Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nav on 2010 FLHXSE  (Read 374 times)

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
Nav on 2010 FLHXSE
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »

Sorry for my lack on knowledge on this but I just bought a 2010 FLHXSE.  The Previous owner told me that it has the Navigation installed but he never used it.  He gave me a Garmin disk, unopened but didnt know anything else about it.  I pressed Nav on the HK radio unit and it said something like "not activated by dealer".  Really don't know where to start.  Did these bikes come with Nav or how can I tell if it has a module?  I have a HD 550 Zumo and have not heard about the Nav benefits.  Any information is greatly appreciated.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Nav on 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »

If you are talking about the NAV on the Harmon Kardon radio I would forget it. It is useless to say the least.

Your Zumo 550 is far superior to the Harmon Kardon. I would for get about the Harmon Kardon and just hook up the 550 and go as it has may more features and is much easier to use.

Jim@hdbomm.com
Ride It Like You Are Retired

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
Re: Nav on 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »

If you are talking about the NAV on the Harmon Kardon radio I would forget it. It is useless to say the least.

Your Zumo 550 is far superior to the Harmon Kardon. I would for get about the Harmon Kardon and just hook up the 550 and go as it has may more features and is much easier to use.

Jim@hdbomm.com

Excellent. Thanks for your response, That is what I gathered from scanning some of the threads here but wanted to be sure I was not missing something.  Now will search for ways to mount the 550.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.