Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249475 times)

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #855 on: September 11, 2011, 12:24:04 AM »

Sam,
    I truly admire you and your will power, while reading your trip report I was amazed at what you and Sue had to go through with all the weather,etc..., Just my two cents, but I think you should do everything you possible can and I will pray for great weather to make things a little easier for you.
 I will remember you and your fight the rest of my life. Know that I will continue to pray for you and yours.

God bless you Sam,  Mike

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #856 on: September 11, 2011, 07:44:40 AM »

Thanks for the update Sam.  Not what we want to hear, but we're pulling for you.  Prayers sent your way.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #857 on: September 11, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »

Sam, I know your Faith has carried you this far and will continue to cover you and Sue in the days ahead. I prayed that God continues to wrap His loving arms around you and your entire family. You have touched my life and I praise God for allowing our paths to cross. Know that you are loved and there is no greater love than God's love! I know you have inspired many on this site and I'm sure anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting you or talk with you. We are all uniquely different and when God made you He threw something extra special in. You are a Blessed man and I think you know what I'm talking about! This morning as I read this thread the lord brought Psalm 103 to my heart.

NKJV Psalm 103

1 A Psalm of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. 6 The Lord executes righteousness And justice for all who are oppressed. 7 He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel. 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. 9 He will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever. 10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. 11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him. 14 For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. 15 As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. 16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone, And its place remembers it no more.  17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting On those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children's children, 18 To such as keep His covenant, And to those who remember His commandments to do them. 19 The Lord has established His throne in heaven, And His kingdom rules over all. 20 Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word. 21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts, You ministers of His, who do His pleasure. 22 Bless the Lord, all His works, In all places of His dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul!

Love you man! God Be With You... ALWAYS!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #858 on: September 11, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »

Sam,

Thanks for the update, do what you feel is best for you, I know I would.  Glad you and Sue were not made into road kill by the Hummer, could have been a terrible accident.  All I can say is the prayers continue brother.

God Bless you and your family

Jim
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #859 on: September 11, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »

Hi to all that have posted and contected me Thanks for all your continues support, thoughts and prayers.
They mean so much to me, that words just can't touch the level of strength and the benefit I recieve from you efforts. Thanks again!!

I like the 103rd chapter and especially the the 12th Vs "12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us"
What's so cool, we're taught that the population had thought the world to have been flat back then, however, it wasn't scripture that taught that falsehood. Now think about this, if the scripture had said, "As far as the north is from the south" it would have a a terrible short coming as we can easily prove with a photo of our blue planet from space. If you travel north at an exact point in your travel without a change in your course you will start a new heading of south. North and south have an end, a defined limit, but "As far is east is from the west" doesn't have a limit. If you head west on earth you can go west for all eternity and never reach it's end. If mere man had reasoned the writting of this Psalm the reference to opposeing directions would have had no real meaning, especially if the thought was that if you go far enough you'd fall off the world. lol That kind of endless forgiveness is good news, the best of news for me, you and whomsoever. Thanks for the reminder!

Have a great day my friends
and thanks again to all for your continued support
your friend
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:13:14 PM by chappy »
Ps 118:8

cuzen

• 2000FLTRSEI

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #860 on: September 11, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »

Sam,
I'm so sorry to hear that a fellow Vet is down. My prayers are with you and your family.
Cuz

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #861 on: September 14, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »

Hi Sam      Your faith and attitude toward life never ceases to amaze me.  I am reminded of The Book of Job when I think about what you have endured to this point and forsee many great things in your future.  I am so pleased that we will get an opportunity to meet again soon in MV and look forward to meeting Sue as well.  As allways we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Marty & Diane
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #862 on: September 16, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »

Hi Marty, and all,

LOL, I fall far short of any chance to be maessured with Job, but I do get strength for reading that and many other parts of scripture. Job sure was a cut above the rest. I have run into some friends (not) that expressed the same type of negitive notions. I just let them go, although some are easier to let go than others. LOL  What's really hard for me is the deaths of folks that have become my shipmates on this cruze to distruction. Just lost 2 more, Jill, last week and David this past Tuesday. It was clear that Jill was very sick, but I can say that David to me looked to be in the fight for a while. However, that's not how it folded out.

Last year I had a very had day trying to sory out why her and not me. A friend with cancer named Linda had cancer, we both ended up in the hospital at the same time, different hospitals but we kept up on each others reports and wished each other wishes of wellness often. This hospital visit was so different, I went home after a week of so and Linda died during the same time frame. Life is short, you've got to grab it with both hand and hang on, because Life is really not a friend and certainly not our best friend, life will leave you high and dry in many cases without even a moments notice. So hold on tight my friends as tight as you can and your chances maybe get better, but my hopes for all of you are that you live long and proper and one day you can finally sit in a rocking chair on a porch and see and hear the harley ride by and by doing so your head will be re-filled with all the wonder expiriences you have had on two wheels.

And as usual it is great to hear from you Marty and so many of the other and we too are looking forward to the time we will all have to be together once again at Maggie Valley and the beautiful surrounding area. I am excited to have Sue meet you all. She will then know why I brag about the friends I have made here with CVO at the purpose, but it is the excitement of the road on two wheels that bring us together and the open heart and willingness that we all share especially for the like minded folks. We all have been raised and grew up with close folks around and some are very close still, but it is some kink of special gift that we were born in a time where we could meet folks from all over. What a blessing and now we are comeing together again to get the reward that comes only to the truest of friends.

I can't wait to see to again my friends and I can't wait to have my wife to meet you ya'll.
And as stated above, I am looking forward to showing in living color the beuty of the Blueridge Mountains.
I hope this special ride south, for sights, sounds, smells of all the people and the beuty of the Mountains (LOL)  I hope it all eches a memory in her heart and mind as it does for me. I'm telling you sometimes I could sware that this runs through my viens. It would be a very wealthy person that could put it in an IV bag to give instead of chemo. My bet, it would bring a smile and a happy heart and probably the cancer would have no room left in the host. Come to think of it I hate being reffered to as the Host. That's just wrong.
anyway, see you all soon. We'll
pull anchor here Sat morn with temps around the low 40's and meet up with some along the way (PA and VA) and plan to explore the many choices of roads for the slow ride and all pull into MV on Wednesday sometime.
till then
Have a safe and enjoyable ride to MV too
your friend
Sam

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #863 on: September 16, 2011, 12:17:30 PM »

Sam,
Ya'll take special care on the road down to Maggie Valley, hear!
Don't run off and leave GH and Rocky in your dust. Susie and I are heading out Wednesday morning and will see ya'll that afternoon when you get there.
Happy Trails and God Bless my Friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #864 on: September 16, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »

Sam,
Ya'll take special care on the road down to Maggie Valley, hear!
Don't run off and leave GH and Rocky in your dust. Susie and I are heading out Wednesday morning and will see ya'll that afternoon when you get there.
Happy Trails and God Bless my Friend,
Mike

Hi Mike,
we're off in the morning for a slow ride to MV.
See on Wednesday my friend
Sam

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #865 on: September 28, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »

Howdy Folks,
It's been a great re-trip! Nothing like a flashback  lol  We have riden many of the same roads that we had just got home fromm just 3 weeks aga or so.  lol  I have a bad case of roadtrip brain melt. But I like it like that!!
I just tried to get a "HOG member on the road" quick oil change at the Savannah H-D, but not today. I can't hand around for two weeks, so a friend just north of the border in SC is going to let me use his bike lift and do the change there. Like I say over and over, I am a blessed man.

I got to see my brother for pizza last night and met up with my sister for breakfast this morning. Sue and I are now waiting for the dirty stinking threads that are in the dry cycle of a more refreshed look feel and smell. lol  Yesterday we hit rain, heavy rain, I mean heavy heavy rain. In places on I 75 and I 16 there was more than 3 inches of standing water. The fun started when we hit it, yahooooo. We'd get out of it just to get rigth back into it. Thunder and lightening was on the menu too. So all that rain talk to say, that's whee most of the smelly chothes came from. The choice was rain and chill to the bone or rain gear and stink to high heaven. Stink won, I mean stink won big time.

So much to say, but brain melt will be the main course till we get home and sort out the latest and greatest newest memories of this roadtrip. I wish it could be longer, but, the things to do and places to be list all have the home 20 attached to them. I'm looking forward to home cooked meals and seeing the grandboys and of course my boxer Radar.

I regret not seeing so many of my friends and hope to on the next go round. And we're so glad we were able to see so many of are friends and even meet new friends. One of the coolest things about our biking life style and willingness to be part of our cyber riding group is finally putting a hand shake or a hug to the person in person that has been such wonderful friends that seen to know when to send an encourageing word to me right at the perfect time. Angain goes out my warmest and most sincere heart felt thanks to the best friends a man could ever hope for.

be well my friends
your friend
Sam  aka  chappy  and Sue  aka  Miss Daisy

ps  the old tuna boat turns 100K on the OD by the time we get home (another check mark on the bucket list) now I'm working on OD to read 150K

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

« Reply #866 on: September 28, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »

That all sounds great Sam, so glad you and Sue are out on road so much lately, with winter and cold right around your corner you will be content you did also.
 Make it a safe trip the rest of the way and give us a good report.

Till then, God bless you 2,  Mike

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #867 on: September 28, 2011, 02:01:17 PM »

Ride safe on the return trip, Chappy.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #868 on: September 28, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »

Sam called a little while ago. They are fine and starting the homeward leg in the morning.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

« Reply #869 on: September 28, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »

Sam called a little while ago. They are fine and starting the homeward leg in the morning.
Mike

Thanks Mike    :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 99

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.