Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2017 CVO Street Glide with Full Sac 2.0" cores - comparision video  (Read 2151 times)

pvanwagner

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink

Put 2.0" Full Sac cores in both my wife's and my bikes.  Happy with the sound.

I took two videos after doing the wife's bike before I did mine.  These bikes have completely stock engines and exhaust.  The only change is the Full Sac cores on her bike for these videos:

The first one is a longer one that includes the startups:

The second one is a shorter video with both bikes already running and warmed up:

2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
2012 Softail Slim (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Apple Green / Vivid Black (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Psychedelic Purple / Vivid Black (Sold)
2005 Softail Deluxe (Sold)
2003 Softail Heritage (Sold)
2002 Sportster 1200 Custom (Sold)

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

Re: 2017 CVO Street Glide with Full Sac 2.0" cores - comparision video
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:06:38 PM »

Great, finally a side by side comparison. While doing my research on the Ful Sacs, I recall reading where Ful Sac says for a bike with no other changes, to use the 2.25's.  Whats your take on this? Curious if the 2.25's will have a deeper sound vs the 2.0's, as that seems to be the general opinion, regardless of brands.
Thanks for the video!

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers

Thank you for taking the time and posting this. It really does make a difference when you here the comparison(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 CVO Street Glide SE Starfire Black/Atomic Red with Screaming Eagle Stage II Exhaust, 117 Stage IV Motor, King TP Color Matched, Heated Grips. etc...
Prev: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers

pvanwagner

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2017 FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 11:54:46 AM »

Great, finally a side by side comparison. While doing my research on the Ful Sacs, I recall reading where Ful Sac says for a bike with no other changes, to use the 2.25's.  Whats your take on this? Curious if the 2.25's will have a deeper sound vs the 2.0's, as that seems to be the general opinion, regardless of brands.
Thanks for the video!

He recommended to me that we use the 2.0's since we may OR may not change our headers.  Since then he's progressed more with his testing with stock and with the headers he's planning on for the M8 and is now recommending the 2.0's for the header and 2.25's for stock pipes is the way I read his posts.

The 2.0's are not "loud".  If I were going to do it again I'd probably order the 2.25's and may go ahead and order a set of the 2.25's for just my bike.  The wife is happy the way they are.  It'd be easy to switch them out as desired.  Just loosen the heat shield (three bands with a 5/16" nut driver), remove the muffler tips (three screws that are Torx-40 if I remember right) and then remove the screw that you drilled the hole in to secure the core.  Shouldn't have to remove the muffle from the bike at all.

If I were going to do it all over again and knew I was keeping the headers stock I would order one set of tech mats and two sets of cores (1.75" and 2.25") so I could change them out as desired based on the planned riding.  That's a cool thing about these cores.
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Starfire Black / Atomic Red
2017 CVO Street Glide FLHXSE Candy Cobalt / Indigo Ink
2012 Softail Slim (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Apple Green / Vivid Black (Sold)
2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited Psychedelic Purple / Vivid Black (Sold)
2005 Softail Deluxe (Sold)
2003 Softail Heritage (Sold)
2002 Sportster 1200 Custom (Sold)

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:03:08 AM »

I installed the 2.25's 3 days ago. Just a little louder than stock. Still has the tin can fart sound, just with a bit deeper tone.  The search continues.....

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »

I installed the 2.25's 3 days ago. Just a little louder than stock. Still has the tin can fart sound, just with a bit deeper tone.  The search continues.....

If sound is the priority, why don't you try CFR's?
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 10:01:00 PM »

Sound as in a better sound, not louder is what I am after. I hate the rattling sound.  The M8's are new enough that hearing alot of different pipes isnt going to happen for awhile. RCX, Rhineharts, and V&H are everywhere, I wanted to listen to the others. I choose the Fullsacs as 1st attempt since they were the least cost and some of the sound clips online sounded like what I was after. Jackpot Hi Rollers was my 2nd choice, but alittle more than I want to spend to test the waters. Ill see if the FullSacs grow on me

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 10:30:22 PM »

When I got my 17 sound was very important to me. I struggled with many combos and finally ended up with the Fuel Moto head pipe (to be fair the Fullsac was not available or I probably would have gone with that) and CFR's. They are not as loud as I always thought they would be (definitely not as loud as the Boarzilla's on my 12 Roadglide) and have a amazing sound to me at least. Personally it is the best sound I have heard from any Harley. I also had the bike professionally tuned with a TTS so even with he CFR's it runs great.
Alan

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.