Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New 2016 CVO Street Glide Boom II issues  (Read 6012 times)

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
New 2016 CVO Street Glide Boom II issues
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:01:15 PM »

Well I thought my sound system sounded a weak so I brought my bike in 2 have it checked. It turns out 3 out of 4 speakers where blown WTF. Not a good start with under 1100 miles.

Grizz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

Re: New 2016 CVO Street Glide Boom II issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 09:39:10 AM »

My right rear speaker blew on my 15 with <200 miles on the bike. It literally blew on the way home from the dealer when I bought the bike. I was pissed, It took 3 weeks, 3 speakers, and 2 amps before they figured it out. Turns out the wireing harness for the amp was not made correctly and it was causing some issues with the speakers and the amp. There were 4 wires that were in the wrong holes, 2 at the speaker to amp plug and 2 at the bike to amp plug in. But its been working like a champ for a year now :bananarock:. Now I have to re tape my right side SE tank badge because the moron put it on wrong and it is lifting off the tank... Always something :nixweiss:.  "You had one job..." >:(

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »

I feel lucky . I had 6500 miles before mine blew.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 11:05:38 AM »

How about a write up on the wires involved, wire colors and connectors, so I can look at mine to try to prevent the failure.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »

I love the bike and when working the sound system is awesome but it is quite frustrating especially when the service dept tells me it's a common problem. Hopefully the new speakers last but Unless they where defective it's probably going to happen again. They didn't say what caused the problem. The sound system is a big part of why I bought the bike! It rips when working properly

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10:35 AM »

In 2011 when BOOM first came out there was huge issues. Since 2011 I have replaced 7 head units, 2 amps, 1 set of tweeters, IPod module, IPod harness. All under warranty but it looks like they still cannot get it right. I will be going with the Iron Cross upgrade once the warranty is done. Till then, let them fix it.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »

At least this isn't an area that can cause human carnage from failure.  :drink:

enough cash will cure any problems for this common occurrence.

Rock on  :bananarock:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

J Heinlein

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 02:42:27 PM »

I have replaced both rear speakers in the bags twice now while under warranty on my 15 SESG.  I have asked my dealer what is going to happen when Sept rolls around for me and the two year warranty is up  ??   Ans, will have to see if and when they blow again.  WTF... I feel your pain. Won't keep them in stock and takes 5 to 7 business days b4 setting up for the replacement ones to get installed.   

G-Man

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »

I have had my 2015 SESG looked at by 4 shops for a total of 7 times, both amps have been replaced and yet the volume stills fads in and out all the time.  when it works it sounds great but when the sound fads in and out it sucks. The shops agree there is an issue and yet they will not fix it. I am going to try and call Harley themselves and see if I can get some help on this.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 07:03:35 PM »

My first upgrade was replacing the stock amp with an Arc Audio 600 watt amp and 4_focal 165krc speakers. . I did keep the head unit.  But everything else is gone. .  I needed to get the stock junk out of there while I was near Soundz in Daytona. . No problems or issues here. . . . . . Stuart.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 01:47:12 PM »

I have replaced both rear speakers in the bags twice now while under warranty on my 15 SESG.  I have asked my dealer what is going to happen when Sept rolls around for me and the two year warranty is up  ??   Ans, will have to see if and when they blow again.  WTF... I feel your pain. Won't keep them in stock and takes 5 to 7 business days b4 setting up for the replacement ones to get installed.
Answer: Probably same as me when my warranty had just ended by a few days and my Comp Assembly went in the early days. Sorry Charley NO GOOD WILL.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 04:22:17 PM »

Answer: Probably same as me when my warranty had just ended by a few days and my Comp Assembly went in the early days. Sorry Charley NO GOOD WILL.

My Answer:  For an issue that is repetitive while under warranty, they can't just wash their hands of it when the bike is two years plus one day old.  They can blow you off for a first time failure, but good manufacturers normally give a short grace period after the warranty is officially over.  But when there is a history of repeated failures where the "repair" didn't hold up, they might try to blow you off but a quick call to a decent lawyer will get that straightened out in no time.  You have legal rights, don't let the MoCo bluff you out of them.

I'm intrigued by the post from Grizz.  If there is a hidden issue like an incorrectly manufactured wiring harness that is the ultimate root cause of these failures, and if Harley knows about it and still plays dumb, these failures will just continue forever.  I often question the wisdom of Harley management, but it would take a really stupid bunch to just let these failures keep happening versus putting out a service advisory to dealers and notifying customers of suspect bikes to have the wiring connections checked.  Of course when it comes to H-D nothing surprises me anymore.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 06:00:18 PM »

So 3 new speakers system sounds great 1 hour later right rear speakers sounds like it's blowing again WTF.

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »

Does anyone have a 15 or 16 CVO Street Glide that doesn't have audio issues?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 06:46:49 PM »

I could not believe how cheap and crappy the Harley speakers are. . Think about it. . You are riding constantly with them cranked way up with a garbage amp.  Full of distortion. . No way it's going to last. . Really...  How could it. When you're about in the open.. You need clean sound. . More clean than even loud. . . I hate to say it. . It's never going to change while you keep replacing junk with more junk. .  Or you can do what I did did.  Replace it for quality components. . Unless you like going through this all the time. . .  Stuart
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.