Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome front end and oil tank  (Read 1443 times)

08CVOSPRNGER

• Junior CVO Member
Chrome front end and oil tank
« on: May 29, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »

Has anybody chromed the rest of the springer front end???? I want to have mine done, but was told you can't because of the rubber inserts on doqn tubes. Is that info or correct??? Also want a chrome oil tank, will a 2008-09 heritage tank work? They look the same.

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Chrome front end and oil tank
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »

Harley made Springer front ends all in chrome through 2006, so of course they can be chromed.
I'm not sure how to disassemble a Springer to chrome the rear fork, but I'm sure that it can be done with the proper tools and knowledge

Why not have your stock oil tank chromed at the same time that you have your forks chromed??  the bikes gonna be down anyway.......

chuckbutcher

• Chuck for...
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »

I 'heard' about a guy in Boise, ID that did it, from a member of the shop that installed it.  I have no idea what was entailed since I have no interest.  I really prefer the contrast = but then my FXSTSSE3 has plenty of chrome...

springer

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »

Don't see why you can't chrome a standard front end. I had a chrome front end installed from new, and glad I did as it stands out from all the other Springers. I was told at the time that if I didn't do it now then I would never do it as Harley were not going to be making any more Chrome Springer front ends. Guess I've got a rare bike in more than one count eh.  My painted front end is all wrapped up in the loft. Go for it. :drink:

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.