Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Best camera for *on the go* picture taking  (Read 6117 times)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Best camera for *on the go* picture taking
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:12 AM »

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for suggestions for the best camera for taking quality pictures while riding. One that can be hung around your neck and available for use at the spur of the moment.

The small camera that I have now takes too long to turn on and has a huge lag from the time of pushing the button to actually taking the picture. No way to captur a picture while riding.

Looking for suggestions with backup info.

Thanks, Rick
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
Re: Best camera for *on the go* picture taking
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:00:54 AM »

:bananarock:go to your local friendly camera dealer and tell them money not a problem, tell them what you want and how to use and see what they come back with. Then ask the same question within your budget. I did this last year for the same reason, our old camera took too long to focus and setup, you missed the opportunity. It's my wifes job to take the photo's when we are on the move, in the arm chair on the RG Ultra, so she does'nt need to hold on.
I ended up with the Canon Powershot S95. Not cheap, Excellent camera, great quaility pics. It has the super fast canon lens system. Possible this has already been superceded, but check out the spec and reviews on google, will give you an idea. it's light and easy to use and carry.     :2vrolijk_21:

er indoors was very happy with this Christmas prezzie.
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

canucktm

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12:58 AM »

Love my Canon G35. Road my bike from Calgary south to New Mexico then east across middle America did the Dragon's tail then North back home to Nova Scotia. This camera was excellent. High quallity images , large screen , video , easy to operate with fingerless gloves.   Not cheap. I think the new model is called the G37. Check it out ! Good luck Mr. Warlock !

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »

I've been most successful with the Nikon D-60.  While it's a bit big, especially since I don't have a BSR sitting back there with nothing else to do but snap pics and I'm often taking them at 80 mph, it is the smallest Nikon DSLR camera.
I'm sure you've seen all my ride and picture reports.  I'm able to use it with my gloves on and in automatic setting, can take many pics in rapid fire by just pushing and holding the button down. :2vrolijk_21:

As far as the quality of pictures in a small point and shoot poket camera (small enough to go in shirt pocket) is the Canon that Don (DDavidson) uses.  He did a thread on it here, if you want to do an advanced search.  Or maybe he'll post here.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 10:11:04 AM »

For a pocket camera the Canon Powershot S95 is an excellent choice.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 10:49:11 AM »

Here's a link to the thread where Don posted many pics and then the info. on his camera on the second page of this thread.  Keep in mind that he bought the camera just before he left on his cross country trip and didn't know anything about the camera......some really nice pics for somebody that didn't know what they were doing........just point and shoot.....    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=67692.0     
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:57:19 AM »

This is not exactly a pocket camera...more like a jacket pocket camera...but the Canon G12 (latest itteration) is robustly built, has a nice, large display, and if you choose to do so, has some manual features like a "real" camera.  Or you can just put it on Auto and shoot.  Useful zoom range on the lens, and Image Stabilization.  Decent pictures as high as ISO 800 for lower light shots.  I have the G10 (earlier version), and under the right conditions, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and my D300 Nikon with regards to image quality.  It has the look/feel sort of like a Rangefinder camera.  Metal chassis, dials instead of having to dig through menus, no shutter lag to speak of, focuses quickly, and comes on and ready to shoot very quckly.  And it's got a nice battery and charger.  Up to 370 shots.  Also will shoot RAW images, if you want to get serious with it.  I would have no problem using this camera as full blown backup to my backpack full of Nikon gear.  It also has a very usable flash range, and a hotshoe if you want to use a "real" flash.  IMO, it's about as close as you can get to DSLR performance without getting a DSLR.

Here's some reviews:  http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_g12-review
If you really want a detailed review:  http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/G12/G12A.HTM
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »

There is still a market for high end cameras but these "pocket cameras" are going by way of the "dodo" bird.

For example look at the iPhone 4s...8 megs picture quality, cropping, anti shake, red eye reduction etc. If it is "point and click" that you want for 4x6 or 5x7 pictures, 8 megs will more than get the job done.

And you don't have to carry a phone and a camera.

JMHO.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »

Anne didn't like holding the Nikon D90 so the D300s or D700 is out of the question...so the BSR needs a a low-lag time P&S camera.

The best lowest  lag camera we ever had was a Sony cybershot P100 a few years ago...back in 2006.  But we went through two as the lens mechanisms both failed eventually.  The Canon SD800is was not as good but did fairly well...its case eventially failed.  Our canon SX200is sucks wind!  

That lag caused by auto exposure and auto focus is tough.  I played with the settings but so far nothing works well for the times she sees something to photograph to the time the photo is taken even with the camera on.  Often, she missed the shot.  The upshot is the camera is hunting for the exposure and the focus and on a moving bike, that can be tough.  

I have tried the G12 and still the same problem.

I can't be pleased I guess....actually, my dSLRs are pleasing to me...
Bill
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:05:16 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »

Agree with all your points, Bill.  As long as you are taking shots more or less at an "infinity" type situation, everything works relatively well.  If you're trying to take a photo of a specific object, relatively close to the moving bike, most cameras are going to have difficulty, especially if you're approaching the object, rather than it being off to the side.

TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »

Several years ago I went to the local camera store (chain) and asked that question - best p&s for quick response.  I tried several he recommended and settled on the Nikon Coolpix.  I am on my third one now (none of them like being dropped, lol).  and it is a 10megapixel but it is a couple years old.  I am sure the current version has more.  Great little camera and bsr has taken some good shots while riding.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »

X2 on the Canon Powershoot S95. GREAT camera  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »

With the mirrorless cameras coming out, a lot of stuff is about to change.

TTS Mastertune

480Ruger

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 09:10:28 PM »

I love my Sony Cyber-shot HX9V.  From Dodge City to Durango, Gillette to Milwaukee most of the pictures were at speed.  Great zoom, wide angle and instant shots.  Even the wildlife on the side of the road came out perfect.
03 FLSTFI
   95" stage 3
04 VRSCB
   PC-3
   Rhineharts
10 FLHTCUSE5
   Bub 7 TDX
   Zipper's MaxFlow
   Tmax

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »

Any camera made by Lumix.  This is a partership with Panasonic and Leica.  I have had 3 of them, and extremly impressed with them.  A number of pros use them, including the group that was doing the audio/visual work at the HOG HOT events this year.  My newest is a mirrorless SLR, but not what you would want for a point and shoot.
Spada84
NoSofa!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for suggestions for the best camera for taking quality pictures while riding. One that can be hung around your neck and available for use at the spur of the moment.

The small camera that I have now takes too long to turn on and has a huge lag from the time of pushing the button to actually taking the picture. No way to captur a picture while riding.

Looking for suggestions with backup info.

Thanks, Rick
Great question Rick have been wondering about what everyone was using while riding. Had thought about a Nikon Coolpix, but the one Don uses takes some good pics...Hmmmm
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 07:08:46 AM »

Thanks everybody for the excellent suggestions. Now a little more research and make a decision. I saw Dons at MV but didn't get a chance to talk to him about it. It surely takes good pics.

Thanks again,
Rick
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 07:24:29 AM »

GoPro Hero 2. 11 megapixel camera. 1080p video. Can do 10 shot bursts per second. Waterproof case. You can mount it anywhere.  :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 03:08:17 AM »

GoPro Hero 2. 11 megapixel camera. 1080p video. Can do 10 shot bursts per second. Waterproof case. You can mount it anywhere.  :2vrolijk_21:

Want to thank you for this particular post in this thread.  Just picked a GoPro Hero 38 days ago and a 2nd a few days later.

When I read your post a few days back I was like 10 shots?  Double take, Hero 2?   :soapbox:

Guess they released it about 2-3 weeks after I bought the 1st cam.  Luckily, I was able to exchange the two today for the new Hero 2s with no extra cost.  Gotta love having a 45 day return policy with no questions asked.

Again, thanks for making me aware of the new cam.  :2vrolijk_21:  Oh, and that 10 shot burst is flipping nuts.
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »

We have a small Canon that is great. Fast recovery and easy to use one handed. Looked at the Nikon ?model, and didn't like the way the flash popped up on top. It would get in the way while taking pics, as the left hand index finger rests there.  Harley makes a magnetized camera case for small cameras. It has magnets in the case and it sits on your gas tank for easy access. One of my great accessories, I love it.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »

With the mirrorless cameras coming out, a lot of stuff is about to change.

Terry,

I ended up getting Anne the Nikon J1 in RED to use on the back of the bike.  I really liked the fast focus with little noticable lag...but of course I was stationary rotating around to test!   :stars:  While ordering, I added a new weapon in my Arsenal, the Nikon 24mm f/1.4G  ... Amazingly fast.  I just need to get better...by accident, I left my D700 in DX mode while using it, Doh!

Also just ordered the FT-1 Adapter so I can put my 70-200 on it!  With the 2.7 Crop, that is a 189-540mm f/2.8 lens!  I can only dream about the Nikon 200 f/2.0 but being a DINK has it's advantages so maube someday!

Also, have you seen this: XUME.  Makes putting my ND and Polarizer filters on and off a breeze.  Pretty strong magnets...but would NOT trust it riding of course.  I have broken a "protection" filter when I was in hawaii last Feb. so I do like using them in certain instances.  This allows me to take them off right quick.

Bill
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM by WFP »

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »

Using a Nikon D5000....

While it isnt a "point and shoot" camera.. it can do rapid fire.. a nice feature to have for the BSR.

I do note that it is better not using the lens view feature when on the fly.

Very good DSLR but it is heavy and bulky.. the D90 seems to work well for a friend who does a lot of BSR taken pics in the group....  following the link in my sig will take you there.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »

Want to thank you for this particular post in this thread.  Just picked a GoPro Hero 38 days ago and a 2nd a few days later.

When I read your post a few days back I was like 10 shots?  Double take, Hero 2?   :soapbox:

Guess they released it about 2-3 weeks after I bought the 1st cam.  Luckily, I was able to exchange the two today for the new Hero 2s with no extra cost.  Gotta love having a 45 day return policy with no questions asked.

Again, thanks for making me aware of the new cam.  :2vrolijk_21:  Oh, and that 10 shot burst is flipping nuts.

I am seriously thinking about buying one of these......does anyone have any video of one on a ride?
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »

I am seriously thinking about buying one of these......does anyone have any video of one on a ride?

There are several posted.  Do a search on this forum "go pro, gopro, etc."  There's a lot of gopro videos on the Pashnit forum.

Since I don't have a BSR, all my pictures were taken with the Nikon D-60.....the best camera out there for the FSR (Front Seat Rider)  :huepfenlol2:

The most recent (but it'll change this weekend)....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=69501.0 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:42:35 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »

Terry,

I ended up getting Anne the Nikon J1 in RED to use on the back of the bike.  I really liked the fast focus with little noticable lag...but of course I was stationary rotating around to test!   :stars:  While ordering, I added a new weapon in my Arsenal, the Nikon 24mm f/1.4G  ... Amazingly fast.  I just need to get better...by accident, I left my D700 in DX mode while using it, Doh!

Also just ordered the FT-1 Adapter so I can put my 70-200 on it!  With the 2.7 Crop, that is a 189-540mm f/2.8 lens!  I can only dream about the Nikon 200 f/2.0 but being a DINK has it's advantages so maube someday!

Also, have you seen this: XUME.  Makes putting my ND and Polarizer filters on and off a breeze.  Pretty strong magnets...but would NOT trust it riding of course.  I have broken a "protection" filter when I was in hawaii last Feb. so I do like using them in certain instances.  This allows me to take them off right quick.

Bill

24 1.4...Geez, I can only dream!!  From all reviews, that is a fantastic lens.  Great lens for a FX camera though.  The new format is very interesting though, and from your report, sounds even more interesting.  Me...I'm still using the G10 and my old trusty D300.  Waiting for the D400 or the D400s (inevitable).  My "serious" stuff is still on a tripod.  I've added a bunch of new Galleries:  www.terrycrain.imagekind.com   Not all are great, but some of them blow some people's skirt up.   :huepfenlol2:

TTS Mastertune

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »

I can't find the upwardly blown skirts..............

iPhone using Tapatalk
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »

iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry...my photos are family friendly... ;)

TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »

iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick.....they're still hanging on the clothes line! ;D

West Coast GTG   

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »

Lots of good info here. I like Canon having several of them from pocket size to interchangeable lense bodys. Look for a camera that will take several photos in rapid succession when you hold down the shoot button. Also you need the feature that auto adjusts for any camera motion. I can't hold a camera still so I shoot 3-4 times in rapid succession. At least one of those pictures comes out clearly focused even when the camera is in motion. Nothing worse than a great photo that comes out blurry and not crisp. I use the sport action setting on everything for that reason.

jb

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »

24 1.4...Geez, I can only dream!!  From all reviews, that is a fantastic lens.  Great lens for a FX camera though.  The new format is very interesting though, and from your report, sounds even more interesting.  Me...I'm still using the G10 and my old trusty D300.  Waiting for the D400 or the D400s (inevitable).  My "serious" stuff is still on a tripod.  I've added a bunch of new Galleries:  www.terrycrain.imagekind.com   Not all are great, but some of them blow some people's skirt up.   :huepfenlol2:

Yeah, B&H loves me...that $50 gift card i got for Christmas does not go far...we'll see if I can spend it  ::) when I stop in on Sunday after going to the NY MC Show at the Javits Center on Saturday in a few weeks.

BTW, beatuiful stuff on your site!

Bill

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »

Lots of good info here. I like Canon having several of them from pocket size to interchangeable lense bodys. Look for a camera that will take several photos in rapid succession when you hold down the shoot button. Also you need the feature that auto adjusts for any camera motion. I can't hold a camera still so I shoot 3-4 times in rapid succession. At least one of those pictures comes out clearly focused even when the camera is in motion. Nothing worse than a great photo that comes out blurry and not crisp. I use the sport action setting on everything for that reason.

jb

Canon makes great stuff too...you see a lot of white lenses at sports events.  I'm a Nikon guy, and will be.  VR (Nikon) or IS (Canon) works relative miracles with holding the camera, but will do nothing with motion.  Fast lenses, and High ISO's are the only thing that will freeze motion...like on the back of a bike. ISO's are going up every year...even some of the point and shoot cameras do a decent job at 1600 now.  If you want 3200+, you've still got to pay for it.  So far, software can't compensate completely.  At least not for large prints.  For web stuff, no problem.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »

Yeah, B&H loves me...that $50 gift card i got for Christmas does not go far...we'll see if I can spend it  ::) when I stop in on Sunday after going to the NY MC Show at the Javits Center on Saturday in a few weeks.

BTW, beatuiful stuff on your site!

Bill

Geez, Bill...if I had 5 bucks for every hundred I've spent at B&H, I could almost not worry about chit.... :huepfenlol2:  You guys in the NE get to see all the new, cool stuff before us Rednecks do.   ;)

Appreciate the compliment...I try...just can't get to some locations at the moment I need to be there.  I love it though...It's still a bit of a surprise...

TTS Mastertune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »

Terry,I enjoyed the pics in your image gallery. Really good!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Slope

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 10:37:49 PM »

I agree!  Best bet for a camera on the go.  Look here: http://gopro.com/

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 08:49:50 AM »

Cannon PowerShot SD1400IS, 14.1 MegaPixels, Still Shots or Video, small very easy to use and carry. Has to be my BSR uses it all the time. (glad she not on this website)  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 09:00:48 AM »

Cannon PowerShot SD1400IS, 14.1 MegaPixels, Still Shots or Video, small very easy to use and carry. Has to be my BSR uses it all the time. (glad she not on this website)  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Where's all the ride reports? :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »

Where's all the ride reports? :nixweiss:

JC, Dan is to busy riding.
But I suspect winter will slow that down a bit.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »

JC, Dan is to busy riding.
But I suspect winter will slow that down a bit.

SBB

He rides more than me?? :o  Creepin up on the 40k mark on my 10. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »

I really like this one... http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/15/ges-create-by-jason-wu-digital-cameras-get-2gb-model-no-more/   2G of internal meory, no batteries, and built in USB for file transfer.  This is my point and shoot for riding... 7D when I'm stopped and have time to shoot for real.  The thing I like about this one is it's cheap and easy to use...

Chuck
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:03:58 PM by Chuck Pryor »

Emerald Ice

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond and Crimson
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 01:33:25 AM »

I'm using a Canon S100 point and shoot and a GoPro Hero 2. Mount the GP on my bike and car. S100 is my all rounder. Both are great cameras. I just started using Eye-Fi cards in them so the images automatically dump into my laptop when I get back on a wifi network.  Very cool piece of technology.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 21 queries.