Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Blew my wad on a new table lift right or wrong  (Read 21665 times)

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
Re: Blew my wad on a new table lift right or wrong
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2012, 10:31:41 PM »

Dam..I got the flooljack and blocks....but don't know where to get the hillbilly know how?? :nixweiss:

LOL!  :D

Hillbilly know how can be harmful, lol.  :P
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »

LOL!  :D

Hillbilly know how can be harmful, lol.  :P

:vrolijk_10:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

I used a floorjack some blocks of wood and hillbilly know how to take mine out of the truck by myself.  FACE

Neutral drop  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2012, 12:58:01 AM »

Neutral drop  :nixweiss:
Slid the crate out as far as I could until it started to tip. Put the floor jack with blocks on it under crate. Apply a little lift with jack and pull crate to about 6" from end of tail gate. Slowly let jack down and lower crate on to blocks on each side of the jack. Then remove some blocks from jack and again lift the crate off side blocks, change to shorter blocks then lower until crate and repeat until crate is as close to floor as you can get it. floor jack is about 6" high. Now move jack to crate just off the end of tailgate and repeat lift with blocks then pull truck out and lower jack until crate sits on side blocks same as the first end. I used 2x6" boards on the sides at lowest point and then just pushed them over . It was a suttle drop. Takes about 15 minutes. I have several 6x6" blocks and 4x6" and smaller. Once on the ground open the crate and unpack everything you can. Lift is upside down and my nephew showed up just in time to help me flip the crate over and set the lift correctly. I have a bad back and did not strain myself using this methoed..... FACE
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2012, 08:50:42 AM »

I bought a Direct lift table from a MC shop that was going out of business. They had listed 4 lifts on Craigslist. I was the first person to show up and see lifts, I got a lift table that the owner had used to assemble frame up builds on, he claimed lift table may have been cycled up and down perhaps 40 or 50 times since new, judging by how clean it was, I believe it to be true. I got the side extensions with it, which I don't care to use, and I got a center stand Fat Jack jack which is awesome for rear wheel service...lift table has the the drop out rear section, dolly pulling handle to move lift around the shop more easily, while looking at the lifts he had , I called a good friend that owns an Indie shop, he dropped what he was. Doing, came over and took 2 of the othe lifts, a new tire machine and a huge compressor, for helping sell all this equipment for the seller I was able to negotiate my purchase for $350. Best motorcycle related purchase I have ever made...my friend with Indie bike shop has a couple of handy lifts and a couple direct lifts...his opinion is that he prefers the direct lifts......my only complaint about the Direct lift is that it is black...my eyesight not being what it once was makes it a bit hard to see small parts and or tools, plus it doesn't reflect shop lifts up towards underside of the bike....it gets better ....I was able to have my friend that bought the other lifts, pick mine and deliver it to my garage....
       I also ride my bikes on, get of and while holding bike with one one hand, reach forward and tighten vise on front wheel....one bikes has 16" apes, and I have never had any issuses securing the bike.....I also Strap
 bike to lift ....to avoid it ever coming off lift
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.