Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: New Corbin Heated Dual Tour  (Read 5835 times)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
New Corbin Heated Dual Tour
« on: July 12, 2007, 04:56:40 PM »

Yeah I know it's the middle of July , but I needed a new seat .. and was tired of the wintertime blues(butt)
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

nidan

• 1K CVO Member

Re: New Corbin Heated Dual Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »

It's all leather in what they call "Silver Sharkskin"  with blue flames.

Unlike my other Corbin this doesn't lower me. The front is a lot different than stock , letting the tank show more. 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »

Kewl....like the looks of that seat against the Blue.  The nose on the Corbins fit better, IMO, and the overall lines of the seat compliment the bike better.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:36:03 PM »

OK, while on the subject of seats.....just got back from a quick 50 mile cruise testing parts I just installed on the 06 SEUC (nothing fell off :2vrolijk_21:).  That seat sucks.
I immediately replaced the stock seat on the SEEG but I thought the Ultra stock seat would be better....no way.  Susan likes her part of the stock seat but the rider's part is terrible.  :soapbox: I put a Sundowner on the SEEG and it's great for me.  I don't really need heat all the time and can always put the stock back on in the winter for local rides if heat is needed.
So what to do?  I know TCBhm will say heated corbin because he loves to see me spend $$$$ :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: I have had
Corbins before and it took awhile to get my fat butt "trained" to the seat.  Tbone is thinking about the dual Corbin without the heat.
Any advice?  :nixweiss: I got to have some RELIEF!  :huepfenlol2:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »

I have a Corbin solo on my SEEG and just recently bought a Corbin heated Dual that is still in the box. I have never owned a more comfortable seat than the Corbin solo (after I broke it in) and when the fall chill comes, I'll put the dual heated on. IMHO Corbins are easily worth the $$$$$$$$$$.
On second thought, I may have to get it modified to fit the 08 Casper I put a deposit on today, I have no faith the HD seat on the new SE Ultra will be any better than the POS that came on my SEEG.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:41:50 PM »

Mark, congrats on the 08 !  A banana and a casper!  Sounds good to me. How long do you think you will have to wait?  You might as well
assume you have to get a new seat for it.  But the seat for the SEEG will not fit the UC buddy.   :cherry:   

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:56:45 PM »

Mark, congrats on the 08 !  A banana and a casper!  Sounds good to me. How long do you think you will have to wait?  You might as well
assume you have to get a new seat for it.  But the seat for the SEEG will not fit the UC buddy.   :cherry:   

CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT CHIT!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: A couple of months ago when I ordered the Corbin dual, I never thought of getting another bike. I just thought if I made the SEEG as comfortable as possible for my wife, I might be able to talk her into getting back on for the first time since we had our oldest child over 20 years ago. (you know, if I build it, they will come)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:58:23 PM by MJZ »

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »

Mark, if your Mrs. is like mine she will LOVE the seat on the SEUC
when you get....but you will not.  TCBHM warned me it would feel like you are sitting rite on the pan and he was right.  I have to be careful and not make Susan's seat less comfy while trying to fix my butt problem. :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
 :cherry:

nidan

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 06:53:16 AM »

Got a short test ride in last night and was very surprised.  Unlike the Gunfighter I had on my WG3 , this puppy was VERY comfortable right away. It may be the extra padding for the heater. It also is unusual in that it is taller than stock .  I didn't hook up the heat yeat as it's 90 and humid.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »

Mark, if your Mrs. is like mine she will LOVE the seat on the SEUC
when you get....but you will not.  TCBHM warned me it would feel like you are sitting rite on the pan and he was right.  I have to be careful and not make Susan's seat less comfy while trying to fix my butt problem. :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
 :cherry:

Hate to say I told you so, but..... ;D ;)  Suzanne never had a problem with her portion of the stock seat.  She actually likes the Corbin better though, as it does not bother her under her thighs like the stock one did.  The Corbin is a little bit narrower where the legs are.  The heat in the seat makes the Corbin a bit softer on top...it's the thin layer of extra foam.  The heat in the Corbin, IMO, is much better than the stock...more evenly distributed and the controller works better.  It has to be cold for me to need it on high, but on low for Suzanne, it has never bothered me at all.  Disconnecting the rider part of the heat would probably not be a big deal to do...it's just figureing out which wires go from controller to rider heating pad.

Mark...the 08 seat pan is going to be different because of them relocating the ECM (I would think)...also the bigger tank may be an issue as well.  It's going to be the same old POS as the 06/07...feels good for about an hour.  HD gets 900 bucks for that seat, not including the backrest, and it's just a big black turd...

TTS Mastertune

nidan

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »

With the backrest on , yeah I know it's not an exact match .. it's from my last seat but it's close and will work fine

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 03:09:41 PM »

Hate to say I told you so, but..... ;D ;)  Suzanne never had a problem with her portion of the stock seat.  She actually likes the Corbin better though, as it does not bother her under her thighs like the stock one did.  The Corbin is a little bit narrower where the legs are.  The heat in the seat makes the Corbin a bit softer on top...it's the thin layer of extra foam.  The heat in the Corbin, IMO, is much better than the stock...more evenly distributed and the controller works better.  It has to be cold for me to need it on high, but on low for Suzanne, it has never bothered me at all.  Disconnecting the rider part of the heat would probably not be a big deal to do...it's just figureing out which wires go from controller to rider heating pad.

Mark...the 08 seat pan is going to be different because of them relocating the ECM (I would think)...also the bigger tank may be an issue as well.  It's going to be the same old POS as the 06/07...feels good for about an hour.  HD gets 900 bucks for that seat, not including the backrest, and it's just a big black turd...

Terry , you LOVE saying I told you so!!!  >:( Ha.  Is the Corbin passenger part narrower where the butt rests or just where the legs extend?  :nixweiss: Susan would not want narrower where she sits you know. Maybe I should just buy a gel pad for me......cheapest solution for sure...if it works. 

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »

Terry , you LOVE saying I told you so!!!  >:( Ha.  Is the Corbin passenger part narrower where the butt rests or just where the legs extend?  :nixweiss: Susan would not want narrower where she sits you know. Maybe I should just buy a gel pad for me......cheapest solution for sure...if it works. 

Warren,

I've got the Corbin on the red bike. I can bring it over and let Susan try it out if you're interestred.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 04:43:22 PM »

Warren,

I've got the Corbin on the red bike. I can bring it over and let Susan try it out if you're interestred.
Chuck, I may just take you up on that......she's in Fla for a few days now.
Did you get the heated version?  Where did you get your loan? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Thanks,
Warren

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 04:46:19 PM »

If any at all where the butt is, it's maybe 1/2".  The whole seat is just so much "tighter", it's really hard to tell.  The specs on the seat say it is very slightly more narrow on both rider and passenger ends.  I never noticed the difference in width, other than my legs...same with Suzanne.

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »

Chuck, I may just take you up on that......she's in Fla for a few days now.
Did you get the heated version?  Where did you get your loan? :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Thanks,
Warren

Me too, but not with your wife.  :o

I got mine directly from Corbin, but could have gotten 20% off if I had used my favorite dealer.  >:(

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 06:57:31 PM »

Me too, but not with your wife.  :o

I got mine directly from Corbin, but could have gotten 20% off if I had used my favorite dealer.  >:(

OK Chuck, where EXACTLY are YOU in Fla.?  And where were YOU last night?  And where is Pinkie? 
I assume you are not on your bike unless you have one of the few 07's that are actually running!!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :cherry:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 07:04:45 PM »

OK Chuck, where EXACTLY are YOU in Fla.?  And where were YOU last night?  And where is Pinkie? 
I assume you are not on your bike unless you have one of the few 07's that are actually running!!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :cherry:

We're down here west of Ocala, Beverly Hills, for my mom's :2vrolijk_06:. She's 29, again. We came down in the cage this morning and glad we did because it has A/C and it's July. Pinkie is here too.  ;D

Tomorrow we head to Tampa for the :2vrolijk_06: party. 

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 07:11:28 PM »

We're down here west of Ocala, Beverly Hills, for my mom's :2vrolijk_06:. She's 29, again. We came down in the cage this morning and glad we did because it has A/C and it's July. Pinkie is here too.  ;D

Good for you buddy....always spend as much time with your folks as possible.  Ok if I go by and take the Cherry for a spin and check out the seat?? Ha

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18:58 PM »

Good for you buddy....always spend as much time with your folks as possible.  Ok if I go by and take the Cherry for a spin and check out the seat?? Ha

That would be great. The keys are on the seat. I would appreciate someone putting it back together for me.  ;D

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 08:19:54 PM »

That would be great. The keys are on the seat. I would appreciate someone putting it back together for me.  ;D
Oh chit....never mind!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 08:38:59 PM »

Hey Pinkie, Happy Birthday from me and Binx!!! Enjoy your birthday vacation! We'll see you in Hot Springs! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 09:48:34 PM »

Hey Pinkie, Happy Birthday from me and Binx!!! Enjoy your birthday vacation! We'll see you in Hot Springs! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Dude. We're in FL to celebrate my mom's b'day. Are your eyes crossed?  :nixweiss:

Remember, it's puff, puff, pass. The pass is very important.  :D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

Dude. We're in FL to celebrate my mom's b'day. Are your eyes crossed?  :nixweiss:

Remember, it's puff, puff, pass. The pass is very important.  :D
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :beatnik:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 09:54:33 PM »

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :beatnik:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

That's our Howie.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.