Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power locks  (Read 520 times)

hep0950

• Junior CVO Member
Power locks
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »

Having problems with my right saddle bag lock, it doesn't work. Is the box to the lock at the bottom of the bag attached by velcro, or is it double sided tape.? I'd like to remove it and look inside to see if anything is burnt. Don't want to force anything.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:42:37 PM by hep0950 »

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
Re: Power locks
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

Just wondering if you have ever removed your bags.  Make sure you have the quick disconnect plugged in good first.  Bight just be a bad connection there. 

Todd. 
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »

Check the harness up along the fender, if the plastic clip comes undone the harness will contact the tire and.....locks no worky no more... Yes this is from personal experience.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 07:59:42 PM »

It is attached with double stick tape.  At least the one on my '07 was.  Doubt they would have changed it but don't know for sure. 

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 08:05:07 PM »

If you have a test meter. Set to continuity and go from connector at plug on bag side of wire harness and pierce other terminal into wire before power lock box. Do it on both wires. I did that and one of them was broken. Then I went further up and pierced jacket a couple inches inside of the saddlebag. No continuity there. Ended up that the wire broke inside the insulation at the point where it goes into the bag. Had to undo the doodad clip grommet thingy going into bag, repair the wire and put it back together. All good now. I think it's unlikely the lock solenoid is bad so check the wires first. It'll save you from opening that thing up.

hep0950

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »

Thanks all. I have had the bag off a few times and unplugged it and plugged it in again to see if it did anything, but no luck. I'll check to make sure the wire didn't get rubbed through. I'll also check the circuit on the bag with an ohm meter. I have lost that grommet on that bag. I went to the dealer and ordered another grommet, but it was the wrong one. Didn't even look like they had it listed in the parts book. If all else fails, I'll have the dealer deal with it. It should be under warranty.
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:43:32 PM by hep0950 »

Hx2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FHTCUSE6 Blue
    • CVO2: FLHRSE5 AE
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »

Make sure your cable from the box to the latch isn't kinked. Mine was and kept me from being able to lock my saddlebag. Once I routed it correctly no more issues. It was kinked due to putting the liner back in and not paying attention to the cable.
13 FLHRSE5 AE
11.5 FLHTCUSE6

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.