Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 249504 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #885 on: October 24, 2011, 04:49:05 PM »

Good Morning Sam  :)  I am just getting ready for work and was checking the site, My thoughts turned to you once again and more prayers are sent your way.  We haven't heard much from you since your wonderful road trip and I am hoping that is because you are just relaxing and enjoying the memory of the ride. 

In our thoughts and Prayers as always

Marty & Diane 
  X2 Jim & Terri
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #886 on: October 24, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »

Thanks Marty, Diane, Jim and Terri,

Yup sorry, I've been a little on the silent side lately.

We got home and your right, we just got into the relaxing and remembering the highlights and the not so highlights of the back to back roadtrip that, honestly, I didn't think I could do it. But, here we are now nearing the end of October. It's a burr and an half already, the leaves are nearly all on the ground now. I plan to do one more ride the mower over theleaves before my craftsman ride-on mower transforms into a snowthrower. I really don't look foward to the snow but, that's what I have to expect in NH from late October to early May with December to March being the coldest and most snowy months of the bunch.

I've had a very hard time getting back into the routine of the Veterans Hospital visits. A new Doc I've been seeing now is a foot Doctor (podiatrist) to care for my two big toes. It seems that I can't reach my feet as good as I used to. lol  no joke, lol. So as it turns out this poor young lady has to grab my feet, one at at time and dig out the ingrown toenails. I used to do it when needed, but, like I said, I can't reach my feet any more. But my failing eyesight must have something to do with the loss of my toenail snipping skills. The old diabetes makes me a High Risk Foot Patient. Can you believe that, with all I can have go to a high risk, it's my big toes. Anyway, I told her I never use a shot of lidicain, so as she held my foot, I told her again, I don't need no stinking lidicain. WOW!! Maybe I'll have a shot or two next time. As she dug into my toe I think I felt that tool bump a few of my teeth. Man, did that hurt. I believe I'm more gentle with me then her. LOL

The cancer survivor group that I went to is over for me. I'd rather be with folks that enjoy the open roads and refer to twisties as threapy than a bunch of men that seem content with the meet and greet introduction that goes clockwise around the table in the same order that it did the week before. Again, I'd rather be sitting on a set above two wheels than a seat thea stays still on four legs. At least they could pipe in the sunds of a harley and maybe the smell of a little oil burning. The good news is I'm going into my third winter since my thymictomy surgery in Boston on Novmber 12th, 2009. Hard to believe it, I am now almost a full month on the plus side of the projected death date. Time flies, bucketlist gets low to no, so I put more stuff on the bucketlist. Anyway, this is also my first winter of three that I will not have to endure chemo therapy. So, I'm going to move my furniture around in my living room. I'm putting my recliner in the corner on the other end of the room and I'll have a veiw of the universe. I think watching the leaves fall off the same trees for three autumns in a row, now I'm goint to see the winter and the coming spring from a new prospective. I think the new vantage points me in about a South by Southeast direction.

Well, so long for now my friends and as always thanks for yourthoughts and prayer and it's my hope that all is well with you and yours.
your friend in Sunappe
Sam   aka   chappy
Ps 118:8

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #887 on: October 25, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »

Chappy

Let me know when you need more theapy on some twisties. I'm always up for that!

JW

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #888 on: October 25, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »

Sam,
Good to see your on site. Hopefully you will be snow deprived this year and the snowblower will have cobwebs on it this year. LOL. Remember, when the need too ride is overpowering this winter, you and Sue can always come south to visit us. I do have a spare bike at your disposal. Soooo what's your excuse?
Love to you and Sue from Susie and me.
God Bless my friend,
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #889 on: October 25, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »

Sam,
Good to see your on site. Hopefully you will be snow deprived this year and the snowblower will have cobwebs on it this year. LOL. Remember, when the need too ride is overpowering this winter, you and Sue can always come south to visit us. I do have a spare bike at your disposal. Soooo what's your excuse?Love to you and Sue from Susie and me.
God Bless my friend,
Mike

See ya tomorrow!!!!
Yah, just kidding my friend, but what a caring offer, Man Mike, your the best.
Til Later
your friend

Sam  &  Sue

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #890 on: October 25, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »

See ya tomorrow!!!!
Yah, just kidding my friend, but what a caring offer, Man Mike, your the best.
Til Later
your friend

Sam  &  Sue
Sam, I have a spare as well, as long as you don't mind riding a bike Jennifer Anniston used to ride on.

Take care my friend and watch the diabetes, it attacks the feet first.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #891 on: October 25, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »

Sam, come to Tennessee if you need a break from the snow and we have an extra bike also.    See you soon, Arland and Vickie
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #892 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »

Wow, what a bunch of friends I have. Now really, who if anyone could stack up list of better friends than I have?

Thanks Chains, my feet are my last and most distant outpost and now are also on my priority list. I'm lucky to have a new Doc that is willing to grab ahold of those stinky things. lol

I have had Doc's write the strangest things into my permanent medical file through the years but for the first time I have written a formal complaint that will now be a permanent fixture in a Doctors folder. I guess it doesn't happen very often at the Veterans Hospital because of the reaction of those concerned. Funny, but I don't think I'll be welcomed back to the Cancer Survivor Group anytime soon. Wow, maybe I'll make public the letter I wrote and hand delivered to eight different offices at the VA Hospital. I plan to mail more out to those connected to the ethical care of Veterans with cancer including to the level of Washington DC. Somethings just aren't right and nobody should bully a room full of Veterans seeking support while they fight cancer. I stood against the bully and the facilitator still did nothing to stop the bully. So, I stopped him, he left the room in a typical bully fashion, "as a coward". But, my complaint stems to the root of the problem. That being but not limited to the facilitator rewarding the Jr High School childish behavior of the bully. I saw that Veterans of various ages were sitting in the room looking at the floor or table top in what seemed a certain amount of glee as though being thankful that the bully wasn't attacking them. Man, you'd just have to see it for yourself to believe it. I saw a couple of older Vet shake during the outburst of the bully while they peeked in vain toward the leadership to put an end to such behavior.

When it was clear that the facilitator didn't have a backbone I stepped in. I don't care if somebody has cancer or not, there's no justification for being a bully in any group. It also became very clear that the bully hadn't had anybody stand up to him in a long time maybe never. But I just couldn't stand by, I figure that I'm part of the solution or I'm put of the problem. So, I stopped a bully in his tracks and aim to bring a shineing light on the lack of leadership in the Cancer Survivor Group.

To my surprize, I also found out that the Veterans Hospital has a two tier system for Veterans support groups and that became another point in my complaint. There is only one cancer support group at the hospital and as it turns out, it's not open to Veterans with cancer. But only Veterans with cancer that are invited by the, get this, "The facilitator that doesn't have a backbone". Well, I guess he didn't study my Medical file closely enough, because he failed to see that I'm not one to play by the rulebook that he secretly had over the other Veterans in the room. When I asked him if he had a secret handshake too, he realized I wasn't fooling around, I want answers why he could search the Med records of Veterans to pick and choose who could or would be in his closed and secret group. Again, all this while there isn't even offered a cancer support group that is open to Veterans with cancer, just a Government funded closed secret group called Cancer Survivor Group. I think it could be better explained as a group with the closed goal to see who with cancer can survive that group. Amazing

your friend
Sam  aka  chappy   

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #893 on: October 26, 2011, 06:54:02 AM »

This "Group" is not just dealing with a Veteran-Cancer Survivor... They are dealing with a "Biker-Veteran-Cancer Survivor  :2vrolijk_21:  There are some things in life that can only be understood, or as I like to say "Rationalized" by people who ride on two wheels.  Sam, once again you have proven this theory to me, by taking on the challanges of "the little guy" and trying to make it right. :2vrolijk_21:  You never seem to stop inspiring me in the process of your daily life, and for that I could never thank you enough.  Go get'em Chappy :nervous: :nervous:

God Bless   Sam

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #894 on: October 26, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »

Way to go Sam, kick azz and take names! I can see it now, Sam's support group for all people and put me down as your first member.
Love ya brother and God Bless,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

hogasm

« Reply #895 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »

Sam, Kathy and I just went back to Luray and went to the Skyline Caverns. Took some pictures and when we got home and started looking at the pics we found the ones of our last trip with you, Sue, Howie and Rocky. Brought back some great memories. will post some of the pics when I get them sorted out.

keep in touch my friend

Brian and Kathy

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #896 on: October 26, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »

This doesn't surprise me Sam! Personally I get flamed when I see the lack of everything at the VA hospitals for the ones who served this country! I can't think of anything this government does well, except spend our money! Praise to you for standing up to this bully and writing the letters! Your a good man and I'm sure your actions were warranted. God Bless ya brother, love ya man and Deb and I lift you and Sue up in prayer! By the way, anytime you and Sue would like to fly out to Memphis you have a place to stay and a scooter to ride! Take care...

:bananarock:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #897 on: October 27, 2011, 06:43:27 AM »

Lots of places to stay when you wish to see new vistas.
We have an awesome VA hospital here in Richmond, VA.
An extra bedroom and even and extra scoot too.
If you feel like changing the horizons, you've got lots of choices, I'm just adding to them here.
Come on down if'n ya like.
 :huepfenjump3:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #898 on: October 27, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »

Hey Sam, you writting this down? Looks like a road trip in the planning! The best part is the scoots are provided.LOL
Kind of looks like your congregation, support group, family is stepping up and throwing out the gauntlet.
The ball is in your court, as they say.
As always, you and Sue are in our prayers.
Hey Sue!
Love to you both and God Bless,
Mike

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #899 on: October 27, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »

I everyone this is Sue.
These past posts mean more to Sam than you could ever know (including me). This bully thing has bothered Sam in the past but it picked up speed at the Oct. 12 meeting and then came to a climax on Oct. 19. A ridiculous letter from the facilitator of the group came on Saturday the 22. His letter was the most ridiculous display of excuses that you could ever see written by an adult. LOL I have only seen Sam's cork blow to this degree a few times in his life, but he becomes as focused as the alfa wolf, unfortunately there is no pack with him. One thing that concerns him and me is that the problem that Sam is standing against is the secret "group" with its secret "rule book" is not only  allowed and the bad behavior at that group is encouraged and rewarded. Not only Sam but I am concerned about the quality of care he will receive at the VA Hospital now that he put this formal written complaint (11 pages long of details) against the Dr. of that group and the process of such private and secret meetings. What really erks Sam is that this Dr. is using the tool of Pyscho Babble during this group meeting to pick and pluck and gather thoughts, ideas, concerns and real life stories off of Veterans backs while they are literally fighting for there lives against cancer.. Since the facilitating Dr. doesn't have a thought to use from his own head to write another article or a book among the many of the articles and books he has already written on other groups that he has had concerning other diseases.. This one might be titled "The Time I Was A Facilitor In My Cancer Survivor Group".As you can see sorta kinda effected the whole household. As if life doesn't already throw enough curveballs. If anyone is interested I am sure Sam would send you a copy of the official unedited complaint letter.

On another note, I can't believe how much generosity is amongst this group. All the offers for rooms, extra bikes to ride. I only wish we could come down for a visit, or even just Sam. Life has a way of interferring with what we would like to do sometimes. I truly love you guys (all of you). Thank you so much for all your prayers, thoughts and love. I truly believe that the Lord is gathering up all of it and applying it to His good Graces and giving it to Sam and I.

We got some new pictures of the twins picking apples at the orchard, maybe I can get Sam to scan some of them and post them. Our "six" grandsons mean the world to both Sam and I. Surely does add some spice to life when they are all around. lol

Sam is going to ride out to Wisconsin (four wheels) with a friend so he can pick up his bike and bring it back to NH. (our friends bike). And they are going to squeeze this into the fastest rode trip east of the Missisippi starting this Saturday am. Please keep Sam in your prayers, he is already exausted and hasn't even left yet.

Love to all of you,
Sue                                                                                     
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 99

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.