Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battery Replacement on CVO Deluxe  (Read 716 times)

dirtyike

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Deluxe
Battery Replacement on CVO Deluxe
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:41:37 PM »

Has anybody had to replace the battery on their CVO Softail Deluxe? I have seen other topics on battery life but I'm curious specifically to our bike.

I just replaced the battery a few days ago on my 2014 and it barely made it to 2 years which i find odd. Below is some info on my bike, just wondering if I just had a crappy battery from the day i purchased the bike or if it typically lasts this long.

1. Bike is always on tender when not in use, unless I'm on a out of town trip.
2. I usually ride the bike every weekend (total 13500+ miles)
3. The bike does not have any additional electronic accessory's other than what came on the bike

Symptons my bike had that the battery was going bad
-A few weeks/months ago the bike started to feel a slight hesitation on startups but nothing crazy
-Sometimes the bike had a delay in acknowledging my keyfob.. I replaced the batterys on both fobs and this would still occasionally happen
-I took my battery off the tender to wash it and when i went to start it up, it didnt. I had to put back on the tender let it charge for about 2 hours (still orange) to turn it on, once light turned green on the tender i decided to leave tender off bike for two days and try to start it since i was suspecting a bad battery....didnt start. I let it charge again with a different tender, waited for it to go green and unplugged didnt start after 48 hours. Replaced battery, waited 48 hours started fine, plugged to tender was fully charged within 15 minutes.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:44:22 PM by dirtyike »

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.