Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: H.O.G Membership  (Read 13285 times)

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
H.O.G Membership
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »

Just curious how many members here have H.O.G memberships?
I got my HOG renewal the other day and tossed it into the round file ...main reason being that last weekend when I had to have my bike towed home all the HOG membership would cover was $100 toward the bill. But my AAA membership covered everything at no cost to me (I have AAA Plus to cover cycles and Rv's) for up to 150 miles, the tow home was 108 miles. The only reason I really had the HOG membership was to have the roadside assistance with the added benefit of getting into the events at Sturgis or Daytona but I'll pay for those individually if I have to...any one else?

:soapbox:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: H.O.G Membership
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »

I chitcanned hog years ago, shoot now I don't the patch n pins no mo! :o

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »

HOG gets you into certain HOG venues - regionally as well as nationally.  Pins, patches, and sometimes a cookie.  Some enjoy that and others do not.  To each their own.

1 advantage to the towing from HOG is they use motorcycle approved only services (sure there are some stories where they did not but...) everyone I know has been pleased with their tow. 

May sound corny, but I really enjoy the HOF/Harleymagazines - enjoy reading about bike trips, and am used to a gazillion ads interspersed in most bike mags already.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:51:26 PM »

Had I known about the cookies, maybe Ida stayed!  :P

I think get the mags of my 07 but get so much crap in the mail I hadta get a bigget mail receptacle(pre-trash can can) :pineapple:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 02:54:04 PM »

I have national hog for the magazines and that I need to have national to be a local member. I use local membership for the discount on parts and accessories.
I didn't need towing for 9 years of ownership of my Fatboy but I have used towing once with my FLHTCUSE and was glad i had it. They did a good job but it wasn't long distance.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 03:06:47 PM »

Had I known about the cookies, maybe Ida stayed!  :P

Sometimes they have punch or coffee, too.   :pepper:

(And demo rides).

Local dealer gives a discount for local HOG & has planned a HOG only sale, too.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 03:10:30 PM »

I've got the lifetime HOG thing.  But only because it was done a long long time ago when it cost next to nothing.  Only even moderate benefit now is the atlas that shows up every year.  Though it gets carried along only for the contact info it provides.

Occasionally look at the magazine/advertising rag that shows up at some interval.  So poorly written never get very far in to it though.  My niece digs the pins and patches.  Since not paying for them anymore guess that makes it worthwhile.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 03:16:10 PM »

Sometimes they have punch or coffee, too.   :pepper:

(And demo rides).

Local dealer gives a discount for local HOG & has planned a HOG only sale, too.

Only when you attend their meethings though..

I quite H.O.G. years ago. I have Allstate towing and had to use them twice. Each time i told them i had a motorcycle and they sent out a flatbed and took real good care of my baby. One time I was near Fresno about 160 miels from home. They towed me bike the extra distance no questions asked.

Also each time they arrived within the hour after calling.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »

Only time I had to use the HOG towing it was a disaster.  Had to get someone from over 50 miles away and then he did not have proper equipment to load my ultra.  Oh well, it's a crap shoot just depending on where you are when you break down.  Of course it is not 'really' HOG or HD for that matter - they just contract it out to Road America (as I'm sure other services do also).

But that's not why I support HOG.  Met lots of friends through HOG, been on several really nice road trips and gotten to know many of the execs at HOG and HD.  Gotten to know dozens of great folks at local chapter who I can ride with.  So all is all a big, big plus for me and HQ. 

But to each his (or her) own.  That's why they make chocolate & vanilla, Chevys & Fords.  Heck if everyone liked and supported that very same thing it'd be a pretty dull world.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 03:50:59 PM »

HOG gets you into certain HOG venues - regionally as well as nationally.  Pins, patches, and sometimes a cookie.  Some enjoy that and others do not.  To each their own.

1 advantage to the towing from HOG is they use motorcycle approved only services (sure there are some stories where they did not but...) everyone I know has been pleased with their tow. 

May sound corny, but I really enjoy the HOF/Harleymagazines - enjoy reading about bike trips, and am used to a gazillion ads interspersed in most bike mags already.

I'm with you Iski. I enjoy the Hog magazines. I have never been to a Hog Rally.  My wife bought me a lifer subscription years ago where I never have to renew, otherwise it may have been put on the wayside. THE MUFFMAN

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »

I'm with you Iski. I enjoy the Hog magazines. I have never been to a Hog Rally.  My wife bought me a lifer subscription years ago where I never have to renew, otherwise it may have been put on the wayside. THE MUFFMAN

We are also involved in the local chapter, MM.  Lots of friends & riding buddies from that association.  I helped set up local rides & this helps gets new riders involved in riding - many stay for a while & quit - others are charter members.  Ride with folks who are/are not members locally.  We enjoy the chapter so it works ok for us.  Also do some overnights here & there.  Know some that do not care for local HOG chapters & have heard many war stories in that regard.  The way I look at it is - if its fun & we have fun then we are on the right track. 

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 04:08:40 PM »

I've been a H.O.G. member for about 10 years now, both national and chapter. Activity in the local chapter comes and goes.  I was a MSF Instructor, so they enlisted me for Road Captain, Safety Officer and such, but it just got to be too much work.  Now, I'm just a flunky, and I ride with them when they are going some place fun.  The rest of the time, I just ride with the Homies.
Hair of the Dog

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »

I'm active because of my local chapter ( I sound like a union guy). Enjoy the rides and the discount at the local dealer which is 15%. One has to spread the wealth a little and keep those dollars close to home so I don't always buy from Jenni. On another note, I just called AAA to find out if my bike was covered. Of course not! It is an additional $32/yr with up to 100 mile of towing and $3/mile after that. For $32/yr I do get free gas delivery  :).
AJ

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »

My recommendation is to buy a new CVO each year and the HOG membership is free as a consequence.  This is the logic I use on my imaginary wife who lives on as a figment of my imagination within the theater of the absurd constantly playing in my mind....   :bananarock:

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »

I'm active because of my local chapter ( I sound like a union guy). Enjoy the rides and the discount at the local dealer which is 15%. One has to spread the wealth a little and keep those dollars close to home so I don't always buy from Jenni. On another note, I just called AAA to find out if my bike was covered. Of course not! It is an additional $32/yr with up to 100 mile of towing and $3/mile after that. For $32/yr I do get free gas delivery  :).
AJ
AJ, you can pay a little extra to Road America ($25, I think??) and get the unlimited package - no limit on tows or distance to nearest Harley dealer.  Since I'm not a AAA member that's what I do.  Cheaper that the upgrade at AAA and way cheaper if you're not a AAA member at all.

BTW most insurance policies will also pay for tows - may not arrange them but will reimburse some if not all.

IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 04:29:22 PM »

My recommendation is to buy a new CVO each year and the HOG membership is free as a consequence.  This is the logic I use on my imaginary wife who lives on as a figment of my imagination within the theater of the absurd constantly playing in my mind....   :bananarock:
And as an added benefit you don't have to pay for the extended warranty either!

IBA member # 45520

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »

Only time I had to use the HOG towing it was a disaster.  Had to get someone from over 50 miles away and then he did not have proper equipment to load my ultra.  Oh well, it's a crap shoot just depending on where you are when you break down.  Of course it is not 'really' HOG or HD for that matter - they just contract it out to Road America (as I'm sure other services do also).

But that's not why I support HOG.  Met lots of friends through HOG, been on several really nice road trips and gotten to know many of the execs at HOG and HD.  Gotten to know dozens of great folks at local chapter who I can ride with.  So all is all a big, big plus for me and HQ. 

But to each his (or her) own.  That's why they make chocolate & vanilla, Chevys & Fords.  Heck if everyone liked and supported that very same thing it'd be a pretty dull world.

I am with you mi amigo Jerry and with Mike (iski)....Hog made us to meet each other and having the opportunity to share three Posse's.....also I enjoy the mags. I had to use twice their road assistance service and it was ok. On the top of that is that I haven't had to spend in the membership renewal since I got extra year everytime that I purchase a bike.......I only have to pay for the "ladies of Harley" for Martha's membership......I like to be a HOG member.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »

AJ, you can pay a little extra to Road America ($25, I think??) and get the unlimited package - no limit on tows or distance to nearest Harley dealer.  Since I'm not a AAA member that's what I do.  Cheaper that the upgrade at AAA and way cheaper if you're not a AAA member at all.

BTW most insurance policies will also pay for tows - may not arrange them but will reimburse some if not all.

I had to get the "GOOD SAM" in order to be covered my toy hauler and now my vehicles and motorcycles are covered as well  :huepfenjump3:

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 04:53:28 PM »

I'm due to renew by EOM August, but I'm gonna let it lapse.  Pretty much done with HOG.  All of this began with  the screwed up paint on Thumper and the fact that the dealership from which I bought the bike (Appleton) wouldn't support me when trying to get the paint replaced.  Once the paint challenge was met (through my own efforts), Appleton still had the gall to send promotional rags to me.  I asked them to stop and further asked them how they could, in good faith, solicit my business after they kicked me to the curb over my paint.  So, they agreed to stop sending marketing materials to me, and also decided to blackball my membership and my family's membership in the local HOG chapter (Tuckessee).  That pretty much did it for me.  The local chapter refunded my dues along with Renea's and Stephanie's dues, but I never cashed the check.  It is in a scrapbook on one of the numerous curios in our house.  Can't deal with the arrogance.  I'd rather pay for my own towing vice continuing subscription to a hoity-toity "club."  Not for me.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »

I've been in HOG since it started and was cheap to be a life member. I participate in two chapters and go on runs that interest me and my wife. We have met some great folks to ride with, but don't go to many meetings. I think one of the biggest reasons to join a local chapter is to get the discounts, but that is changing at some locations. Now some dealers are making you buy and get credit for the next purchase if done at the same location and within a year. The corporate folks a thinking too much again and about to screw up a good thing. Its a difficult program for the dealership to manage and amounts to a 10% discount anyway only with a experation date.  Doc

hogasm

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 04:55:54 PM »

I am a member of both national and local chapter for one reason..................free tire mounting at the local dealership :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Between 3 dressers we go through at least 5 new rear tires a year. So far this year we have gone through 6 rear tires and 3 fronts. At over $100 each, it is not a bad deal to spend $60 a year for that.

Had to modify this.....if the local dealership stops, so will I.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:58:37 PM by hogasm »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »

Jerry, I just went to the HOG site and this is what it says:
"For a minimal fee, MAXIMIZE the Roadside Assistance Program to suit your needs – by upgrading to one of the following options:

Deluxe Package (optional – only $19.95* per year)
Greatly reduce your worries with the optional Deluxe P ackage, which adds the following benefits for up to two Harley-Davidson motorcycles:

Unlimited towing to the nearest Harley-Davidson dealership. (Please note that Harley-Davidson dealerships are not open 24/7.)

"Sign and Ride" benefit (all covered towing/roadside assistance costs are covered in full).

If you are a full or full life H.O.G. member and would like to upgrade to this increased benefit level, please contact Road America to enroll. Certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply."

There is also and Ultra package which reimburses you $333 per day for travel expenses for $29.95/yr.
I think I'm going to call HOG now.
AJ

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 05:32:46 PM »

I've been a member for two years.  December 1997 through December 1998 when I bought the Fat Boy, and December 2006 through December 2007 when I bought the Millstone.  I think I still have the little atlas they sent me the first time, and I got a pin at the HOG hospitality event at the Expo in Rapid City last year.  They had popcorn.   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »

I'm due to renew by EOM August, but I'm gonna let it lapse.  Pretty much done with HOG.  All of this began with  the screwed up paint on Thumper and the fact that the dealership from which I bought the bike (Appleton) wouldn't support me when trying to get the paint replaced.  Once the paint challenge was met (through my own efforts), Appleton still had the gall to send promotional rags to me.  I asked them to stop and further asked them how they could, in good faith, solicit my business after they kicked me to the curb over my paint.  So, they agreed to stop sending marketing materials to me, and also decided to blackball my membership and my family's membership in the local HOG chapter (Tuckessee).  That pretty much did it for me.  The local chapter refunded my dues along with Renea's and Stephanie's dues, but I never cashed the check.  It is in a scrapbook on one of the numerous curios in our house.  Can't deal with the arrogance.  I'd rather pay for my own towing vice continuing subscription to a hoity-toity "club."  Not for me.
Henry, really sorry to hear about your experience with an obviously chitty dealer.  Sure you know that there is National HOG memberships and then local chapter.  The local chapter is obviously where the dealer stuck it to you.  Since local chapters must be sponsored by a dealer they can call the shots there but never before heard of such horrific treatment.  Like anything in life there are good and bad.  Perhaps the local chapter near you now would be worth a visit.  Anyway, you can join National HOG and get the roadside assistance without involving any local chapter.

Jerry

IBA member # 45520

Sean M Cary

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 05:34:13 PM »

I am a member of both national and local chapter for one reason..................free tire mounting at the local dealership :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Between 3 dressers we go through at least 5 new rear tires a year. So far this year we have gone through 6 rear tires and 3 fronts. At over $100 each, it is not a bad deal to spend $60 a year for that.

What if your a cheap bastard like me and bring a tire in with you??

Sean

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

Jerry, I just went to the HOG site and this is what it says:
"For a minimal fee, MAXIMIZE the Roadside Assistance Program to suit your needs – by upgrading to one of the following options:

Deluxe Package (optional – only $19.95* per year)
Greatly reduce your worries with the optional Deluxe P ackage, which adds the following benefits for up to two Harley-Davidson motorcycles:

Unlimited towing to the nearest Harley-Davidson dealership. (Please note that Harley-Davidson dealerships are not open 24/7.)

"Sign and Ride" benefit (all covered towing/roadside assistance costs are covered in full).

If you are a full or full life H.O.G. member and would like to upgrade to this increased benefit level, please contact Road America to enroll. Certain restrictions and/or exclusions apply."

There is also and Ultra package which reimburses you $333 per day for travel expenses for $29.95/yr.
I think I'm going to call HOG now.
AJ
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

That's a really good benefit.  Do you have to remove the wheel from the bike and bring it in or does the dealer do the whole job gratis?

IBA member # 45520

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »

No HOG HD discounts at our local dealers. They suck when it comes to towing. The local members are a buncha hoity-toity yuppie pukes! No HOG for me than you! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »

What if your a cheap bastard like me and bring a tire in with you??

Sean

They take your picture, send it to Corp. Milwaukee, and write "This SOB is a Cheap Bastard" on it in big red letters.  Then they send it to every HD dealership in the world, and the 2 they have on other planets. 

Nobody does anything with the picture though so it amounts to nothing, but it's in the file, just in case.  Next to my picture, probably. 

;)

AJ - I have the $29.95 package.  Never used it, but if I had to use it once it would pay for itself.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »

Life Member!
ex:
Director x2
Asst Director x2
Road Captain / 6 years
Safety Officer
Editor
Activity Officer

Now do nothing.  period.  Chitty dealership kicked me, and I walked.  Won't be back.   >:(
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »

They take your picture, send it to Corp. Milwaukee, and write "This SOB is a Cheap Bastard" on it in big red letters.  Then they send it to every HD dealership in the world, and the 2 they have on other planets. 

Nobody does anything with the picture though so it amounts to nothing, but it's in the file, just in case.  Next to my picture, probably. 

;)

AJ - I have the $29.95 package.  Never used it, but if I had to use it once it would pay for itself.

Does that mean it goes into your "permanent" file?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »

National member, no longer local member. Past Activities Director for local chapter ('02).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »

But that's not why I support HOG.  Met lots of friends through HOG, been on several really nice road trips and gotten to know many of the execs at HOG and HD.  Gotten to know dozens of great folks at local chapter who I can ride with. 
  Agree...........LIFE MBR and occasionally go to chapter meetings and a few of the rides, mostly overnighters. Too much politics involved in the HOG management on national and local levels for my liking.
So pick and choose. The $29 a year deal beats what I could get through insurance company, so why not?  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 07:44:27 PM »

New Life Member, So far enjoying the Local group
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »

I'm in HOG.  Used the towing service once in SC.  They had to call me back because the first tow truck had a flat tire.  I didn't believe that actually.  But they arranged another one.  He showed up within the hour or whatever.  But while he did, TN (of this forum) pulled up & said he had a friend with a flatbed.  Now there was nothing wrong with the guy who actually did tow me, but his truck was a POS.  Front end was loose as a goose, made me wonder if we'd make it all the way to Savannah.  He drove slow enough so we survived.  Said he boss was a cheap bastard & drove the one good truck himself.  I'd rather have paid TN's friend and waited a few more minutes.  But the guy who hooked me up did take great care to snug the bike down from all angles.

I don't know anything about the local chapter.  I remember they said once they do local rides.  I've never heard anything from anyone, guess I could find out if I was motivated enough.

I did add RV or Plus or whatever it is from AAA.  I forgot it covers bikes in addition to my Winnie.  I was actually thinking of upgrading the HOG thing to the next level, since you're only permitted one $100 credit for towing per year, and I figure with the 110", it's just a matter of time til I'm gonna need another tow.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »

Garz: Charter member local chapter, 10 years. Update weekly phone 'HOGline', 4.5 years. Treasurer, 2 yrs. Membership, 2 yrs. Road Capt, 2 yrs (I'd rather follow). Newsletter, 2 yrs. 

Wife: Charter member local chapter, 10 years. LOH member 10 yrs. LOH Coordinator, 2 yrs. Activities Coordinator, 2 yrs. Treasurer, 2 yrs. Secretary, 3 yrs. Membership, 1 yr. Assistant Director, 2 yrs. Director, 2 yrs. Road Captain, 5 yrs (she leads me). Also, FL State HOG Rally Events Coordinator and website, 3 yrs (come see us in Cocoa Beach Oct 22 - 25!) (shameless plug; www.flstatehogrally.com;D

We've had the extra RoadAmerica coverage from HOG for years. Never used it, but the cost is minimal.

Our Paradise Chapter is a social club with a riding problem. Lots of good friends. I guess HOG, or at least our chapter, is more geared to helping newbies decide whether or not they really want to be a rider. We've helped a lot of new riders in their quest for 2 wheels. Some easy rides, some longer rides, some bowling challenges, parties, poker runs... just having fun with other people with a Harley thang... actually, unless it's one of our required 'closed' rides, we invite any bike to come along, they just sign a release.

Dealership has been good to us, and we support them...it's a 2-way street. No, they don't give us everything we want, but we can always count on them for all kinds of prizes, gifts, kickin' in for food, 20% off for members at the monthly meeting, etc. Plus we use their meeting room for all our meetings... and they throw some nice parties. 

We've heard horror stories about bastig dealers, about stuck-up members, etc., so I guess we're lucky! 

Of course, you get out of an organization what you put in.

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »

That's a really good benefit.  Do you have to remove the wheel from the bike and bring it in or does the dealer do the whole job gratis?

They do it all

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:59 PM »

Life member because I like the rockers (display them in a big frame on garage wall), pins (thrown in the bottom of a junk drawer) and did it a while back before the price went up.
Local dealer used to give a HOG discount but the good guy retired and gave the dealerships to his cheap ass sons and the discount became a memory. I order everything from Chicago HD and would not buy a t-shirt from Bumpus unless I had to have it right that day to keep riding.
As for the local chapter, good people and well run so even if I wasn't a life member, I would renew yearly for the local chapter.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »

Garznhogs,  agree with you 100%  ,,  been a member of our Niagara Falls chapter since they started in 86.
been an officer for 14 years ( presently  treasurer )  wife is secretary. we have over 300 members. (some as--holes),  but mostly really great people.
our state rally is this coming weekend, July 10 thru 12.  in Niagara Falls.

so,  I've got 22 years in Hog, been life member since 90.  met lots of great friends and riding buds.

It was Hog that got my wife and I to meet Jean Davidson and become good friends with her. and it was Hog that got us to meet and get autographs of Willie G, his son Bill, and his daughter Karen,, on our gas tanks, along with Jeans.

I guess you get out of it what you want.

If your the loner type,  or just want to ride with a certain few, then the commeradary that HOG offers, is probably not for you.

I've never even given a thought about the towing or road service they offer.  I've been a AAA member for years.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

I had to get the "GOOD SAM" in order to be covered my toy hauler and now my vehicles and motorcycles are covered as well  :huepfenjump3:

I have the "Good Sam" deal as well for all my vehicles including the scoot. I did the HOG thing for 6 years filling various officer positions as well. Had a good time and met some good people but it ran it's course and now I ride with just a few close friends and don't belong to a chapter or national. My pin & patch vest sits in the closet. I still very much enjoy the ride though!

REGGAB

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 11:46:55 PM »

Henry, really sorry to hear about your experience with an obviously chitty dealer.  Sure you know that there is National HOG memberships and then local chapter.  The local chapter is obviously where the dealer stuck it to you.  Since local chapters must be sponsored by a dealer they can call the shots there but never before heard of such horrific treatment.  Like anything in life there are good and bad.  Perhaps the local chapter near you now would be worth a visit.  Anyway, you can join National HOG and get the roadside assistance without involving any local chapter.

Jerry

Hi Jerry!
Thanks for the kind words.  When we left Clarksville for Enterprise back in 2004, we tried to integrate with the Wiregrass Chapter, but I guess Renea and I are just a bit too rough around the edges for that crew.   Same thing with the Rocket City Chapter.............., so I know the problem is with us and not HOG or their local chapters!   ::)  We're just not the uppity, rooty pooty, snobs they're looking for here in the Southeast...........and that's fine by us.  We have great friends like you and the HQ with whom we can ride, and you're just an afternoon away.  Now............if we can just get away from here and make that happen.   :) 
As for roadside assistance, Jerry, I used it twice in the past four years.  Once when the 02 Ultra "assploded" from a cam chain tensioner failure, and once last year when Thumper blew an oil cooler line.  Both times I waited, and waited, and waited.  I can understand the wait for the later since it was during RT, but the former................chit...........I was was just cruising the local area.  Anyway, I have some pretty good insurance.  I believe we'll use that should the situation present itself again.
I'm finished with HOG.  Nothing against the people..........just sick of the collective "holier-than-thou" mentality we've witnessed lately.  Renea and I are just simple country folks.  When we're not working, we just want to ride and have a good time.  There's no reason we can see for the snottiness to which we've been exposed.

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 12:22:39 AM »

T107...you sound like my kinda folk...Seems like the thread has pointed to numerous reasons to belong or not to belong...the majority positive thing being the people that they have met through their HOG affiliations, which is good.  :2vrolijk_21:
As far as meeting good folks I have been fortunate enough to meet plenty of good folks because I ride a Harley Davidson. Some of the best have been met the gas pump while on a fuel stop or watering hole taking a break when they have asked me about my bike or me asking about theirs. And that doesn't take a membership in anything but the brotherhood of 2 wheeled riders. I look forward to meeting lots of folks from this site, cause I am pretty sure if I ran into any of you fueling up or catching a drink and rest, I'd intro myself to you anyway....  8)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:24:25 AM by Keithincda »

REGGAB

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »

T107...you sound like my kinda folk...Seems like the thread has pointed to numerous reasons to belong or not to belong...the majority positive thing being the people that they have met through their HOG affiliations, which is good.  :2vrolijk_21:
As far as meeting good folks I have been fortunate enough to meet plenty of good folks because I ride a Harley Davidson. Some of the best have been met the gas pump while on a fuel stop or watering hole taking a break when they have asked me about my bike or me asking about theirs. And that doesn't take a membership in anything but the brotherhood of 2 wheeled riders. I look forward to meeting lots of folks from this site, cause I am pretty sure if I ran into any of you fueling up or catching a drink and rest, I'd intro myself to you anyway....  8)

Renea and I are pretty simple.  Snobbery/uppitiness has no place in our lives.  I have little to no tolerance for such.  We have plenty of friends who are, and will remain, HOG members.  Their choice doesn't affect our's to maintain a wonderful friendship.  The main thing for us is.........."We're just 'folks'."  That ain't changin'.

Thanks for the note, Keith!  Man I'd love to find some time to ride out to your home state.  One day....................... :2vrolijk_21:   

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »

I'm a member of H....No...

I'm a member of .........No. they canned me too.

I'm a member of CVOHarley.com.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 07:18:46 AM »

It was Hog that got my wife and I to meet Jean Davidson and become good friends with her. and it was Hog that got us to meet and get autographs of Willie G, his son Bill, and his daughter Karen,, on our gas tanks, along with Jeans.

If I had that SOBs autograph on my tank I'd take a belt sander to it.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 07:33:51 AM »

I'm a member of H....No...

I'm a member of .........No. they canned me too.

I'm a member of CVOHarley.com.

Amen!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 08:28:25 AM »

Does that mean it goes into your "permanent" file?

Yeah, but when they tried to chase me down for fingerprints I was able to out run them.  They managed to snatch a little hair off the very back of my head, so figure they got my DNA.  :nixweiss:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »

Garz: Charter member local chapter, 10 years. Update weekly phone 'HOGline', 4.5 years. Treasurer, 2 yrs. Membership, 2 yrs. Road Capt, 2 yrs (I'd rather follow). Newsletter, 2 yrs. 

Wife: Charter member local chapter, 10 years. LOH member 10 yrs. LOH Coordinator, 2 yrs. Activities Coordinator, 2 yrs. Treasurer, 2 yrs. Secretary, 3 yrs. Membership, 1 yr. Assistant Director, 2 yrs. Director, 2 yrs. Road Captain, 5 yrs (she leads me). Also, FL State HOG Rally Events Coordinator and website, 3 yrs (come see us in Cocoa Beach Oct 22 - 25!) (shameless plug; www.flstatehogrally.com;D

We've had the extra RoadAmerica coverage from HOG for years. Never used it, but the cost is minimal.

Our Paradise Chapter is a social club with a riding problem. Lots of good friends. I guess HOG, or at least our chapter, is more geared to helping newbies decide whether or not they really want to be a rider. We've helped a lot of new riders in their quest for 2 wheels. Some easy rides, some longer rides, some bowling challenges, parties, poker runs... just having fun with other people with a Harley thang... actually, unless it's one of our required 'closed' rides, we invite any bike to come along, they just sign a release.

Dealership has been good to us, and we support them...it's a 2-way street. No, they don't give us everything we want, but we can always count on them for all kinds of prizes, gifts, kickin' in for food, 20% off for members at the monthly meeting, etc. Plus we use their meeting room for all our meetings... and they throw some nice parties. 

We've heard horror stories about bastig dealers, about stuck-up members, etc., so I guess we're lucky! 

Of course, you get out of an organization what you put in.

Garz

I have plans to steal borrow your social club comment!   :2vrolijk_21: 

Currently I am in charge of cleaning up the cups & trash after meetings & occasionally lead a ride to someplace without getting the group too lost. Well, yeah, we do get really lost sometimes but we usually manage to find our way back by sheer luck since asking for directions is boring.  I have a GPS when I RC now, so it yells at me when I make a wrong turn - have loud pipes so cannot hear the folks behind yelling, thankfully.

We are starting a newbie rider program this month, BTW.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 12:25:34 PM »

If I had that SOBs autograph on my tank I'd take a belt sander to it.

he's acctually a real nice guy,, if you get past the security people, and get a chance to really talk to him.

but people are different.  met Jesse James a few times,  real nice guy and easy to approach and talk to.  but I wouldn't give you the sweat off my gonads to meet or talk to the a____holes from occ.

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »

Have it, mostly for the discount that it gets me at the delaer
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »

Life member injoy rallies from time to time.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »

I have been a Life Member since 1985. It was cheap back then and I use to go to the big Rallies. They would do a few rallies around the country and one National Rally. The best one was the Northeast Rally in NH back in 1990. About 20 firefighters rode up together and RAISED HOLY HELL!!!!!! Was suprise The New Hampshire State Police didn't escort us to the State Line!!!!

I use it for discounts. The rockers and pins somehow just get lost each year but the touring guide is a great thing to have on a trip. Just in case!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

charlie

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 06:15:22 PM »

I like the mag.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »

I have plans to steal borrow your social club comment!   :2vrolijk_21: 

Currently I am in charge of cleaning up the cups & trash after meetings & occasionally lead a ride to someplace without getting the group too lost. Well, yeah, we do get really lost sometimes but we usually manage to find our way back by sheer luck since asking for directions is boring.  I have a GPS when I RC now, so it yells at me when I make a wrong turn - have loud pipes so cannot hear the folks behind yelling, thankfully.

We are starting a newbie rider program this month, BTW.

Have at it, Mike! I probably borrowed it, or the idea, someplace anyway.  ;D
Newbie programs are nice, if you have the road captains with enough patience. I tell the old timers that they were once new members, or even new riders, and someone welcomed them in and along.  Actually, it's kinda fun to watch the progression of a newbie. And you end up with some friends for life. Or the occasional dumbass. :D

:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »

Have at it, Mike! I probably borrowed it, or the idea, someplace anyway.  ;D
Newbie programs are nice, if you have the road captains with enough patience. I tell the old timers that they were once new members, or even new riders, and someone welcomed them in and along.  Actually, it's kinda fun to watch the progression of a newbie. And you end up with some friends for life. Or the occasional dumbass. :D

:-Jerry

It will be featured in an upcoming newsletter - maybe as an article theme!   :2vrolijk_21:

Agree 100% Jerry.  When we bought the RK many of our friends were riding Harleys and most of them (all?) were in HOG.  Lots of them do not ride with HOG anymore due to that dumbass quotient, but if a RC has some patience & a decent memory of what it was like to be a newbie, then it usually works out ok.  Many who are now the chapter officers were folks we "volunteered/enrolled" as RC's a few years ago, so yeah, it's fun to see a progression plus hear stuff that was learned years ago repeated as "great new info".  After this year I will step down from trash/cleanup detail to make room for others & enjoy it more from the sidelines.  We have some members who are planning to go to Cocoa - should be a "Blast!"  We are a very laid back chapter - just enough organization to know we have one, I suppose.

Mike

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »

It will be featured in an upcoming newsletter - maybe as an article theme!   :2vrolijk_21:

Agree 100% Jerry.  When we bought the RK many of our friends were riding Harleys and most of them (all?) were in HOG.  Lots of them do not ride with HOG anymore due to that dumbass quotient, but if a RC has some patience & a decent memory of what it was like to be a newbie, then it usually works out ok.  Many who are now the chapter officers were folks we "volunteered/enrolled" as RC's a few years ago, so yeah, it's fun to see a progression plus hear stuff that was learned years ago repeated as "great new info".  After this year I will step down from trash/cleanup detail to make room for others & enjoy it more from the sidelines.  We have some members who are planning to go to Cocoa - should be a "Blast!"  We are a very laid back chapter - just enough organization to know we have one, I suppose.

Mike

(blush)

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »

I joined about 10 years ago to meet people to ride with & it's worked well.Guess I'm lucky our local is pretty much snob free. No dealer discounts.Many of us take turns leading rides without any official road captins.Think I've got 3 towing options & have been lucky enough not to need one yet.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Ride n Shine

• Senior CVO Member
  • life is all about the Fatboy's shine.

• CVO1: "05 CVO Fatboy
    • CVO2: '07 Ultra Classic.
    • CVO3: '09 883 Sporty.
H.O.G
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2008, 02:08:52 AM »

Just wondering how many of you are like me and are members of H.O.G. I've been a member for 5years and I'm the Webmaster for our local chapter. http://www.centraldistrictshog.co.nz

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: H.O.G
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2008, 04:47:39 AM »

I am a life member since 1983.I got my 25 year patch of recognition.

103_RK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2008, 06:30:19 AM »

I am a life member from the Richmond, Va. Chapter.  Member since late 97.
103 RK
2003 FLHRSEI2

Sean M Cary

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2008, 06:40:13 AM »

Just wondering how many of you are like me and are members of H.O.G. I've been a member for 5years and I'm the Webmaster for our local chapter. http://www.centraldistrictshog.co.nz

just joined again here in Jacksonville...got a packet in the mail, put it on my dresser (furniture type) that is about all I have done with it.

Sean
 :carrot:

Ultra Villa

• Full CVO Member
    • NJ

• CVO1: 14 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHX
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »

Member since 2004.  Assistant Director at our local chapter in NJ.
Live for today, for yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2008, 07:49:11 AM »

There was another thread about this subject a few weeks ago. Interesting to see who belongs and who doesn't. I am a member of both Nationals and my local chapter: Savannah HOG.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2008, 08:25:21 AM »

There was another thread about this subject a few weeks ago. Interesting to see who belongs and who doesn't. I am a member of both Nationals and my local chapter: Savannah HOG.

Doesn't belong! :o ;D

But then again, I don't belong in many places! ::) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »

Been very involved in our local chapter for the last 5 yrs.  Dealer is great!
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2008, 09:40:33 AM »

National member since I purchased my first Harley back in 2000....and Fort Lauderdale Chapter........

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »

Congratulations mi amigo.............Only 33K members in 1983.......you are one of the few  :2vrolijk_21:

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2008, 10:05:37 AM »

Life member , do not participate in local chapter , prefer to ride alone. ;)
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »

Life member, so is my BSR.  Member of Tallahassee Florida chapter & currently in charge of picking up cups & stuff after meetings. Do other stuff too.  Have led a ride or 2 or ... I forget.

Ride with other groups also.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »

Member since 2002.  Don't participate in local chapter... thier meetings conflict with other activities :guitarist:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »

But then again, I don't belong in many places! ::) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: ;)

Hoist! 8)

What, Howie doesn't play well with others??!!  :nixweiss: :bananarock: :cucumber: :apple:

Life Member, but don't participate in much in the way of formal HOG activities. Too much politics. Still have lots of friends from HOG though.  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2008, 03:22:48 PM »

Hoist! 8)

I'm with Howie!

I've been to a couple of meetings and one ride with the local chapter.  That was enough!   :nervous:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »

Life member, joined in 1992. Just do a little with local chapter because they either do dinner rides a few blocks from the dealership or long distance dinner rides. When I say long, they recently did 1,000 miles round trip to a restaurant in Tulsa and next week is a dinner ride to Evansville, IN, about 600 miles round trip. Been to both places and neither of them have food worth wearing my butt out to have a meet and greet with a deer.

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2008, 03:46:47 PM »

BSR & I both life members.  Over 10 yrs with local chapter and done most every position at least once.  Road capt for longer than I can recall.

IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2008, 04:40:10 PM »

Used to belong, decided this year to not renew.  Originally I joined because my local dealer offered a 20% discount to HOG members, so I figured the $45 annual fee was a drop in the bucket considering you could never walk in the place without dropping a hundred on something.  I saved more than the annual fee for a few years, then I started buying more stuff on the internet or from aftermarket companies.  Now the local dealer dropped the discount, so I have no reason to continue anyway.  I don't like large groups and meetings, don't like group rides, don't wear patches, and don't need the road service since I've got that with my insurance.  I figured I'd hold on to the $45 and spend it on two fillups at the local fuel emporium.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2008, 04:44:37 PM »

Lifetime Member but not to active any longer

jeffj

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »

Lifer and attend Chapt. meetings. 100 reward points for meeting attendance. Met some really good people through the Chapt. and we usually do our own rides.

Ride n Shine

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2008, 05:07:01 PM »

Great to see we have a few Hoggie's on board and I hear what you're saying about the politics but you don't need to get involved in that chit. We've got a little over 250 member in our local chapter and I like to ride toward the back of the pack with a hand full of mates, most we ever seem to get on a ride is around 50.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »

Active member Ocean State HOG in RI.I try to Stay involved and attend most monthly meetings. I ignore the politics but then I ignore a lot of things. Just like this site a lot of diversity. Just having fun. KB
kb

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »

Member of Hog since 2003, did not like the Knoxville chapter so was not active.  Smoky Mountain HD opened in Marryville, and I joined and am a Charter member.  Not as active as I would like as I work off shore.

I also ride with a small group near the house, wife is secritary of that group and ride a lot with them, usually ten to twenty bikes on a ride.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »

Full member, but do not participate
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2008, 03:37:22 PM »

Life member.

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »

life Member

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »

only when i buy a new bike.. never have renewed the membership though and never been on one of their rides. Personally i like being my own road captain.

w4p2

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »

Same as above.

The patch carrying attitude is a total turn off for me.

Othervise potentially positive operation has been reduced to antithesis of biker spirit
by this clowning around and pretending to be.

MoCo kindergarden for wannabes.

not my thing

w4p2
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:32:19 PM by w4p2 »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:02 PM »

BSR & I both life members.  Over 10 yrs with local chapter and done most every position at least once.  Road capt for longer than I can recall.

TMI! TMI!!!  ;)

:indian_chief:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2008, 08:04:51 PM »

Ride n Shine

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2008, 01:39:02 AM »

"The patch carrying attitude is a total turn off for me.
Othervise potentially positive operation has been reduced to antithesis of biker spirit
by this clowning around and pretending to be.
MoCo kindergarden for wannabes.
not my thing"
w4p2

Just for the record, counting myself in our chapter we have 7 ex outlaw club patch members. I guess we've just out grown the BS tuff guy side but still like to ride in big groups from time to time and you can never have too many mates. But thanks for bagging all of us that you've never met and don't know.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2008, 01:48:05 AM »

Life member and Activities Officer of our Chapter.  Lots of great friendships have started at HOG.  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

FLHTCUSE3 Erling

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Wife
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2008, 05:25:45 AM »

Life member. Member since early 2004.  Head Road Captain at our local chapter in Rogaland, Norway. Met a lot of great people since I joined. Have not regreted being a member.
Ride safe!

2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey Fade (Sold May 2021)
2017 FLHTKSE (Sold Apr 2021)
2014 FLSTNSE (Sold Sep 2018)
2014 FLHTKSE (Sold Apr 2018)
2012 FLHTCUSE7 (Sold Jul 2014)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 (Sold Mar 2020)
2008 FLHTCUSE3 (Sold Jul 2011)
2003 FLHTCUI (Sold Apr 2008)
2003 FLHRCI (Sold Feb 2007)
1998 FLSTS (Sold Sep 2005)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2008, 05:30:05 AM »

Life member since 1997 but don't belong to the local Hog. THE MUFFMAN

Ozzie

• Senior CVO Member
  • Have Trailer - Will Travel To Rescue CVO
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »

Been a Head Road Captain, Safety Officer, Secretary, Activities, Asst. Director, Editor, State Rally Coordinator, Webmaster during the years since 2002.
Ride Smart and Be Seen. Then Ride Like the Wind where The Eagles Fly.
Ozzie
03 FLSTF
06 FLHTCU
07 FLTR

Lucky Rick

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CUSE3 Annie
    • CVO2: 2002 RK Classic White Pearl - "Diamond Girl", because she sure does shine
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »

HOG member since '03.  Met alot of nice people through local HOG chapter. Nice ride schedule and also, have taken some bike vacations with a few of them.  Something my wife and I can do together besides "yard WORK"!!!

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2008, 10:25:02 PM »

Yep.....2006 w/ my 1st HD
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »

member since 1986 (life as of 1990)  officer in local chapter the last 14 years.  met my wife through HOG.

not to mention a lot of real good friends.

stick it out awhile.  takes some people a while to warm up to you,  speacially if you have a lot of members.

but it will happen,, and you will end up with some great friends and riding companions.

Red Knights NY21 - PGR

elky72ss454

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2008, 12:42:25 AM »

Hell, I am a hog....no membership, dues, no patches, no meetings, just happy as a pig in the sunshine......Nuff said!  :2vrolijk_21:

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2008, 03:02:15 AM »

I went to the first national HOG rallies.Branson MO,Pigeon Forge TN,Pocono PA,Asheville NC,
Breckenridge CO,Rapid City SD,Lancaster PA and some regional like Phoenix AZ,Topeka KS,Santa Maria CA.I allways started my trips from Phoenix AZ.
Past assistant director of the Brussels chapter and past director of the Capital of Belgium chapter.
Not active anymore in the chapter.I ride with my wife ( BOUBOU) and go to several rallies in Europe.
Next rally Lake of Garda Italy.
Our planning for next year.
Italian HOG rally at Pescaro 29 may-2 june
National HOG rally at Helsinki,Finland 7-9 august
18th European rally at Jurmala,latvia 25-28 june
For the last one,I am afraid of the roads in Poland,Lithuania and Latvia (ex soviet union )

Ride n Shine

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2008, 04:05:02 AM »

I stay a member because I enjoy the fun side, some of the rides, the discounts and the national rally. Our dealer will pickup your bike up to 70 miles away and if I need it picked up I'd just ring one of my mates, last time (a couple of years ago) a mate came 4 hours to pick us up in the dealers truck. Yep H.O.G & Mates work for me! :orange:

BOUBOU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2008, 02:50:53 PM »

I am a life member since 1993.Past secretary of the Brussels and the Capital of Belgium chapter.
Made some US Hog rallies + the 90 and 95th anniversary in Milwaukee
Also made Sturgis and Daytona.
Not active anymore in the chapter.I ride with my husband at several Hog rallies in Europe.
Next friday,my husband,my 2 kids and I will be in the plane for Milwaukee

Boubou :cherry:.

BOUBOU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »

Life member since 1993.Member of the Capital of Belgium Chapter.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »

Congrates, I got my 25 patch recently also. I guess we started about the time HOG was formed. I have had many good years with HOG and plan on many more. Ride on Biybou,  Doc

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2009, 11:58:30 PM »

This is my collection of the HOG patches ............
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:10:35 AM by amigo Jorge »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2009, 12:01:09 AM »

Only missing this one

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2009, 08:14:06 AM »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2009, 08:23:24 AM »

Jorge;

?????????????
The one you are pointing out on his board is the 25th Year Anniversary rocker the one Jorge is missing is the 25 year membership rocker.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »

The one you are pointing out on his board is the 25th Year Anniversary rocker the one Jorge is missing is the 25 year membership rocker.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Si.

Going to the kit. and get a cup. Need to wake up. Coffee may help.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2009, 08:28:35 AM »

Si.

Going to the kit. and get a cup. Need to wake up. Coffee may help.
Don't feel bad I've made similar mistakes "BC" (before coffee). ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2009, 09:34:14 AM »

Jorge;

?????????????

Mi amigo Jim ...They are different. I have the regular HOG patch for the renewal of 2008 but not the recognition for being a member for 25 years. If you see the regular patch it says: 1983-2008 and one that I am missing it doesn't say ........... :confused5: :confused5:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »

There are two members (reply #96 & #100) which they have it.......I hope that they might help me to order a replacement and sell to me....... :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2009, 09:59:46 AM »

There are two members (reply #96 & #100) which they have it.......I hope that they might help me to order a replacement and sell to me....... :nixweiss:
I have a watch list set up on eBay for "Harley Owners Group" you may want to keep an eye out there they offer a lot of patches. Good luck either way. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2009, 11:40:23 AM »

I have a watch list set up on eBay for "Harley Owners Group" you may want to keep an eye out there they offer a lot of patches. Good luck either way. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks mi amigo Gary...there is one offering it....but too expensive...I hope that one of the two amigos here might help me........BTW you have PM

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2009, 11:00:07 PM »

2yrs worth,1 for each new bike I bought and got the free year.
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »

they give me the free year everytime i buy a bike. when that expires its gone

Jeff-Gee

• Screw it, Lets Ride
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »

My wife and I enjoy being members, they organize a lot of rides, and my wife is a rider and a member of the Lady's of Harley.  We also enjoy the magazine, other than that, the name sounds cool.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2009, 06:47:28 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Last I heard 39 of the lower 48 states and Hawaii is seriously considering passing a law also.   :huepfenlol2: ;)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2009, 07:03:10 PM »

Last I heard 39 of the lower 48 states and Hawaii is seriously considering passing a law also.   :huepfenlol2: ;)

:devil:

HeHe!!! Perfect Charlie!!! I don't pay attention to most of em anyway!!! :o ::) ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO-Softail-Springer-FXSTSSE3
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »

In Hog last few years, just joined the Waterford branch of Celtic Thunder and awaiting membership details
http://www.celticthunderhog.com/

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »

In Hog last few years, just joined the Waterford branch of Celtic Thunder and awaiting membership details
http://www.celticthunderhog.com/

Hello and welcome to the site!

Please take a look at this thread:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31977.0
And leave some comments!

We are trying to put a meeting together in May 2009 and it would be cool to meet you there!

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

bogman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO-Softail-Springer-FXSTSSE3
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2009, 01:40:05 PM »

Got the pm and details Louis, will look into it for sure, been a good few years since ive been in St Tropez on a bike :2vrolijk_21:

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2009, 02:04:05 PM »

Got the pm and details Louis, will look into it for sure, been a good few years since ive been in St Tropez on a bike :2vrolijk_21:
All the more reason!

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.508 seconds with 21 queries.