Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Info on Destroyer  (Read 12458 times)

D

Info on Destroyer
« on: August 27, 2008, 09:49:31 AM »

Just got a new Destroyer while in Sturgis.  It did not come with any manuals and I am having trouble finding simple stuff like fuel recommendations.  I have the original manuals on order but they will not be here in time to get the bike on the track tomorrow.  We will compete at the local track next season but would like to get the bike broke (rumour is special break in procedure?) before we have to stare at it all winter.  Any one raced one of these?  Any help at all would be great.  I am on my 3rd CVO 08FLHTCUSE3 and now this Destroyer.  What a RUSH!
D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Info on Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »

Just got a new Destroyer while in Sturgis.  It did not come with any manuals and I am having trouble finding simple stuff like fuel recommendations.  I have the original manuals on order but they will not be here in time to get the bike on the track tomorrow.  We will compete at the local track next season but would like to get the bike broke (rumour is special break in procedure?) before we have to stare at it all winter.  Any one raced one of these?  Any help at all would be great.  I am on my 3rd CVO 08FLHTCUSE3 and now this Destroyer.  What a RUSH!
D

Welcome aboard D!!! What a score. We don't hear of many guys picking these up anymore. How about some pics at the track when ya get it out there. Are you getting sponsored? AHDRA SE Destroyer Class racing? The breakin is probably a few low speed passes before getting into the 9's like it was designed to do. But if you'll be racing it, you'll be fixing it. So go for it bro!!! Have fun with it and enjoy this great site!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MarkB

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:57:59 PM »

I too have the same issue. Bought a Destroyer last week and again, no manual's or set up instructions came with the bike. The dealer says that they'll try to find something but I'm not holding out too much hope so will order my own. Any tips in the meantime, from those that have them, would be most appreciated.

Points for D that I've picked up so far are:

Loctite and re-torque the rear brake disc bolts.
Check torque on the water pump bolt as it's been known to come loose.
Ensure that the engine is up to full operating temperature before making a pass.
There have been problems with the delay boxes on the Pingel air shifter mechanism.

Other than that it seems to be an exceptionally well put together machine.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 06:09:02 PM »

May i ask how much you paid and what was sticker price when new? :drink:
Ridin Legend

MarkB

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »

Sorry, that's confidential...!

But a bit of digging around will tell you that they can be picked up (if you look carefully enough) for between $20k and $30k.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »

Any news or pics on you guys racing these Destroyers? I'd love to see some pics of our members at the track with one, and hear how you guys did! You guys still around or are these Destroyers relegated to Professional Drag racing now only? :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »

That's what you need Howie, there's one here at Thunder Mountain for sale, they always ask to much for their stuff.

http://www.thundermountainharley.com/new_vehicle_inventory.asp

Also 2 05 SE bikes

05 FLHTCSE2 3,843 miles $27,995

05 FLSTFSE  636 miles  $23,995

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.