Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: zumo 665  (Read 3799 times)

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
Re: zumo 665
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »

I'm going to have to try again.  Been waiting on them for two weeks now, they informed me that it was coded wrong (took many calls to get that far as well), and at the time I activated, it was a known issue for two weeks.

How long does it take for someone to reenter the proper code in their internal database is beyond me.  :nixweiss:

To make matters worse, I got charged the activation fee, and when the 1st guy went to reverse it, he charged me a second time.  :oops:

Was there anything special you did other than just constantly calling in till you got a decently trained op?

[/quote

What yo may have to do is have the signal resent to your unit.  You can either call them or if you have access to your account you can go to your account , click on your radio unit and then you will see an option to resend the signal.  may take 15-20 minutes for the signal to arrive. 

I think I just got lucky. The agent that finally set me up was not a native english speaker as far as I could tell. She just must've been familiar with it. The key I think is that you have to get them to know it is not for an airplane, but rather a motorcycle/(car).

Did not have to wait at all, though--Just the 20 minutes or so for the signal to be resent.

Ever since it has worked great, and she even started the 3 months free all over again without me asking for it. (I spent almost a month trying to get it resolved.)

Good luck.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »

Glad they finally got you the correct signal.

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 09:48:58 PM »

Finally installed my 665.  Turns out that the extra mount that I purchased from the dealer is required to mount the fairing mount that comes in the box if you want a nicer install look.  The dealership mount creates a more factory look to the whole setup.  Makes it look like it "came that way".  Check out my you tube video which shows the mount pretty clearly. 

< 

If one wanted to have a "clean" install but still be able to have the GPS with the XM capability in their vehicle, purchasing a separate antenna may be the best choice.  In researching the GXM-40 antenna, it seems to be on sale for just above $200 at a great deal of resalers.  This way, you could mount one antenna permanently under the fairing and move the second one from your vehicle, to your boat, etc.  Ride on!

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »

So been calling on a hit and miss schedule, depending on whether I felt like dealing with them again.

I think I've been waiting to get this resolved since the middle of November.

Anyhow, finally struck gold today.

Took about 14 calls not including a call where she said, "Here, I'm resending the activation signal *click*" and hung up on me without any chance to describe my problem.  Nor, the 3 times I got disconnected and had to start all over.  Did I mention I also had some billing issues from all this that I had to call in a few times for as well?  :'(

In any event, last week, I got a tech who rode and had a clue.  He recoded my unit so that it could get the NavWeather and NavTraffic and reset my trial period for 3 months, and refunded the pro-rated portion of what I had already paid for.  However, all I got was the basic weather subscription (only gives you the 3 day weather forcast).  In my account settings, my radio showed XMWX capable receiver with xm radio everything (or something like that).  I was getting closer.

Today I decided to give it another shot.  To deal with them, I have to first pull the bike out of the garage (can't get a signal in there) and connect the unit.  Then grab the phone and proceed to try and get past the listener care agent who answers to tech support with as minimal effort as possible.

Today, the tech I got finally got it coded to NavTraffic & NavWeather with XM Everything.  What do you know, it works. :P  Once I read this thread, I kept informing them that it wasn't an airplane or boat weather unit, but a car/motorcycle gps unit.  Didn't always work, but persistence pays off I guess.  Shouldn't be that hard, but glad it is behind me now.

If you have to go through this, try calling in the early morning on a weekday.  You'll have a better chance of getting good reps.  Also, make sure to explain that more than likely a tech support representative will be required to fix the issue.  There are more than a few listener care reps who think it's a simple matter to fix or can't be done and will cost you 30 min of your time and back to square one you go.

Good luck to anyone else who has this issue still.

- End Rant -   :soapbox:
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:39 PM »

Finally installed my 665.  Turns out that the extra mount that I purchased from the dealer is required to mount the fairing mount that comes in the box if you want a nicer install look.  The dealership mount creates a more factory look to the whole setup.  Makes it look like it "came that way".  Check out my you tube video which shows the mount pretty clearly. 

< 

If one wanted to have a "clean" install but still be able to have the GPS with the XM capability in their vehicle, purchasing a separate antenna may be the best choice.  In researching the GXM-40 antenna, it seems to be on sale for just above $200 at a great deal of resalers.  This way, you could mount one antenna permanently under the fairing and move the second one from your vehicle, to your boat, etc.  Ride on!

If you go the 2 GXM-40 route you will have to have 2 XM subscriptions. The GXM-40 is the actual XM receiver not the 665

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »

Thanks for the correction.  I was wondering why that stupid antenna cost so much, but figured the receiver was still in that expensive gps unit.  Thanks again.  That's why this forum is so valuable.

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »

Doh, there goes my idea of getting another GXM-40 for the car.  For one, the hell if I'm going through all that again to get the other antenna activated correctly.  :P

But seriously, that is good information to know.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:52:06 AM by Envithyx »
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »

Guys,
I heard somewhere that tech support in India MUST transfer you to an American if you request one. "I want to speak to an American, please" has never failed me.

When the Indian rocket blew up last week, I'll bet they requested someone at NASA) :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.