Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: For the Conn, Mass & Maine guys ???  (Read 5513 times)

JW

• Full CVO Member
Re: For the Conn, Mass & Maine guys ???
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 09:50:22 PM »

Dimillo's is the place ...the seafood is really good. The Dimillo family are great folks.

Dimillos is a great place, and great setting, good Spiderman advice.

Okay, I took a look at the motel.  It is very convenient, just over the line in Kittery, right on route 1, sort of in a residential area, so its quiet. It sounds like thats about as long of trip as you want with this group and the closeness of it to the NH border fits the bill. They are older bungalows, had the guy show me one and following are a few pics.  They appear to be clean, have a kitchen area, quiet.  I dont see why that wouldnt work for a bunch of guys on the road.

Weathervaine is just down the road on Route 1, literally about 3 minutes away, and that might also fit the bill for you.  Its a very large weathervaine restaurant and appears they would have no trouble accommodating your large group, I would of asked for you but they were closed.  The outlet store part of the place shouldnt hinder your decision, as its a big job you took on here and this may satisfy the needs of the group.  Then just drive up Route 1 for a great trip to Kennebunkport as described in earlier posts.

The two restaurants you have posted, I havent heard anything about them, but york is a very short trip up the road.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »

2005 Cherry SEEG-

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2007, 09:53:15 PM »

2005 Cherry SEEG-

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »

2005 Cherry SEEG-

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 09:54:50 PM »

Good luck.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2007, 06:22:33 AM »

seegmon....GREAT WORK!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2007, 09:39:42 AM »

Seegmon,

While you were there did you "know" you were near an airport?

Just looked on a map and saw that Pease International airport is fairly close.

Line of site to Badger Island, where the Lobster In The Rough restaurant is, is 3 miles. 3.75 to the Villas.

I'm guessing the Naval Base is not that noisy.

The Lobster In The Rough is the first restaurant I have talked too that would take reservations and was looking forward to welcoming us. I'm not sure if that is good or bad!

The villas look pretty good, I am still working out the details to see if we can make it work. I actually like the "look & feel" of the place. Reminds me of Fontana Village in North Carolina. We stayed there after the CVO gtg in Maggie Valley.

Thanks for the ride by and pics. This also looks like it could be a neat little place for a CVO meet.

We are planning this trip with a rain date, that cause some issues.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 10:37:02 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2007, 09:54:09 AM »

seegmon....GREAT WORK!

Ditto, That's righteous dude  :2vrolijk_21:

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2007, 07:01:08 AM »

Seegmon,

While you were there did you "know" you were near an airport?

Just looked on a map and saw that Pease International airport is fairly close.

Line of site to Badger Island, where the Lobster In The Rough restaurant is, is 3 miles. 3.75 to the Villas.

I'm guessing the Naval Base is not that noisy.

The Lobster In The Rough is the first restaurant I have talked too that would take reservations and was looking forward to welcoming us. I'm not sure if that is good or bad!

The villas look pretty good, I am still working out the details to see if we can make it work. I actually like the "look & feel" of the place. Reminds me of Fontana Village in North Carolina. We stayed there after the CVO gtg in Maggie Valley.

Thanks for the ride by and pics. This also looks like it could be a neat little place for a CVO meet.

We are planning this trip with a rain date, that cause some issues.

Pease and naval yard.  No problem, you wont even know they exist there.  I stopped by Pease once just to see where it was for an expected flight out and the terminal, which is about the size of a restaurant, was closed.  That will tell you how  busy it is there.  I think Bush uses it occasionally to come home (how did a NE boy get a Texas accent, hmmm).

The York restaurant, I would give it a go.   People here, the ones who are from here, are down to earth and friendly.  If you went to a busy store, they would look you in the eye, ask you how you are, and listen to your reply.  They are probably Mainers who run that restaurant and they are probably genuinely looking forward to your arrival.  Either that or they are transplants and they are looking forward to your money.  Either way, I expect you will have a great lobster dinner, and dont forget the steamed clams.
2005 Cherry SEEG-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.