Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: S&S vs TP vs Ultima High Output oil Pumps  (Read 4402 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
S&S vs TP vs Ultima High Output oil Pumps
« on: November 21, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »

Hi,
 I have been shopping for a new oil pumps for a new 100" Fatso motor I am building. I like the simplicity/durability of the EVO lower end but like the bigger bore and better cooling of the TC cylinder and heads. There are different claims by the mmanufacturers but i don't know the truth or what is best. Any advice?
   TP claims that their Classic Oil Pumps are the only ones that give oil to the bottom end at Idle. Quote.
Conventional oil pumps shut off oil to the crankshaft at idle, and do not start delivery of oil until 1900 RPM. T.P.Pro-Series patented billet oil pump has been engineered to give your engine a constant flow of oil to the crankshaft at any RPM. This patented design will add life to your crank pin, rods, pistons, and cylinders by drastically reducing operating temperature. By using a unique three-valve system a proper amount of oil supplied to the tappets and top end at all times. Another innovative work of art from TP Engineering.

Ultima High Output Oil Pump Quote
The H.O. pump has a much greater potential for pressures and volume. Unlike stock pumps which won't start feeding the bottom endoil untill 2000+ RPM, test show the H.O. Pump will feed the bottom end at idle speeds, and keep a consistent flow throughout the R.P.M. range to keep from floating bottom end bearings.

I called S&S. I was told that the HVHP Pump was made for motors that have the TC oilers. If you do not then their standard oil pump would work fine because it delivers about 30 percent more volume than a stock Harley pump. I asked him about oil to lower end at idle. I was told that it provides oil at idle or else the bottom end would freeze up.

Does anyone know the truth of the matter?  Good or bad experiance with either the Standard S&S or TP Classic or Ultima Standard / H.O. oil pumps ????

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.