Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Arc Audio Amp + Focal Speakers = SWEET!  (Read 24389 times)

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member
Re: Arc Audio Amp + Focal Speakers = SWEET!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »

I'm presently using Hawg-Wired's 'Six Pack' system (amp & two 6.5" speakers in the fairing).

While it's better than stock, I'm still a little underwhelmed.

Will an Arc amp & Focals be that much better, or am I approaching a point of diminishing returns?

Thanks

Jerry/MD

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 08:27:08 PM »

I'm presently using Hawg-Wired's 'Six Pack' system (amp & two 6.5" speakers in the fairing).

While it's better than stock, I'm still a little underwhelmed.

Will an Arc amp & Focals be that much better, or am I approaching a point of diminishing returns?

Thanks

That`s a tough one DrSpencer. I had Hog Tunes speakers in the lowers on my last bike and was pleased. Just difficult to compare unless they are side-by-side.

I had some extensive time in the saddle on Sunday to listen to my new Focals. I am very pleased and impressed. The rotating tweeters really improve high frequency response. You can position them for a fairly direct line to your ear. Bottom end is good too. One thing I noted during installation is the overall construction of these speakers is top notch. No cheap stamped metal frame...it`s machined aluminum. Also, the magnets are massive. I have no doubt these things can handle plenty of power.

When I compare the price I paid for this setup vs. the Rokkers it wasn't that much extra. Plus, there is a world of difference in quality between the two. To quote Forest Gump, "That`s all I gotta say about that."

Jerry

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »

I went for the focal tweeters in place of the stock ones. ,, might be a little overkill,,, not sure i would do that again with coaxials in the fairing.   The lowers sound great. And I did the hybrids audio in the bags,,   Great set up.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:58:29 PM by cvostu »

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »

I went for the focal tweeters in place of the stock once,,, might be a little overkill,,, not sure i would do that again with coaxials in the fairing.   The lowers sound great. And I did the hybrids audio in the bags,,   Great set up.   :2vrolijk_21:

Not sure what you were trying to express with this message.

I'm going to be using one pair of Focals in the fairing. I can't decide if I should use coaxial or component (separate tweeters) speakers.

Can you help?

Thanks

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »

I was trying to say that the focal coaxials should work out great for you.    That you really won't miss the added tweeters.   That same speaker works great in the lowers too.     That what I was saying sir.   :nixweiss:

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 10:04:29 PM »

I was trying to say that the focal coaxials should work out great for you.    That you really won't miss the added tweeters.   That same speaker works great in the lowers too.     That what I was saying sir.   :nixweiss:

Ah, yes.
Thanks, once again.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »

Can anyone share the Arc/focal contact info for Pete?
 I need some info and pricing?

BigLew

jcd520

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 02:26:37 PM »

Soundz Customz

605 274 3535

Sioux Falls SD

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »

Well after reading the posts, talking to Pete and finding some cash. I pulled the trigger and bought the Level 4 set up. Two speakers, one amp. They should be here in a coue of days. I'll let you know how it goes.  :bananarock: :cucumber:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 07:47:43 PM »

I think Pete should put me on a commission.  :nixweiss:

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »

Tried shagging a discount out of him, but no go.  Stu, he should definitely hook you up....... :drink:

pweber6

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 01:11:40 AM »

Installed a set of Focal speakers in the fairing and pods last week. Great combo with the Arc Audio 125.4 amp I installed last year. The quality and construction is top notch. Much better than what I had before.......  ;)

Jerry

Any pictures on how and where you mounted the arc 125.4 in the fairing?  Which Focals do you have in the fairing.  I'm looking to do a Focal/Arc system, but am still undecided on which model (2 or 4 channel/coaxial or separate tweeter).

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »

Any pictures on how and where you mounted the arc 125.4 in the fairing?  Which Focals do you have in the fairing.  I'm looking to do a Focal/Arc system, but am still undecided on which model (2 or 4 channel/coaxial or separate tweeter).

I currently have this system...Focal KRX2's in fairing (separate tweeters), Focal 6X9's in saddlebag lids with the Arc 4 channel amp in fairing...this is loud and clean and currently being run with the stock head unit (but looking at changing that as well).

As requested, here is a pic of the amp mounted in fairing.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:43:42 AM by Sea Biscuit »

Toddster

• It is what it is

• CVO1: 2012 CVO screamin eagle street glide,107 hp 121tq C&C seat distressed tobacco and ostrich print, orange stitching, rider and passenger backrests Wiseco 10.5 pistons, hot citrus and antique gunstock, heads ported by tman, tts tuner, full-sac pipes 2" cores, tuned by Doc
    • CVO2: 2008 non cvo ultra two tone red, 103 big bore kit, screamin eagle 10.5 to 1 pistons, .3 gasket, screamin eagle factory cnc ported heads, 254e cam, tuner, dynoed, mustang touring seat, 4 focal speakers, arc amp, reinhart slip on, fullsac xpipe,color matched inner fairing, tourpak and bag color matched spoilers, chomed front end, floorboard extenders, luggage rack, hd two in one mirrors, hi intensity led headlight,french bezels on all lights front and rear, chrome levers, derby, primary, timing covers hd collection,oil cooler, hi flow oil pump, 15" windshield
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »

I had Peter put in an arc amp and focal coaxials in fairing and lowers in my 08 Ultra. It kicks. A noticeable difference in clarity and volume vs my 2012 cvo streetglide factory system.
On any bike the bass is the challenge even among very good brands.

My experience is bag speakers are a waste except at idle. Wen moving the sound starts off behind you and is left behind you further as u move.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 03:38:00 AM »

gotta try those new 5x7 hybrid audio's..  they mahe a huge difference even at 80 plus mph :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.