayers and we look forward to hooking up with you this year.
Give Sue a big hug from us.  ;)
God Bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #647 on: April 13, 2011, 10:54:48 PM »

So great to hear from you all Sam.  Sorry that Sue's been dealing with the MS flare.  But, just so glad to hear from you both.  Hang tough & we'll send prayers your way, my friend.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
X3 Sam, glad to see you on the site, man I feel like I have known you since I was a child. Looking forward to seeing you this year, hope Sue is well enough to ride too.

Take care my brother, thinking and praying for you guys everyday.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »

Hey Sam! Just prayed for you and Sue. Sorry to hear your not feeling up to par. Hopefully that blood will kick in. Take care, love ya man!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #649 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »

Sam,

HAPPY EASTER to you, Sue and the rest of your family.  Hope you are up to an egg hunt and yours is made of gold.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:33:16 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #650 on: April 29, 2011, 02:26:09 AM »

Hello my friends,

I hope this post finds all of you safe and well.
I hope you were spared from the terrible destruction that so many of our states experienced yesterday.
Sometimes it's just plain hard to imagine let alone understand how quickly what is regular and normal can change in a moment.
So many lost their lives and so many still missing. My thoughts and prayers go out to each of the families that were forever changed as a result of the rescent weather.

I wanted write today and now it's night and already tomorrow. It amazes me how fast a week goes by. I have an appointment Tuesday with my Oncologist. A usual type check up. We'll talk about all the med's I take, I'll have blood work, a physical once over and a CT-scan. I'll have to wait a day or two to get the results of the CT-scan and I have to admit there is a certain amount of anxiety to battle with each CT-scan. Last March 10th I ended my second regime of chemo because I had reached my level of toxicity. My cancer was still growing at that time and the larger tumors were in my lungs. It's a challange to not think about poor results from the tests next week. I'm not sure how my blood tests will come out. Might be OK, or low white blood cell count or low red blood cell count. I might need a blood transfussion or end up in the Hospital for a spell. I'm hoping not, but, I haven't felt all that good and it seems to me that I'm getting weaker day the day. I don't ever remember being this weak before. Sue give me good meals and I have been eating but really don't feel like it. I've gained some weight and I have a little gut action going on too.

Yesterday (Thursday) I went to Granite State H-D and removed my heritage springer from winter storage. I had them disassemble my springer fork and send my rigid fork to Liberty Sidecar to have a 5 degree rate for better stability on the frontend with the sidecar I have on it. Well Granite State H-D really screwed up the job and my frontend. So, long story shorter, I didn't want them to do any more damage. They said they'd fix it, however, they still didn't have the tools needed. HOG membership let me down so I had AAA come and tow my bike home. And she is now home and I plan to undo the mess that has been done to my bike. To add insult to injury, the dealship did this normally 4 to 6 hour job so poorly that it has to be redone in it's entirety and chared me 15.79 hours to do it. At their shop rate of $85.00 per hour it comes to $1,300.00 plus. I was steaming to say the least.

When the tow truck flatbed showed up, I helped as much as I could and when my bike and sidecar was strapped down and ready for the ride home. I put the heal of right hand on the edge of the flatbed deck and hopped off with the plan that I'd land on my two feet like I've done in the past. Well, something that hasn't fully sunk in yet is the fact that I'm just not the man I use to be. I'm very much weaker than I ever remember, so when my feet hit the pavement my legs just folded like rubber. I went down so hard, I sware I heard Walt Disney music playing. I was so quick it reminded me of my childhood ice skateing attempts that far exceeded my ability. Bang, down I went. My butt, back and head all hit with the force that knocked the snot out of me, Really, I had snot coming out of my nose. The driver helped me up and I needed the help too. I was raining here so I was soaked to the bone on my back side. It really hurt but I'm not sure if I was more embarassed at that time than hurt. But here it is 2:15 am 14 hours after the fall and I still hurt. I really don't like to take pain meds and I do have some powerful ones at that, but, I didn't have to be pushed to hard by Sue to pop some dalaudid (sp). I think I'm not hurting as much as I would without them.

Sunday is the event called The Keene Swap Meet. It's a sort of spring kick off and attracts thpousands of bikers in the New England area. It's a great place to see friends that are to far away to see often. I hope to go, but, I'm not sure I could walk around the Cheshire County Fair Grounds. Tomorrow I would like to attend a 40th for a couple that are friends that have been dealing with health issues too. I hope ASue and I make it there.

I am so looking forward to riding this year, I hope it starts soon.

Well enough for now my friends
Sam/chappy

Ps 118:8

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #651 on: April 29, 2011, 05:01:12 AM »

Sam,
Good luck with your doctors appointment and scan Tuesday!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #652 on: April 29, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »

Good to hear from you Sam, wondering how you were doing.  :2vrolijk_21:

Craig

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #653 on: April 29, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »

Sam,
Good luck with your doctors appointment and scan Tuesday!
 :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #654 on: April 29, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »

Sam, good to hear from you.  :) Wish you the best with the up-coming Dr's. appt. & all.  And sorry 'bout the 'accident'....(but at my age, I can relate to doing stupid stuff that was a piece of cake a few years back).  :-[ har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #655 on: April 29, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »

You are a inspiration to us all Sam! Hang in there ok.  :2vrolijk_21:
             Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #656 on: April 29, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »

Faster than a speeding bullet  :rifle:... (not) able to leap from tall tow trucks in a single bound  :huepfenpinkie:...  going to do really well at his Dr. appointments next week  :1112:...   IT'S SUPER SAM   :bananarock: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:  Good luck and Keep the Faith My Friend  :)  Our prayers are with You and Sue

Marty & Diane
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

SEURG

• Senior CVO Member
  • Deals Gap

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #657 on: April 29, 2011, 09:27:57 PM »

You are a inspiration to us all Sam! Hang in there ok.  :2vrolijk_21:
             Dave

X2.  :stars: :furious2:

Our prayers are with you, god bless! :ons_4:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #658 on: April 30, 2011, 01:49:33 PM »

Faster than a speeding bullet  :rifle:... (not) able to leap from tall tow trucks in a single bound  :huepfenpinkie:...  going to do really well at his Dr. appointments next week  :1112:...   IT'S SUPER SAM   :bananarock: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:  Good luck and Keep the Faith My Friend  :)  Our prayers are with You and Sue

Marty & Diane

Now that's funny!!!!
Maybe I ought to check to see if the Kryptonite lock I keep on my bike is red or green???
Thanks guys for your continued encouragement
Sam/chappy
Ps 118:8

Wolfy6

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #659 on: April 30, 2011, 02:45:38 PM »

Keep your head up and your family close. When things get tough think about the ride and smile. Godbless.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 99

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.