Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Bike Lift  (Read 19852 times)

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
Re: Bike Lift
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2007, 01:33:52 PM »

Chief, are you aware of current pricing for the Handylift? Link? Maybe I'll add it to the choices of Group Buy Lifts. So far I've left it between the Directlift and Western Mfg. B B says that the Handy is by far the best, but I wasn't into going for 2 grand! The others are in the $500-$700 range. Thanks. Hoist! 8)

Hoist,
The link for Handy.
http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/subdepartment_view.asp?D=1&S=21

I've got the #10740 (Standard - Grey) 1,000 lb capacity with 12" side extensions & 13" front extension and use a Condor instead of the vise. Never used a tie down never lost a scooter. I've also recently purchased a Black Jack scisor jack to raise one or the other end at a time while on the Handy.
I got it on eBay from a company called Greg Smith Equipment -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Jack-for-Use-w-Lift-Fits-Harley-Lifts_W0QQitemZ300079732841QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63697QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$799.00 for the lift - Handy
$194.00 for the side extensions - Handy
$99.00 for the front extension - Handy
$139.00 for the Condor - SC2000
$99.00 for the scisior jack - Black Jack/Greg Smith Equip.

Mike
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:38:23 PM by hdfatboy »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2007, 01:54:09 PM »

Chief, are you aware of current pricing for the Handylift? Link? Maybe I'll add it to the choices of Group Buy Lifts. So far I've left it between the Directlift and Western Mfg. B B says that the Handy is by far the best, but I wasn't into going for 2 grand! The others are in the $500-$700 range. Thanks. Hoist! 8)

I agree that the Handy isn't the only game in town, but it is the standard by which all others are judged.

I just happened to stumble upon my deal by dumb luck. I was looking and got the name of my local reseller and called him. It turns out, this was just a few days after one of the motorcycle shows here early last year. He let me get in on the show special deal. The only savings was no tax or freight, no discount on the product, but no freight was substantial.

I would think getting in on a deal like that would be cheaper than $100 off by the manufacturer and then have to pay $300 in freight to get it.

Good luck, and when you get one, you'll probably be like me and say "Why did I wait so long?". Having the table, has made working on the bike much, much easier, and a lot more fun too.

Chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2007, 08:14:42 PM »

Hoist,
The link for Handy.
http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/subdepartment_view.asp?D=1&S=21

I've got the #10740 (Standard - Grey) 1,000 lb capacity with 12" side extensions & 13" front extension and use a Condor instead of the vise. Never used a tie down never lost a scooter. I've also recently purchased a Black Jack scisor jack to raise one or the other end at a time while on the Handy.
I got it on eBay from a company called Greg Smith Equipment -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Jack-for-Use-w-Lift-Fits-Harley-Lifts_W0QQitemZ300079732841QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63697QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$799.00 for the lift - Handy
$194.00 for the side extensions - Handy
$99.00 for the front extension - Handy
$139.00 for the Condor - SC2000
$99.00 for the scisior jack - Black Jack/Greg Smith Equip.

Mike

Thank so much for that Mike. I didn't get a chance to contact the other two. I like these as well and thought they were more expensive. I'm adding this to the Group Buy wish list. Appreciate the heads up! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »

Man would I love to have one of those Platform lifts, but I'm running out of room in my garage. The wife insists on parking her car inside :nixweiss: But at least she gives me a corner for my bike. :pepper:
WOODY

NBCHIEF

« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »

Good Morning,

I purchased a Pitbull lift 3 years ago. Great lift. Cost about $275.00. Very safe. I keep the bike up all winter long and never have had a problem. At a recent bike show the manufactuer had a new addtion that allows the bike to turn 360% whn it's up on the lft. They have a website as well and you can view the lifts there.

NBCHIEF

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2007, 11:01:58 PM »

Well I have to agree more $ usually means more quality.  I plan to purchase a Big Wheel from jsjacks.com about $290.  If I could swing it I would spring for one of the big dogs instead.

Lets face it, we spent way too much on our rides to risk them on a cheap jack.  No offence to my bro's who have one.  I am sure they work fine for you and I hope they always do.  Personallly, I don't have that kind of luck.  When I buy I go overboard.

I Run a landscape business.  Experience has taught me to buy the biggest baddest, mutha's I can afford.   I would rather be safe than sorry.  Like most guys however, I am pissed when I spend twice as much for the same thing someone else bought.  So good luck...

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »

That looks like a sturdy lift. Wonder how much freight is to Phoenix?
Looks like they have gone under.....site is bare bones and # is out of service

Click on 'contact' and called a different #....and got a personal (as opposed to business) message.....left my message and hopin' for a callback.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:40:15 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »

The best lift? Mine of course! I just ride right up on it, I can set it an any height and spin it....I never have to back down my driveway!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

I can't tell you how nice it is to get the bike up in the air to work on it, without having the damn lift itself in the way!

That is one cool lift. A portable table or two and you have all the advantages of a table type lift. Just talked to my neighbor that has lived here since the houses were new 15 years ago and he said my garage is poured pretty much directly on solid rock!...so no 54" deep hole in my floor! I guess that's what I get for living on a rock in a rain-forest.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:44:02 PM by dayne66 »

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »

http://www.premiumbikelifts.com/product_details.php?id=735

Lot's of features and comes with all the accessories.   Anyone have one of these?

To get a similarly equipped Handy here in Canada is way north of $2g's.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.425 seconds with 21 queries.