Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quiet baffles  (Read 1556 times)

Otter10111

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

Quiet baffles
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:56:47 PM »

What effect do they have on performance? Im done with all my engine mods and it just to loud now.

Desertwndrr

• Full CVO Member
Re: Quiet baffles
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:35:28 AM »

In both of my softails the quiet baffles seem to increase the torque.  I really like them and would never go back to the regular baffles.  They sound much better to me as well.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:59:35 AM »

Depends on the pipe. Some don't do much to change volume but do change tone. Generally they do add back pressure which may increase torque. Horsepower typically goes down a bit with more exhaust restriction.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:35:38 AM »

Otter, hopefully I can show you back to back pulls in the next few weeks with one pull being the Crusher Mellow and the other being Crusher Regular. How much of a build you have could play a lot of how much effort they have. I will say mine was tuned a few weeks ago against several peoples recommendation with the Mellows. I put the regular baffles in this weekend just to see what happened and my butt says the Mellows were holding the motor back. Noise wise I can't say that there is that much difference between the two. Going to try and retune in the next few weeks to see if my butt is accurate
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Otter10111

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:08:29 PM »

Thanks for your responses. I'm running the Vance and Hines twin slash with power duals. I look forward to seeing the difference in dynos. I'm thinking I might pull the baffles and wrap them with fiberglass exhaust wrap if not already wrapped. What kinda Dyno numbers are getting? I'm 107hp and 123tq.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:22:56 PM by Otter10111 »

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:41:01 AM »

With the quiet baffles we were at 119 Hp and 125 tq with 112 tq by 2500. Be really interesting to see what changes if any the baffle change makes

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »

Thanks for your responses. I'm running the Vance and Hines twin slash with power duals. I look forward to seeing the difference in dynos. I'm thinking I might pull the baffles and wrap them with fiberglass exhaust wrap if not already wrapped. What kinda Dyno numbers are getting? I'm 107hp and 123tq.

Otter took a little longer than I had planned so you may have already made a choice.
On my setup there was really no difference between the regular baffles vs the quiet baffle. Think there was a 2 hp increase and torque was like 2 ft lbs. Be that much variations in a dyno from day to day

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.