Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: 2014 Indian Chief beginning at $18,999  (Read 19774 times)

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
2014 Indian Chief beginning at $18,999
« on: June 28, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »

HD just got some competition...maybe they'll step-up their game.  

Heck, with that beautiful "Flat-headesque" motor that equals our 110s 115 tq numbers, and on an all new frame that is sopposed to incorporate Victory's handling technology as well as the skirted fenders and the vintage "Chief-look" ????...it's hard not to consider adding to the stable.  

Oops!  I just put down a deposit!

Still keeping the SERG though...just sayin
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:43:15 AM by Beemer »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2014 Indian Chief beginning at $18,999
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »

On their website it's specifically "starting at" $18,999.  Factory ordered options?  Maybe they'll be smart enough to avoid the one size fits all method we've all lived with forever.  Or maybe it'll be a tier of packages akin to what Goldwing offers.

In any case I'm anxious to see them in person.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »

Competition is GOOD!!!   Bring'em on!   :bananarock:
Jesus is Lord

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 04:27:26 AM »

Great looking bike and the competition can only be a good thing!
I for one will be consider one! but as an extra and not at the expense of sacrificing any of my Harleys!!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »

This is about their 4th start up try, maybe they can make it stick this time. Last time was about 40 miles from me in Kings Mnt, NC. Went down to the factory........no tours!! Need to be consumer friendly!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 09:17:34 AM »

Now that Indian is owned by Polaris, they will have deeper pockets, and will hopefully get some legs in the marketplace.

I have always loved the look of Indians, and the new ThunderStroke x-wedge style 111" engine will likely run off and leave our 110" engines in the dust. It's a beautiful engine, and makes our V-twins look like pretty antiquated.

I would love to have an Indian... but not as my only bike. More of a second ride on warm sunny days.

There will still be the problem of dealerships, tho. I wonder if Polaris dealerships will start selling Indians, or if they will start building separate Indian dealerships. They will have hard row to hoe doing that. I wish Indian well.

There's a tiny little Polaris dealership just a few miles from our house, but it's just shack compared to Harley dealerships. Actually, it's pretty much of a shack compared to anything!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:12 AM »

Now that Indian is owned by Polaris, they will have deeper pockets, and will hopefully get some legs in the marketplace.

I have always loved the look of Indians, and the new ThunderStroke x-wedge style 111" engine will likely run off and leave our 110" engines in the dust. It's a beautiful engine, and makes our V-twins look like pretty antiquated.

I would love to have an Indian... but not as my only bike. More of a second ride on warm sunny days.

There will still be the problem of dealerships, tho. I wonder if Polaris dealerships will start selling Indians, or if they will start building separate Indian dealerships. They will have hard row to hoe doing that. I wish Indian well.

There's a tiny little Polaris dealership just a few miles from our house, but it's just shack compared to Harley dealerships. Actually, it's pretty much of a shack compared to anything!

Ken

Know what you mean Ken.  In many aspects I've liked the look of some of the old Indians more than the HD bikes.  So I hope this iteration of the brands is successful. 

Don't think it's likely Polaris would try to stand the brand on its own.  Too few bikes and models if nothing else.  Could be wrong but I expect to see them standing next to Victory bikes and Polaris craft of other sorts wherever the company can get a dealer to place them.  That could service a touchy subject.  Something else to wait and see how well Polaris handles the issue for those that might need work done.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 09:50:32 AM »

Know what you mean Ken.  In many aspects I've liked the look of some of the old Indians more than the HD bikes.  So I hope this iteration of the brands is successful. 

Don't think it's likely Polaris would try to stand the brand on its own.  Too few bikes and models if nothing else.  Could be wrong but I expect to see them standing next to Victory bikes and Polaris craft of other sorts wherever the company can get a dealer to place them.  That could service a touchy subject.  Something else to wait and see how well Polaris handles the issue for those that might need work done.

Yeah... It will be a true David and Goliath story for sure... And we all know how THAT one turned out!

Years ago, I saw a beautiful Indian Super Chief parked in the Six Flags parking lot. I drooled over the thing, and took this pic of my then-young daughter Chloe standing next to it.

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »

Yeah... It will be a true David and Goliath story for sure... And we all know how THAT one turned out!

Years ago, I saw a beautiful Indian Super Chief parked in the Six Flags parking lot. I drooled over the thing, and took this pic of my then-young daughter Chloe standing next to it.

Ken

They can be stunning bikes.  I personally like the fringe and use of leathers they often got.  Some may not.  I'd personally prefer a slightly more open front fender.  But even that I vary on from one day to the next.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

They can be stunning bikes.  I personally like the fringe and use of leathers they often got.  Some may not.  I'd personally prefer a slightly more open front fender.  But even that I vary on from one day to the next.

I just love the look of Indians as a whole... the total old school look with the fringe, the big swooping front fender, everything. Overdone for some people, maybe... but awesome-looking to me!

I had 18" black lever fringe on my old FLHTP and I really liked it, but it just wouldn't look right on the Honey Badger...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »

I just love the look of Indians as a whole... the total old school look with the fringe, the big swooping front fender, everything. Overdone for some people, maybe... but awesome-looking to me!

I had 18" black lever fringe on my old FLHTP and I really liked it, but it just wouldn't look right on the Honey Badger...

Ken

The long fringe on a bagger has to be something you really want.  It's a tough look to pull off.  For much the same reason it works on the Indians it can be sweet on a Road King though. 

I don't like it quite that long.  Though not for reasons of "look."  I don't like it slapping up my arm on the highway.  But I dig the look.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »

The long fringe on a bagger has to be something you really want.  It's a tough look to pull off.  For much the same reason it works on the Indians it can be sweet on a Road King though.  

I don't like it quite that long.  Though not for reasons of "look."  I don't like it slapping up my arm on the highway.  But I dig the look.

That RK looks sharp with the red lever fringe!

My '95 Evo FLHTP had a windshield, not a fairing... so it looked like a Road King but was actually a Certified Police Special Electra-Glide... the very last year of the old "toaster dash" FLHS-style front end, before it was gone forever - replaced by the Road King Police in '96.

I put a stupid amount of fringe on the thing... really over the top and probably not to the liking of many, but I didn't care. I should have never sold that sweet ride. I had it running really well... V-Thunder EVL-3010 cam, carb jetted just right with a strong spring and Sportster needle, and open long fishtails that were obnoxiously loud.

And the mirrors said "Assholes in mirrors are bigger than they appear" !

Ken
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:26:30 AM by North Georgia Hawg »

The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

That's sweet.  Would've been really tough to part with that.  I loved those bikes.

My current Road King almost got more fringed out than it is as I was going through the build.  At one time planned to use the old 95th anniversary fender fringe skirt for the rear too but then thought I might add a hitch and decided against it.  Still have the powder coated hitch but, so far, haven't installed either.  So ended up with just the levers and floorboards fringe.  To my tastes it's still a good look though.

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »

Indian to reveal 2014 Chief at Sturgis rally
http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/article/indian-reveal-2014-chief-sturgis-rally

The free 8 p.m. event centered on the unveiling of the 2014 Indian Chief will feature live music, celebrity appearances including Mike Wolfe of History’s “American Pickers” TV show, interviews with Indian Motorcycle team members, a multimedia tribute to Indian Motorcycle’s history and more. 

“The Sturgis Rally was started in 1936 by the local Indian Motorcycle club, the Jackpine Gypsies, and has grown to become the world’s largest motorcycle rally, drawing riders from across the globe. We found it fitting to unveil the new Indian Motorcycle at Sturgis given its heritage at this signature motorcycle event,” said vice president of Polaris Motorcycles Steve Menneto. “Our team has put their hearts and souls into the design and development of the 2014 Indian Chief. Sturgis is the perfect place to unveil the next generation of Indian motorcycles and share the message that choice in American motorcycling is finally here in the form of the stunning new Indian Chief.”

The company also announced a weeklong schedule of events designed to introduce riders to the new Indian Chief. The full schedule of activities including displays, demo rides and parties is available at the official Indian Motorcycle website www.indianmotorcycle.com.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »

I like the Indians also a dealer here tried to get the dealer ship started a few years back and had no luck maybe since polaris is involved they will be able to get a better jump on the market .
DND
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.