Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: back off module & center tour pack brake light  (Read 5687 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: back off module & center tour pack brake light
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »

I just ordered this module. 
http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_brake_light_flasher.htm

I verified that it uses the brake lights positive connection.  I have not decided if I am gong to hook it up before the main connector to flash all of the tourpak lights or after, to only flash the center section.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Jeffrey
Yes, Please do. This is something I'd like to get done.
Thanks
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

codten

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »

Just returned from vacation...

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_brake_light_flasher.htm

I ordered the magic strobe universal..

Directions are pretty straight forward.  I isolated the center tour pak led brake light feed.  There are 3 sets of wires going into a single connector.  The center light section is the larger of the three.   The blue wire the the break lead(verify before cutting).

Follow the directions red to input white to led light assembly side and black to ground.  for the ground I put a connector on the wire and connected it to the plate in the bottom of the tour pak assembly.

After verifying that it worked, I decided to add in the light from the luggage rack as well. Same process isolated the brake lead(red) cut and spliced into white wire out of module.  You really cant see it in the video.

There are several settings I chose number 8 which is a strobe for 5 seconds and then solid.  

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:30:52 PM by codten »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »

That's what I was looking for. Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

oldrider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 08:45:37 PM »

So I have a 2013 Ultra Classic CVO.  To wirethe backoff xp so that the tour pac and the main brake light works, you have to deal with two different brake electrical circuits.  The main rear light, and since I have added the bumper and lower fender light, can be picked up  next to the battery and just coming up from the rear fender.  Find that harness and you can tap into it with the red, black and in my case the red and white wire at that point.  Now the center tour pac light is a little different as it runs from the main tour pac grommet (left bottom), and up a wiring sheath on the left hand frame.   What I did was put a small hole in that sheath and fished a red wire into the tour pac.  Since I did not want my luggage rack wing led lights to flash, I tapped into the Harley red/yellow light that runs into the tour pac center light. Not real hard, maybe one beer.  Now my tour pac light flashes along with the main stop light and my fender light.    If you want the tour pac wind led light to flash as well, just tap into the line as it comes out of the grommet and before it splits to the center and led light.  Pretty easy.  I put the actual model under the drivers backrest attachment point so nothing interferes.  Clean set up.   What would be really slick, if the the signal dynamics people made a plug and play harness.  Seems like it would be easy to do and I would pay the extra money for it.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 09:55:01 PM »

Gentlemen,

You guys may find this part shown below from CD interesting.  I've got the BCM module already for my CD LED turn signals and it works flawlessly.  I believe it's a pre-requisite for using the module pictured below.
I've been thinking about pulling the plug on this tour pak module for a while now, especially since my pulsing brake lights aren't visible when I'm pulling the Bushtec behind me.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 10:17:41 PM »

I installed the custom dynamics module on the Street Glide thing works great. Cars coming up behind me now when I'm stopped at a light or sign slow way down and most times stop a couple car lengths back. Sorta funny really......
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.