Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Custom Dynamics front LED turn signals?  (Read 5770 times)

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Gone
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Limited
Custom Dynamics front LED turn signals?
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »

Anyone replaced their front turn signals with the Custom Dynamics LED set up? The one with the white light to the front and then amber when the signal is activated?
And issues? Computer etc. According to the mfg it's plug and play but you know how that goes. For me that means the same as "one size fits all" . Which i have found to mean one size fits none....

Thanks for any input

swkoch

Re: Custom Dynamics front LED turn signals?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:52:19 PM »

I have installed them on a 13 14 and 15 bikes.  The 14 and 15 where plug and play.  The 13 had to have a load equalizer but that was an easy install just follow the instructions. I think they look great if you have the LED headlight.

jmanderson6

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra CVO
    • CVO2: 2014 Softail Deluxe NON-CVO
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »

i changed mine and love them. but beware they didn't give me enough wire in the housing to pull out old bulb and disconnect. i ended up pulling the ground wire out of the harness. easy fix, but take caution. cvo's take a different light than normal production bikes. the electrical connection is different.

jmanderson6

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra CVO
    • CVO2: 2014 Softail Deluxe NON-CVO
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »

i changed mine and love them. but beware they didn't give me enough wire in the housing to pull out old bulb and disconnect. i ended up pulling the ground wire out of the harness. easy fix, but take caution. cvo's take a different light than normal production bikes. the electrical connection is different.

should note i have a 16 rgu cvo

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »

Just put them in my 2014 RK and love them.  Took two mins to install and no load equalizer necessary.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:18:09 AM »

I have them in my '13 and have to use a 'signal stabilizer'.  but the rushmore bikes with canbus do not need the signal stabilizer (aka load equalizer).  the signals may flash fast at first hookup, but there is a procedure to correct that as covered in the directions.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

OakleyFreak

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Amber/Citrus
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »

No issues and plug and play on my 2010

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 11:35:14 AM »

Have CD LEDs on front and rear. I only had to use the Inserts, no programmer or extra electronics. I did have to remove the outer ring as they were much to big. The outer ring came off super easy, had to scrape off some of the rubber / adhesive for the perfect flush fit though. This was for my 2013 BreakOut. I got the front ones right on the first try, right part, everything worked. I ordered the Rear and got the wrong part number (my fault). CD only offeres I think 70% $ return so be careful.

The front are amazing and both white and amber are significant improvement over the stock bulb.

The rear are great also considering those 2 billets serve as running, break and turn signal. They are always red but very bright. There is also a flasher unit you can get that make the break lights oscillate. Also, there is a light bar that goes under the fender to replace the reflector but I have not tried that. I can dig out the PArt numbers if anyone wants specifics for my model.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 06:45:52 PM »

Don't you already have LED's? Unless you just want the white run/amber turn I don't understand why you would change.
I have the two/tone in my '15 RGCVO. They were plug & play. You are only changing LED for LED so I would think you would have even swap with no problems.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »

Have CD LEDs on front and rear. I only had to use the Inserts, no programmer or extra electronics. I did have to remove the outer ring as they were much to big. The outer ring came off super easy, had to scrape off some of the rubber / adhesive for the perfect flush fit though. This was for my 2013 BreakOut. I got the front ones right on the first try, right part, everything worked. I ordered the Rear and got the wrong part number (my fault). CD only offeres I think 70% $ return so be careful.

The front are amazing and both white and amber are significant improvement over the stock bulb.

The rear are great also considering those 2 billets serve as running, break and turn signal. They are always red but very bright. There is also a flasher unit you can get that make the break lights oscillate. Also, there is a light bar that goes under the fender to replace the reflector but I have not tried that. I can dig out the PArt numbers if anyone wants specifics for my model.

He has a Road Glide, you are giving him Breakout info? Confused....So no one gets confused whatever you are talking about on removing the outer ring, this IS NOT something you do on a Road Glide.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »

Thanks everyone for your input. Yes i do have a 2016 CVO Limited. My fault for not being more specific in my original post. I am ordering the CD front turn signal LED set up and look for ward to the install and the additional forward lighting they provide without using the driving lights.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 07:13:09 PM »

Same thing happened to my trying to take out the stock turn light.  A little sh#t job turned into a big headache.  On the cvo rgu...  The morons the factory do not give you enough slack in the wire to disconnect and change out the bulb. . So get ready.... You will be heading for the dealer to replace the Deutch pins.  At least one.  The ground.  Then you get to pull the fairing off to get you the one inch of wire that should have been there in the first place. . Just wanted you to know what you will be in for.  Stuart

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:26 PM »

Same thing happened to my trying to take out the stock turn light.  A little sh#t job turned into a big headache.  On the cvo rgu...  The morons the factory do not give you enough slack in the wire to disconnect and change out the bulb. . So get ready.... You will be heading for the dealer to replace the Deutch pins.  At least one.  The ground.  Then you get to pull the fairing off to get you the one inch of wire that should have been there in the first place. . Just wanted you to know what you will be in for.  Stuart
Oh Oh.. Hopefully the Limited is easier because I am not about to start dismantling the bike to make the addition. Maybe I better take a look at the current factory install of the old turn signals just to be sure.
Several others have made the change with no issues it seems so perhaps you got a afternoon pay day Friday bike . I used to live near a GM plant and on pay day Fridays at lunch you would see all the guys from the line at the local liquor store drinking their lunch. We used to say never buy a car that came off the line on a pay day Friday in the afternoon.
Thanks for the heads up.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »

Don't you already have LED's? Unless you just want the white run/amber turn I don't understand why you would change.
I have the two/tone in my '15 RGCVO. They were plug & play. You are only changing LED for LED so I would think you would have even swap with no problems.
That's what i want. Don't like running the driving lights constantly and i have been told even with the LED headlight the bike is not visible enough from the front.   
And I'd rather not run high beam and driving lights all the time.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 09:22:22 PM »

Well looks like I may be in the same boat. I took the stock lenses off and tried to pry the bulb out . The LED bulb comes out but not far enough to unplug it or plug in a different one. Looks like i may just wait for a future service call to the dealer and have them just put them in. Rather have them deal with it than end up having to deal with splitting the fairing and tracking down wires etc.
PIA for such a simple project.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.