Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249488 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #765 on: July 07, 2011, 07:20:59 AM »

Thanks for the update Chappy.  I'm pulling for ya hard man, praying for you and Sue both.  You got more energy than I can imagine to be going thru all this and still finding the grit to put the boat in and take the scooter out for a putt with Sue.  Thank you for being the great inspiration to us all.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #766 on: July 07, 2011, 08:09:43 AM »

Hey Sam! :drink:

As usual it was great to read what's going on. Now, what you and Sue are going through is not great, it is the way you tell us about it. When I read your words it reflects the sweetness of your heart, and that blesses us all! Debbie and I will continue to lift you and Sue up in prayer. I want to to tell you again how blessed I was to speak with you and Sue. God has used you in a mighty way. You have touched the hearts of so many of us, may God touch yours. May his grace, love and mercy be poured on on you and Sue! Love ya man, God Bless!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #767 on: July 07, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »

Sam,

Good to hear from you again.  Did you run into Natasha for Granite State, she spent the weekend up there at the same lake.

It does my heart good to hear you are getting to do things but also brings a slight tinge of pain to me as well when I read about the daily events for you and Sue.  We pray for you every day and night and are looking forward to the day your write remission on the top of your post.

Take care my friend and enjoy your family and friends.

Hope to see you soon.

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #768 on: July 07, 2011, 12:32:37 PM »

Sam,
It's always good to hear from you. I pray and hope that I also will read REMISSION at the top of your post.
Until then we will continue to lift you and Sue in our prayers, and after as well.
God Bless My Friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #769 on: July 07, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »

Hello Chappy and Sue ... Great to hear from you and yours.  Sounds like you had a great trip to Gettysburg.
Vicki and I continue to Pray for you and Sue daily.  Cant wait to hear some great news on your ongoing
issues.  Hope you have a Blessed season because it sure is time for the both of YOU. Take care and
give care.  Its always a great day when we hear from you Sam.

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #770 on: July 07, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »

Thanks for the update Chappy.  I'm pulling for ya hard man, praying for you and Sue both.  You got more energy than I can imagine to be going thru all this and still finding the grit to put the boat in and take the scooter out for a putt with Sue.  Thank you for being the great inspiration to us all.  spyder

X2

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #771 on: July 23, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »

Sam,
Just sitting here watching the Nashville Nationwide race and thought of you and Sue. Hope today as a good one for both of you. Anyway just wanted to say hey and let you know Maggie Valley is just fast approaching. Looking forward to seeing you and Sue there.
God Bless my friend,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #772 on: August 06, 2011, 01:06:26 AM »

Chappy and Sue,  we are praying and waiting for some current news ( update ) from you! Hope all is going all right!   MAT

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #773 on: August 06, 2011, 12:16:26 PM »

Chappy and Sue,  we are praying and waiting for some current news ( update ) from you! Hope all is going all right!   MAT
X 2 my friend
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #774 on: August 06, 2011, 12:51:46 PM »

Sam,
I talked to GH yesterday.
Our thoughts and prayers to you and Sue.
Mike

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #775 on: August 08, 2011, 12:54:11 AM »

Sam,
I talked to GH yesterday.
Our thoughts and prayers to you and Sue.
Mike

Hello Mike,
I talked to GH a few days back. Talking to him is always a good time, just as it is with you ad so many others here at home on CVO.
Sorry I haven't written much lately. To tell you the truth, it's been a little hard for me to write. I really enjoy writing even when the story line isn't always great news. I like to see the humor in even the sadder and even sometimes even bad news. Seems we all take our turns having less than great news. It only talks a moment to step in an undetected dog mess, than BANG, the nose that had just been hanging in there is struck with the reality of, "somebody stepped in a dog mess". I know that smell and always first hope it wasn't me that stepped on the landmine of stink. I even try to check my boots without to many people seeing me sneak that downward peek. Again, the truth is, what only takes a moment to detect can sometimes literally take a lifetime it undue the mess with stink that one stands in. lol
Seems I've stepped into the doggie path. You know the one. I'm sure you too have had your day or two in doggie do. lol
Man, it's that saying of misfortune that echoes, "I hate when that happens".

Anyway, I finally had another oncology appointment and, still to sick for any chemo treatments and not sure that chemo is even in the cards for me. The problem is my creatin (sp) number is still not good. Seems the Doc is worried about my kidney and liver. All I know is I'm not yellow and when I got to go, well, man O' man, I really got to go. I had a chest X-ray and hope to hear what's up with that early this week. I'm told that I'll have another c-t scan August 2 I think and followed with another oncology visit.

One of our members, Delta paid me a visit last Thusday morning. I was as good as always to see him. Later that same day my brother from Florida came north for a visit too. He stayed with Sue and I for 4 days. It was good to see him too. I haven't seen him since the weekend after Maggie Valley gathering last year. Man, time flies. My brother is now on the coast visiting family over there before he heads back to the sunshine state. He clocked it at 1553 mile from his door to mine. He's old school, so it was all by using a map. Hearing the story of his ride hear helps me to be even more glad I have a GPS. I have come to count on my GPS maybe to much though. When I broke down last time, I didn't even know where I was on the old paper map. I had to walk to the next exit off the Conn Pike just to get my locale. Come to think of it, I hate when that happens too! lol

I just sold my '05 GMC diesel 2500 HD pickup and plow to my oil/gas man. It only had 56K miles that turns out to be a little over 2000 hours of use. Time to clear the yard a little. To my surprise, my next door neighbor bought my boat. I didn't even mention the truck or boat but to only those two guys. What a relief, I didn't even have to deal with running ads in the paper. When I get going tomorrow, I'll get the titles taken care of. To bad nether one of them wanted to buy my heritage springer with the sidecar. I decided it's time to clear out a few trailers as well. Can you believe I have 5 trailers counting the boat trailer? Sue won't know what to do when there'll be room in the garage to actually park the van inside. lol

Well, my friends, it's been a very exciting last couple weeks or so I'm ready to close my eyes and get a rest from it all. I'm hoping for some real sleep. I've been getting by on a couple hours at a time, but I really like the deep REM sleep.

I hope the best for you and yours.
I'm still thinking and hoping to be in Maggie Valley again this year. I also hope to bring Sue along. I really want her to see the Blueridge foliage I saw on my homeward leg of last years southland loop.
I miss you guys

your friend
Sam    
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:04:16 AM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #776 on: August 08, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »

Sam,

Sorry to hear you have stepped in poo my brother, it seems life deals from the bottom of the deck at times when you most need it from the top.  There isn't a day goes by that we don't think of you and Sue as well as Cigarmike and Miker.  Seems the prayer list is growing faster than the economy these days.

Glad you can finally see your yard in spots, has to make parking a little easier too.  If there is anything you need or I can do for you please let me know, don't let the miles between us  stop you from asking, we are here for you.

I hope you get some good rest and are able to get back in the wind soon.

Your Friend

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #777 on: August 08, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »

Sam,
Thanks for the update. You and Sue are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Mike

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #778 on: August 08, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »

Sam,

I hope you get to make it to MV this year too! This will be my wife and I's first MV trip. We would love to meet you and Sue in person. Praying for you my brother.  :2vrolijk_21:

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #779 on: August 09, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »

As always, I can't say thanks enough for all the thoughts and prayers. I know that your prayers are not going unanswered.
The fact that I and others of our cvo family are still kicking proves that.
I plan to make it to MV and am counting on seeing and having followship with so many that care far beyond that which most could understand and Sue and I thank you all so much.

Man, sometimes I am amazed how fast time flies. My last post I wrote that I will have another c-t scan around August 2 and what I meant to say was September 2. Hard to believe it's already Aug 9th.

Talk again soon
your friend
Sam
Ps 118:8
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 99

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.