Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: secondary fuse box  (Read 363 times)

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
secondary fuse box
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »

Ok after running power wires for the amp, 2 sets of cooling fans, air horn compressor, 2 sets of heated gear.
I don't like having that many wires hooked to the battery not to mention it looks like crap so i removed the heated gear leads for not. . Has anyone run a secondary fuse box to run stuff instead of running to the battery. there was one in the last issue of the IBA mag but the name escapes me right now. It had 6 fused connections to run hot all the time or run off of switched power. 
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
Re: secondary fuse box
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: secondary fuse box
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »

What you need is a Power Distribution Block.  Do a google search for "motorcycle power distribution block" and you'll find everything from articles in magazines to videos to catalogs with all sorts of devices from the simple to the latest digital stuff.  And yes, this is a MUCH better way to power additional accessories versus just piggybacking more ring connectors under the positive battery cable connection.  You really should limit those to two or at the very maximum three including the battery cable.

You will also find good articles in boating mags on adding power distribution blocks.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.