Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fair price for extended warranty  (Read 890 times)

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Fair price for extended warranty
« on: October 05, 2020, 07:21:06 AM »

I am attempting to purchase more time on my extended warranty. It expires in 10 days and I can renew without inspection, although the bike is in perfect shape. Just trying to garner opinion on what a fair price would be to pay for two more years?
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Fair price for extended warranty
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 07:29:40 AM »

Going through the same thing. I was quoted $1905 with tax for two years from my dealer where I bought the bike the other day. No tire and wheel coverage. I asked about any kind of discount even using cash to pay so they don't get nailed with Bank fees and they wouldn't budge. May have to whine a little more with the sales manager about that as they gave me 10% off when I bought the bike almost 6 years ago.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 09:31:07 AM »

Don't let that price list sheet fool you it's a msrp list. So the dealer can sell it cheaper if they want to. Some dealer will have it on a speadsheet and not let you see the one you have. Called one dealer when looking for one for my wife's bike with less than 20k miles with the W/T opinion they wanted 3109 and it msrp is 2109. Dealer also has a sheet that has the price that they pay for it you will not see that one. I got it from another dealer for 2109 no tax and no fees. I guess the mothership is looking out for all the poblems on the M8 so don't under sell it. By the way it's a 3rd party sell.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 02:43:51 PM »

Don't let that price list sheet fool you it's a msrp list. So the dealer can sell it cheaper if they want to. Some dealer will have it on a speadsheet and not let you see the one you have. Called one dealer when looking for one for my wife's bike with less than 20k miles with the W/T opinion they wanted 3109 and it msrp is 2109. Dealer also has a sheet that has the price that they pay for it you will not see that one. I got it from another dealer for 2109 no tax and no fees. I guess the mothership is looking out for all the poblems on the M8 so don't under sell it. By the way it's a 3rd party sell.
By looking at the price you must have purchased a 3 year, with tire & wheel?
The "TAZMUN"

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 05:46:06 PM »

Yes 3 yrs with W/T

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.