Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56504 times)

vinnieee

• Orange Jewel
Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »

At 1,200 miles my speakers (either left or right) would stop working, then a few hundred mile later the stereo was dead. I spoke to the dealer when I was getting it ready for storage and they suggested I wait for next spring they will take a look at it. It takes me two hours just to get to the dealer, so I'm going to see if they will order the amp now so it will be ready by April 2012.
Fullsac stage 1

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2011, 09:49:02 AM »

I would but the dealer might not order it unless they analyze the problem so they can confirm it. Stay on top of this. I would get it done now. My dealer kept telling me that they need more time with my ride. I was not willing to loose any more seat time so after 13 visits i agreed to take it in when the riding season is over so they can spend more time riding. You don't want to fall into the same trap. Get it done now.

Still riding. :2vrolijk_21:

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »

Listening to some tunes again after the replacement amp was installed today. It took less than a month to get it to Korea. Real happy to have music again and hoping this one will give longer service.

Well eight months of tunes and today it's the same old story. No tunes. Had the bike in a week ago for replacement of the bat wing with a paint problem and hopefully there is a connection issue. Otherwise I will be waiting on another amp. Sucks.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2012, 10:35:10 AM »

Well eight months of tunes and today it's the same old story. No tunes. Had the bike in a week ago for replacement of the bat wing with a paint problem and hopefully there is a connection issue. Otherwise I will be waiting on another amp. Sucks.

Been there done that with the connections and wiring. The wiring should be ok. Insist that they check your tweeters. Ask them to disconnect all speakers one by one. If just one of them is bad it will make the amp cut in and out. Then they THINK it is the amp.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »

Been there done that with the connections and wiring. The wiring should be ok. Insist that they check your tweeters. Ask them to disconnect all speakers one by one. If just one of them is bad it will make the amp cut in and out. Then they THINK it is the amp.

Thanks Mano I will give them that info. This one just went silent. Working one minute and gone.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »

Here we go.....after talking to the service adviser and then the mechanic who looked at my bike they told me that the ipod was defective. :-\. The computer download even directed the problem to the ipod. They took my ipod and placed it in another unit and they told me that the left channel was no good. Put another ipod in my bike and it worked fine. They even went for a test ride and it did not fail. Then they told me that I have to take the ipod to an Apple center to get it tested.....i said WHAT  >:(. This a warranty issue and i am not going to do the leg work. After debating the issue they took my ipod and i went home. I received a phone call today which i missed and went to voice mail. It said.....we had your ipod tested and there is nothing wrong with it. We think it could be the ipod harness. Can you bring your bike back....ish. They had it for a day and a half and now they want it again for another day and a half since i have to leave it the night before and pick it up the next day....not cool....since i have to have the wife drop me off and pick me up each time too....ish. Why do i think when it is all said and done they will say......your amp is no good.

You got to love the HD dealers around Toronto eh? Then new Toronto dealer went belly up after 2 seasons. Nice!!!   I find we get crappy, rude, and conceded treatment form HD dealers up here in Canada!!! They make you feel like they are doing you the favor! Real posers!!!
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2012, 09:47:49 PM »

You got to love the HD dealers around Toronto eh? Then new Toronto dealer went belly up after 2 seasons. Nice!!!   I find we get crappy, rude, and conceded treatment form HD dealers up here in Canada!!! They make you feel like they are doing you the favor! Real posers!!!
[/quote

I hear ya. If you go to the Street Glide section there is a life story on this topic but saying that I think this was just Toronto Harley. I took my bike to another dealer and it was repaired in 5 days and that included waiting for parts.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.