Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ipod = LAME  (Read 2812 times)

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Ipod = LAME
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 07:18:43 PM »

Yep.....I will buy one too as long as it has the B&S on the back.

No, B&S but Engraving is free http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_nano?aid=www-ipodtab-engrave-q2fy10-0001

"Make it a gift they’ll never forget by adding a personal laser-engraved message to any iPod. It’s easy and it’s free. Just add your personal message after selecting your iPod."

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »

The sad part is the mindset that convinced the folks at H-D that the addition of an iPod would be important to sales or corporate profits.  I for one can't ever remember buying a specific vehicle just because it came standard with a particular audio device.  It might make a tiny bit of sense if they were offering something unique that you can't buy elsewhere, but even an old guy like me is pretty familiar with iPod's these days (I've got three at the moment).  I'd much rather see Harley spend their money, time, and effort on improving the mechanical bits and pieces so the products do a better job at what we buy them for.  If I just want to listen to tunes, I don't need a Harley for that.

Jerry

I doubt that HD was thinking that adding an iPod interface would increase sales. Typically technology and convenience adds are done not to increase sales, but to not decrease sales. If major competitors have a direct iPod interface, then it becomes an "expected" technology at a given price point. So it isn't a matter of "I'm buying this because it has direct iPod control" but more-so "Why doesn't it have iPod control? Victory, BMW, Honda has it - maybe I should look at them".

Case in point - we were casually shopping around for a new car and had heard good things about the re-designed Chevy Malibu. Went out and built one on the web and it came out to around $28K I think. No option - and I mean NO ability to add - a factory Nav unit. I looked at the car no further. No matter how good the car may be, the lack of available factory Nav at $28K sticker (even if it was a $2G option) made me lose total interest in buying one. Didn't even want to test drive it.

I think direct iPod control is now considered (regardless if people see value in an iPod or not) an expected option on any vehicle that has an "upgraded" audio system. It is fast becoming an expected technology even on base-level factory audio systems.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Retro 11

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 08:46:16 AM »

Just learned how to use mine and I like it, but still wish it had a CB unit.
              Retro 11

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »

I have no idea what you guys are talking about to be honest.  Must be a generation thing, no offense.  I have never used a CB in my life, but I use my IPod daily.  I use it while running with my Nike fit set up since it tracks my mileage.  I use it for watching podcasts (video) when I am traveling via plane, and of course I use it everytime I ride.  I think having the built in interface was a great idea for the moco.  It wasn't "the" reason that I bought the SESG but it was "one" of the reasons that I liked the 11 SESG.  For my edification, maybe I am missing something, what can you do besides the obvious, with a CB??  Who are you in need of talking to while riding?  I have a bike to bike and rider to passenger helmet intercom set for long rides.  I don't understand the value of a CB???

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 06:50:50 PM »

CB's are nice for riding in a group. Much longer range than the Intercom things. What's wrong with having both?   ;)
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 01:43:37 AM »

CB's are nice for riding in a group. Much longer range than the Intercom things. What's wrong with having both?   ;)

To be honest, riding in a group is the only time I have ever used the CB...but, I must say that when I needed it for that, it was great to have.

The Ipod thingy is just a nice luxury...but, now that I have it, it's great!!  :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 05:27:06 AM »

To be honest, riding in a group is the only time I have ever used the CB...but, I must say that when I needed it for that, it was great to have.

The Ipod thingy is just a nice luxury...but, now that I have it, it's great!!  :2vrolijk_21:
+1 ... I tested my CB out with DOOFUS the other day to make sure both of ours worked.  The only time I use mine is when riding in a group and some of the others have CBs also.  Otherwise it's off.  The iPod addition was nice, but I definitely didn't buy the SERGU because of it.  In fact, I'm not going to put it on my SESG because my 660 handles the MP3 duties on it.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.389 seconds with 21 queries.