• Senior CVO Member
Re: stall
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »

any updates

DavidG_TKSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSEANV #631
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon/Slate (Traded)
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »

My 15 did this, it stalled twice while rolling and one at a stop sign. Every time I took it back to dealer they told me you need to put more miles on it granted it was in first month of ownership. Once I installed Fullsac, TTS and Steve's map I have never had that problem again.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »

I'm calling HD customer service today.
Bill

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »

good i'am glad your calling

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »

any updates
I spoke to my dealer's service manager about a month ago about this problem.  He and the lead tech were well aware of it, had experienced it themselves and noted a a couple customers who were picking up brand new bikes had almost dropped them leaving the parking lot because of this issue.  Lead tech said it was due to sluggish throttle response from off idle and he had successfully tuned it out of other bikes.  But I'm not paying any more Harley tax to get this sort of runability issue corrected.  No way, no how.  Been there, done that and not doing it again.

After speaking with moco tech support they wanted me to bring bike in to verify the ECM calibration - fancy way of saying to determine that I had not diddled with the map which I have not.  It is bone stock.  Service manager read ECM and advised that there was a newer calibration - 41000485B which he loaded.  My bike had the 'A' calibration.  Unfortunately it made no difference as I still experienced the hesitation a couple more times.  I advised him of this and he is in consult with the moco again.  Be nice to get this chit sorted.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »

I spoke to my dealer's service manager about a month ago about this problem.  He and the lead tech were well aware of it, had experienced it themselves and noted a a couple customers who were picking up brand new bikes had almost dropped them leaving the parking lot because of this issue.  Lead tech said it was due to sluggish throttle response from off idle and he had successfully tuned it out of other bikes.  But I'm not paying any more Harley tax to get this sort of runability issue corrected.  No way, no how.  Been there, done that and not doing it again.

After speaking with moco tech support they wanted me to bring bike in to verify the ECM calibration - fancy way of saying to determine that I had not diddled with the map which I have not.  It is bone stock.  Service manager read ECM and advised that there was a newer calibration - 41000485B which he loaded.  My bike had the 'A' calibration.  Unfortunately it made no difference as I still experienced the hesitation a couple more times.  I advised him of this and he is in consult with the moco again.  Be nice to get this chit sorted.

I believe all the updated calibration did was to raise the idle 100 rpm and delay the eitms coming on to soon.

pvanwagner

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »

My wife's bike is having this exact same issue. 

We purchased two 2017 SESG's on April 1st and I rode her's for the first time yesterday.  Mine is not suffering from this issue, but on her's the throttle sticks a little at the very first 5 or 6 mm's and doesn't return completely sometimes.

I believe what you'all are describing is the same issue as in, the throttle is probably not completely closed sometimes when it is shut down.  Her's idles about 100 or 150 rpm lower than mine too.  I did stall it once and fortunately it was upright at the time.  Two other times I almost stalled it going around a corner at an intersection and one of those times came very close to dropping it.  You have to be ready to apply a good amount of throttle when this happens.

Never had a problem like this for the last five years riding our 2011 Limited's so this one definitely needs to go in and have the throttle checked.
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
2012 Softail Slim (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Apple Green / Vivid Black (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Psychedelic Purple / Vivid Black (Sold)
2005 Softail Deluxe (Sold)
2003 Softail Heritage (Sold)
2002 Sportster 1200 Custom (Sold)

Gribbs

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »

I had this same thing happen to me on my 2016 CVO SG. I took it back to the dealer and they told me they had to reprogram it. But it happened a few times after that so I believe It definitely has something to do with the stock map. I purchased a PV2 and changed the map with an auto tune and so far so good I haven't had it happen since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 07:26:32 AM »

My bike now has 3500 miles on her and the stalling has no happened for over 2000 miles.
Bill

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 08:39:45 AM »

nothing new on this

pvanwagner

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »

We took my wife's bike in for this and the tech written resolution was:

"Unable to replicate issue.  Disassembled throttle grip assembly, cleaned and lubed friction points.  Problem resolved."

I was a little pissed off when I picked it up because I could replicate it every time I rode it.  After riding it I discovered that they had fixed the problem.  The problem in my opinion was the throttle sticking slightly open and the computer picking that up on shutdown / startup and setting the idle to that position of the grip throttle sensor.  That made it idle low when not stuck and casued sticking throttle problem at that barely open point.

Regardless, the clean and lube (dry lube) fixed the issue and her bike is running great.  Just FYI for anyone else having the same problem.
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
2012 Softail Slim (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Apple Green / Vivid Black (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Psychedelic Purple / Vivid Black (Sold)
2005 Softail Deluxe (Sold)
2003 Softail Heritage (Sold)
2002 Sportster 1200 Custom (Sold)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.