Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Product Coming - Hybrid Audio Technologies "Drop-In" Lid Speakers  (Read 5769 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New Product Coming - Hybrid Audio Technologies "Drop-In" Lid Speakers
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 10:43:25 PM »

I never had a problem....but now I never will.....With Rich's help I did and Arc amp and Hybrid Audio speakers in the lowers and Hybrid Audio component speakers in the fairing......and next year he is threatening to make me do saddlebag lid speakers :nervous:

MJ, watching projects like these makes for one of the few times I'm glad my ears aren't good enough anymore to hear "good" audio :drink: .

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 06:51:16 AM »

MJ, watching projects like these makes for one of the few times I'm glad my ears aren't good enough anymore to hear "good" audio :drink: .

Or years ago when all that I cared about was that the bike ran....who needed a radio??

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 07:41:45 AM »

Or years ago when all that I cared about was that the bike ran....who needed a radio??

Amen to that Brother.  Didn't even have to be all one bike (or one color).  Just so long as it moved under its own power without needing more than chain or brake adjustments most of the time.  Can you just imagine the then-us looking at the now-us and giving us chit about cruise control and expensive shocks and Corbin seats and fu-fu fancy electronic instruments and....  well....  we would look at ourselves in disbelief.  Tell you what though man, I might have thought that the old hardtail meant something or that pissing blood at the end of a 750 mile day meant something.  But the then-me just wasn't very smart.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 05:40:47 PM »

Hey Rich,Why don't you figure out the problem for Harley that all of us are having with are stock stereos on the 2011 cvo street glide.Oh Sorry I guess you already have and know they are junk,that's why you are using the good stuff.

X2.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:42 PM »

Hopefully when HAT comes out with the speakers for the front of the bike they will be able to use the factory grills. I have been watching a lot of different threads on stereo's, I am definately going to be in the market, but just do not like the aftermarket look.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 08:30:19 PM »

Hopefully when HAT comes out with the speakers for the front of the bike they will be able to use the factory grills. I have been watching a lot of different threads on stereo's, I am definately going to be in the market, but just do not like the aftermarket look.

Mike (mjb765) mounted his HAT "Unity" tweeters using the factory setup (he removed the stock tweeter elements I believe).
Might want to shoot him a PM for info.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom

I finally got my HATs today.   Even with my sore opporated knee, I had to get these in tonight.  Like Rich said,,  they really do sound great.   I used the HD gaskets and it was a breeze.   Only thing is ,,,you will have to modify the basket that supports the speaker from unside the saddle bag.  I snipped them to size and they went right in.  The sound is amazing.  Make sure to get the gaskets from hd.    They are peel and stick and won't go anywhere.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.